I was saving this meme I copied from Facebook, but if anyone here wants to use it, go ahead. Peeve: forumites being all peeved at each other. Not a peeve: Facebook is at least good for copying memes and jokes.

Edited by Quartz Mole
Edited to remove graphic with questionable language
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I was saving this meme I copied from Facebook, but if anyone here wants to use it, go ahead. Peeve: forumites being all peeved at each other. Not a peeve: Facebook is at least good for copying memes and jokes.

talk.jpg.10ada37e81d23001218f99a1f2af245b.jpg.b91f8bdabc68ddca91ab20ea8288672d.jpg

I SO get this LOL!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bagnu said:
1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

talk.jpg.10ada37e81d23001218f99a1f2af245b.jpg.b91f8bdabc68ddca91ab20ea8288672d.jpg

Expand  

I SO get this LOL!!!

You are a NOBODY here till you have a few people hate you!!!!!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, I think it's possible to be "peeved" without being grumpy?

FOR INSTANCE.

I decanted some hummus into an old sour cream tub today to take with me to work for lunch. And I packed it in my computer bag, right next to my little notebook that I use for shopping lists, random thoughts, and "to do" lists.

PEEVE: The tub opened at some point in transit, and my little notebook cover is festooned with hummus!!! GRRRR!

BUT . . . on the bright side, my notebook has never tasted better!

I got some hummus and veggies for someone today LOL, since you mentioned it.

Edited by Bagnu

23 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Dean Martin said it's the other way around:

So totally true. We ain't got nothin' without someone's love. Whatever way, shape, or form that love comes in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

:D

He's got cringing down to a fine art. If I go missing later, I'll be in Youtube catching up with more clips from his series. Laughter really is the best medicine. Thanks for reminding me about Alan Partridge.

(I have no peeves to report this day.)

Edited by Marigold Devin
cringing cringeing looks wrong either way
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Peeve.  Nobody needs the last word, and nobody needs to hear someone repeatedly trying to get it.

I figure if someone needs constant attention and validation, it's because they don't feel satisfied with themself in some way. Positive or negative, the reactions don't matter, as long as they're being seen and eliciting a reaction from other people. When my Mom was a teacher and studying child psychology, this was described to her as the "soggy potato chip" theory, because even a soggy potato chip (a negative reaction) is better than no potato chip (being ignored). Some people perhaps even develop a taste for soggy potato chips. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: We need more reaction emojis. 

If we had an eyeroll 🙄, people wouldn't need to use the laugh 😆as a scorn laugh.

We need a supportive hug emoji too.

Peeve 1: But what do we know, right?

LL has two major rules towards their customers:
1. Lindens are always right.
2. If it is not the case, it is forbidden to criticize whatever they decide.

They already granted us four. Incredible generous, no?
Peeve 2: So it will never happen.
But they walk laughing all the way to the bank, when they see how much money we leave here at their venue.
Peeve 3: Why is SL so damn appealing to me, that I don't want to leave it, despite all?

Edited by Sid Nagy
Yes, I'm grumpy today, so what?
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Peeve: When my groceries I ordered to be delivered between 10-12 comes before 8 a.m. Luckily, I was up and around cleaning the house while my husband was still sleeping. Light flashes alerting of the doorbell, and the first thing that is said to me quite rudely, "Yes, I'm delivering it early again."

..... I'm confused at this point so just answered okay before grabbing the bags and shutting the door. Later hubby tells me that the same delivery person was early the last time we ordered groceries when he answered the door. He actually reported them to the shop because again this was almost two hours early. We were lucky that we were home both times they did this. My take is someone must have been feeling a tad guilty to react on the defensive before I even had the chance to speak. No idea, but very annoying.

Great way to start the morning. 🙄

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Peeve: When my groceries I ordered to be delivered between 10-12 comes before 8 a.m. Luckily, I was up and around cleaning the house while my husband was still sleeping. Light flashes alerting of the doorbell, and the first thing that is said to me quite rudely, "Yes, I'm delivering it early again."

..... I'm confused at this point so just answered okay before grabbing the bags and shutting the door. Later hubby tells me that the same delivery person was early the last time we ordered groceries when he answered the door. He actually reported them to the shop because again this was almost two hours early. We were lucky that we were home both times they did this. My take is someone must have been feeling a tad guilty to react on the defensive before I even had the chance to speak. No idea, but very annoying.

Are there other services around that do the same thing?  I can't stand that so many businesses these days are turning into  the type of service you come to expect from a cable company..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Are there other services around that do the same thing?  I can't stand that so many businesses these days are turning into  the type of service you come to expect from a cable company..

We are actually researching it at the moment. From what we can see yes, but a lot more expensive. There may not be a choice though if this keeps happening. The sad thing is we've been patrons of this particular shop since moving into our bungalow over two years ago. They've always been really great. Never had issues before this. The person who normally delivers to us is always on time and pleasant. They have learned that I'm deaf over the last few years and have even learned to sign to me in greeting. Always would tip them well and not sure if they've quit or what. Oh well! 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Possibly a "general" note was put in your profile to not deliver early, but the driver ignored that - saw it and apologized.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1