... Want to 'discuss' spiritual or similar matters? Make a proper thread for it or find a spot in world.

Ending this brief comment with a related peeve: The idea/notion that there is any sort of perfection, that a world can exist with little to no strife of any kind ... and similar thoughts. No. Just no. And no, I'm not elaborating here - not even in a dedicated thread. No I won't elaborate privately. I won't elaborate in some in world setting either.

Welcome to life. All life. Every single stage.

Tiresome, isn't it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Marigold Devin said:

Let's just keep adding more peeves then, get back on track.

Peeve: That I logged into Second Life earlier, went to Calleta, and the poster board I was looking for is no longer there, and I have spent ages trying to find a photo of it (which I am sure I do have somewhere among my USB flash drive and DVD stored stuff). 

Much of the land around Calleta has different ownership, been revised or changed even though a lot of stuff ( Arcadia's buildings and hobo-hub ) are still there. The group or person's who have rezzed Arcadia's stuff there seem to restore it eventhough you cannot get free stuff at the Pawnshop anymore .. I did see vendors however in the hobo cantinehouse a few buildings next to it.

The 2 boxes Arcadia left with all her stored items in a house nearby too have gone.

I think I better check my inventory if I still have some stuff of her left myself .. :|

Peeve : Everything is contemporary.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ted McGregor said:

Much of the land around Calleta has different ownership, been revised or changed even though a lot of stuff ( Arcadia's buildings and hobo-hub ) are still there. The group or person's who have rezzed Arcadia's stuff there seem to restore it eventhough you cannot get free stuff at the Pawnshop anymore .. I did see vendors however in the hobo cantinehouse a few buildings next to it.

The 2 boxes Arcadia left with all her stored items in a house nearby too have gone.

I think I better check my inventory if I still have some stuff of her left myself .. :|

Peeve : Everything is contemporary.

Ahh, it was your post on the other thread that triggered off my visit. It was marvellous to see, but absolutely empty. The person who now has Arcadia's stuff rezzed has obviously wanted it to live on, and I got the same feeling when I went into the place with the amusement arcade machines. Sad to see the hobo camp just full of tumbleweed and wind noise, but still worth a visit. 

Peeve: That I rode on the railroad at Calleta, went quite smoothly through into the next sim, but felt RL travel sick. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

... Want to 'discuss' spiritual or similar matters? Make a proper thread for it or find a spot in world.

Ending this brief comment with a related peeve: The idea/notion that there is any sort of perfection, that a world can exist with little to no strife of any kind ... and similar thoughts. No. Just no. And no, I'm not elaborating here - not even in a dedicated thread. No I won't elaborate privately. I won't elaborate in some in world setting either.

Welcome to life. All life. Every single stage.

Tiresome, isn't it?

Their posts have mysteriously vanished, although not where we quoted them. By their own request maybe. 

Peeve: That some of us didn't allow that person to just sound off with their issue and take it as the peeve that it was, but instead gave individual attention only to be shot down in flames, because, actually, none of us as far as I know are qualified in any way to help that particular individual, and therefore it was rather foolish of any of us to show any compassion or offer any help, it just probably harmed them further.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve: That some of us didn't allow that person to just sound off with their issue and take it as the peeve that it was, but instead gave individual attention only to be shot down in flames, because, actually, none of us as far as I know are qualified in any way to help that particular individual. 

Peeve: It's hard to tell when someone just wants to vent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Their posts have mysteriously vanished, although not where we quoted them. By their own request maybe. 

Peeve: That some of us didn't allow that person to just sound off with their issue and take it as the peeve that it was, but instead gave individual attention only to be shot down in flames, because, actually, none of us as far as I know are qualified in any way to help that particular individual, and therefore it was rather foolish of any of us to show any compassion or offer any help, it just probably harmed them further.

Very little of that actually belonged within the confines of this thread outside of the initial post and even then it was pushing things.

In the end it does not much matter as this has become the norm as well and is tiring in its own way.

That goes back to an earlier stated peeve of mine with regard to administrative things here ... One that also appears to have nixed some posts in another topic with no discernible reason to have done so whatsoever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: It's hard to tell when someone just wants to vent. 

