20 minutes ago, QuietEventide said:

My personal take on this chess thing is that we are being played.

I am putting forward a theory that people are being played against each other on a massive scale.
Specifically, we are seeing the old technique of "divide and rule".

Oh yeah, for sure.  Even LGBTQIA+ is getting played with a divorce of sorts, where people are being convinced to fight amongst themselves, a divorce is supposedly occurring and this theme has become pretty popular from what I have seen.  Someone out there does not like unity, not at all.

It is so frustrating to watch too, because it is so blatantly obvious.  Divide people with hate and fear, same tactic that has been used since the dawn of humankind, over and over, again and again.  Yet so many  people fall for it every single time 😠 It is so frustrating how we have been conditioned to hate one another.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 7

25 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Maybe write down 10 things you secretly want to do, pin them to a wall, then have a few drinks, put on a blindfold and spin around in a circle, then throw a dart at the wall...and do the thing that you hit? 🙂

I don't even have darts.  :)

Getting old is just a bad invention of nature.
Being an introverted person doesn't help either I guess.

When I was younger, I always thought, when I no longer have to work, I start traveling the world.
And here I am, I have no longer to work (I even can't), enough money to travel the world, no kids, no parents, brothers, sisters or grandchildren to look after...... and totally no drive to pack a suitcase and start traveling.
Life plays tricks with me.

Ah well, just an old fart grumbling.... carry on folks.
I'll step away from the keyboard for the rest of the evening. Tomorrow is another day.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

FIDE also has a different new policy regarding the retention of past titles following transition:

"4.1. Titles. If a player holds any of the women titles, but the gender has been changed to a man, the women titles are to be abolished. Those can be renewed if the person changes the gender back to a woman [...]

If a player has changed the gender from a man into a woman, all the previous titles remain eligible."

This is presumably because mens titles are more "legitimate" than women's ones: a trans man can't "pretend" that titles won while representing as his biological birth sex (i.e., female) "count" once he is representing as a man, with the implicit assumption that this is because titles awarded to women don't mean as much, and it would be misrepresenting their value to allow a trans man to claim them.

Yeah. It's stupid.

I would have assumed this is merely to prevent someone from winning "both the men's and women's titles".

44 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Oh yeah, for sure.  Even LGBTQIA+ is getting played with a divorce of sorts, where people are being convinced to fight amongst themselves, a divorce is supposedly occurring and this theme has become pretty popular from what I have seen.  Someone out there does not like unity, not at all.

It is so frustrating to watch too, because it is so blatantly obvious.  Divide people with hate and fear, same tactic that has been used since the dawn of humankind, over and over, again and again.  Yet so many  people fall for it every single time 😠 It is so frustrating how we have been conditioned to hate one another.

It's been like this since 2015, and it's only getting worse. I have always looked at everyone, no matter certain things as human. So when I saw this division and hate on social media. I realized that the only way to fix it, is to punish the people who caused this. Deplatform the ones who are causing this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I would have assumed this is merely to prevent someone from winning "both the men's and women's titles".

That only makes sense if the new rules being instituted were identical for trans women and trans men. The fact they are not is an unmistakable sign that something else is going on.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That only makes sense if the new rules being instituted were identical for trans women and trans men. The fact they are not is an unmistakable sign that something else is going on.

Tots obvs, women are inferior and the rules are there to preserve that lie.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

And here I am, enough money to travel the world,

As soon as you see this, before you have a coffee, book a flight to Tokyo! Book it and forget about it until two days before you fly, and then panic and start packing in a hurry and think “Why did I listen to that idiot Rat??” xD And then go there…and, if it turns out to be the worst thing you’ve ever done, at least you can think “I’m going back to the Netherlands in a few days" 😍 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@Sid Nagy - And as soon as you see this, unbook that ticket. 15 hours on an aeroplane, a week of jetlag, 15 hours to get back home, and another week of jetlag.

Instead, put on a pot of tea and lose yourself in a good book!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Orwar said:

15 hours on an aeroplane

LOL what? xD It's about 12 hours outbound from the UK, 10-11 hours coming back...but that's the UK, Netherlands might even be a bit quicker!

18 minutes ago, Orwar said:

a week of jetlag

Oh you have to be trolling...or you're very sensitive xD Just drink coffee and have a lie-in on the first day. 

20 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Instead, put on a pot of tea and lose yourself in a good book!

He can do that the other 50 weeks of the year 9_9 Actually...never mind Sid...I think we need to get Orwar away from the Swedish forests for a while :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I think we need to get Orwar away from the Swedish forests for a while :) 

I only leave when I've broken all the monks and need me some fresh ones! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rat Luv said:

Quite a few monks in Japan...! ✈️

Perhaps, but why row half-way around the globe when there's perfectly decent monks on this island just to the south-west where they keep the monks in nice big stone pens where they also keep a bunch of silver and gold laying around? And, where you can get a decent pint, and, where the fish not only comes cooked, but battered and cooked! 

• Haha 3

@Sid Nagy

Take a riverboat cruise https://www.travelandleisure.com/cruises/river-cruises/european-river-cruises

Pick up one or more hobbies. Retirement hobbies list

Take advantage of local things to do like walking trails, birdwatching, photograph wildlife, play miniature golf if the NL has that, maybe tutor a student or two. There are all kinds of things to do. Make a list as you think of them. Don't worry about if it's something you've never done before. Start with a short list of say 5 things if you are having trouble coming up with things you want to do. 

The important thing is to keep your mind active and to try to be active physically. Be sure to check with your doctor before starting anything physical like canoeing or even walking nature trails.

And even if you aren't artistically inclined, it's always fun to try and if you like something that is a little messy, try pottery! This guy knows his stuff: https://www.youtube.com/@AncientPottery

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1