Not sure if I should be peeved, perplexed or pleased - I got an offline from the owner of somewhere I've never knowingly been to though does actually exist for the time being according to the map, saying its shutting in a few days and I'd been given a refund for somewhere I never rented. Looked through my transaction history for the last 90 days and I've not paid anything that matches the 'refund' I received 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Not sure if I should be peeved, perplexed or pleased - I got an offline from the owner of somewhere I've never knowingly been to though does actually exist for the time being according to the map, saying its shutting in a few days and I'd been given a refund for somewhere I never rented. Looked through my transaction history for the last 90 days and I've not paid anything that matches the 'refund' I received 

The owner may have sent to the refund by mistake when they meant to send it to an actual tenant. You should contact them to clear up the confusion and return the money to be given to the correct person.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I would wait until the person who made the mistake would contact me. I never check where the extra money on my balance comes from. Normally it is stipend or someone purchasing something.

If there are some good people who want to pay me out of the blue.... kudos for them. If they want their mistake corrected, they already found me the first time, so they can a second time too. Then I will give the money back of course.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When you comment on a TikTok video and the creator replies, "If you don't like it, don't watch."

lulz!

Feedback FAIL.

It might just be a generational thing or a Marigold thing, but I have rarely found anything of value in a TikTok video (yet am inclined to waste some time every single day on checking to make sure 😁) The daughter of a friend makes new ones on a regular basis and gets quite a few "likes" on them, but has yet to "be discovered", and I have to say, I just don't get it, she lip syncs some of her favourite characters from these Netflix teen dramas that are so popular, and I just don't get it. Maybe when I was a teen I would have lip sync'd a song in the mirror using my hairbrush as a substitute microphone, but recording it and putting it out there actually WANTING the world to see and admire would have been unthinkable to me.

Peeve: Monday. It was a very bad one for me. (Until I came here for "group therapy" *chortles*)

Edited by Marigold Devin
changed a "y" to an "i" and an "s" for a "d"
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The owner may have sent to the refund by mistake when they meant to send it to an actual tenant. You should contact them to clear up the confusion and return the money to be given to the correct person.

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I would wait until the person who made the mistake would contact me. I never check where the extra money on my balance comes from. Normally it is stipend or someone purchasing something.

If there are some good people who want to pay me out of the blue.... kudos for them. If they want their mistake corrected, they already found me the first time, so they can a second time too. Then I will give the money back of course.

I thought that the general rule in Second Life is, "if someone gives you money unexpectedly, beware - it could be part of some scam/fraud"...?

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Eep, I hardly ever look at my transaction history so if someone paid me something by mistake it's probably already gone on sweeties. :/ 

• Haha 4

RL pet peeve today:  my internet is all over the place; I can be inworld, no prob, but lots of email lands without images and I cannot connect to Zoom except by phone so it's a good thing I do not have much to say in there today, sigh...........  There is major construction digging going on next door, about 10 feet from my desk so, if that is the issue, maybe I should be happy to connect at all.  😬

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I assume the adult topic I bowed out of got closed?

I seemed like it was about to derail into the usual vitriol.  

Not a peeve: Glad I left when I did.

We just helped a bit to let the mods make the right decisions in the end. 😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

And now my sugar values are climbing through the roof because of build up stress.
Peeve: I really need a dog, so I have to walk a few blocks every few hours.
And I need to learn to go AFK in such cases quicker.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1