Peeve: That certain people - and alts of those people - feel the need to vent and vent and vent and then when they don't get the response they want (or perhaps it is the response they want if they are just wanting to cause trouble), they make it personal and lose sympathy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Ahh, it was your post on the other thread that triggered off my visit. It was marvellous to see, but absolutely empty. The person who now has Arcadia's stuff rezzed has obviously wanted it to live on, and I got the same feeling when I went into the place with the amusement arcade machines. Sad to see the hobo camp just full of tumbleweed and wind noise, but still worth a visit. 

Peeve: That I rode on the railroad at Calleta, went quite smoothly through into the next sim, but felt RL travel sick. 

There is a horizon box full of Arcadia stuff.  The downside is that it takes nearly a full region to unpack it all 😅  Sometimes when I am bored I will go to an empty sandbox, and rezz it while 2000+ meters in the sky,  to wander around in.  It might be in there, it  has been a while since I last spawned it though.

In Opensim there are entire OARs you can download that have the city in them as well, and I think there is even a few regions owned by Arcardia, at leas that is the impression I had.  

Peeve:  I was not here when Arcadia was still roaming SL, it appears that I missed out on a lot of cool stuff dating back from that time. 

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I sent him an IM hug.

Pet Peeve:  just not enough hugs going around in any world. Or well-wishes if hugs are not your thing.

((Free hugs for everyone))

giphy.gif

Peeve: The anti hug establishment, they ruin everything!  No one seems to want my hugs!  😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

Peeve:  I was not here when Arcadia was still roaming SL, it appears that I missed out on a lot of cool stuff dating back from that time. 

love_009.thumb.jpg.f59e7b87498a4ab87bc974c955eec5dc.jpg

Arcadia Asylum Library & Aleymart Freebie Center

PS Don't dare hug me either.

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a Big peve right now makers that assume you use EvoX and everything is moving to support this proptary UV only only Please for the love of god include a Standard UV in the box as well I bought this Catwa Pro last year i am not buying a new head just to support  Embrace and extinguish tactics

8 minutes ago, Linnea Evergarden said:

I have a Big peve right now makers that assume you use EvoX and everything is moving to support this proptary UV only only Please for the love of god include a Standard UV in the box as well I bought this Catwa Pro last year i am not buying a new head just to support  Embrace and extinguish tactics

EVOX has a setting in the HUD that you can toggle between EVOx and Classic mapping. But then again, due to EVOx being so big. It is very marketable for a lot of creators to create for that, instead of standard UV. 

Edited by Sammy Huntsman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Linnea Evergarden said:

Please for the love of god include a Standard UV in the box as well

It's not as easy as 'including' a standard UV as well. If you draw something onto an EvoX UV, the 'thing' you drew will be mapped all wrong.

With some things it may be possible to cut and paste things around to align them onto an SLUV as well, but if it requires any accuracy (like a detailed eyeshadow or eyeliner) you may have to deform it significantly to make it fit, at which point it may be all crooked and distorted, and just, no good. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Orwar said:

It's not as easy as 'including' a standard UV as well. If you draw something onto an EvoX UV, the 'thing' you drew will be mapped all wrong.

With some things it may be possible to cut and paste things around to align them onto an SLUV as well, but if it requires any accuracy (like a detailed eyeshadow or eyeliner) you may have to deform it significantly to make it fit, at which point it may be all crooked and distorted, and just, no good. 

Yeah, that totally makes sense, as the UV mapping is different. So it would be hard to just put it on the SLUV without having to do a lot of major reworks to get it to fit right. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 12:58 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I forgot that it was July.. I just realized mine is tomorrow.. lol

And I forgot to react on that yesterday.

I hope you had a happy rezday yesterday Ceka.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Linnea Evergarden said:

I'm very grateful to a few creators that are still putting out a classic UV version of things along with the new EvoX version.  I realize it is extra work for them - they basically have to fully create each one from scratch.

• Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm very grateful to a few creators that are still putting out a classic UV version of things along with the new EvoX version.  I realize it is extra work for them - they basically have to fully create each one from scratch.

Looks like Genus is going that way too when they roll out their updated heads. You will have SLUV and their own proprietary UV. But yeah when you are creating for different mappings. You either have to take time to basically try to get the mapping to work with other mappings or redraw it from scratch. Both take time to do. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

And I forgot to react on that yesterday.

I hope you had a happy rezday yesterday.

Thank you..:)

After I posted that, I forgot again.. hehehe

I always forget my rez day.. I think the only one that I ever paid any attention to was the very first one.. After that they just came and went.. hehehe

I just didn't realize mine and Scylla's were that close all this time..hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4