1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Thats his real life name.  I have 5.  They seem to arrive in pairs.

I have NO pets in SL. 

That is the best name I have EVER heard for a kitty!

Now I'm peeved that I don't have cats. Not that I could ever come up with a name that epic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of my pet peeves is ANIMATED AVATARS within forums, or animated gifs or anything that moves or distracts on a static page that I'm trying to read. You know who you are 😐

However, uBlock Origin always comes to the rescue.

Right-click the moving image - Block element - Create

Never to be seen again. Job done 🙂

• Like 2

Wow. SL's furry community -- the ones active on Twitter, anyway, are not happy with LL's new association with, or at least apparent endorsement of, a particular company that produces furry art.

LL really really needs to get better at consulting with residents about this kind of thing.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, CandyCole said:

One of my pet peeves is ANIMATED AVATARS within forums, or animated gifs or anything that moves or distracts on a static page that I'm trying to read. You know who you are 😐

Thank you! Got rid of that pesky image perfectly!

5 hours ago, CandyCole said:

Yeah, I keep trying to brush those little ants and flies off my screen!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow. SL's furry community -- the ones active on Twitter, anyway, are not happy with LL's new association with, or at least apparent endorsement of, a particular company that produces furry art.

LL really really needs to get better at consulting with residents about this kind of thing.

Be careful going down that rabbit hole. 👀

Though I admit, now you have me curious enough to peek.

Edit: Reading the article now, and seeing how avatar customization difficulty is my biggest SL-related peeve and has been since Day 1, I'm not entirely sure why there's so much emphasis in here about how easy it all is. Man, I wish! 😳

Edit edit: Just caught up on everything. Oof. Yikes.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

SL .. community .. Twitter

OK a snip but any combo of two of those three is a deep peeve =^^=

But a real one - I have forgotten how to terraform in a tight space. Was a lot easier with a whole sim mutter

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CandyCole said:

3 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Thank you! Got rid of that pesky image perfectly!

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yeah, I keep trying to brush those little ants and flies off my screen!

It is due to be changed, but now I'll have to find another gif to use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Edit: Reading the article now, and seeing how avatar customization difficulty is my biggest SL-related peeve and has been since Day 1, I'm not entirely sure why there's so much emphasis in here about how easy it all is.

What article ..? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, now I want to know the whole story.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

SL's furry community -- the ones active on Twitter, anyway,

Thank you for qualifying it, that's important.

Hilariously however (to me at least), while the SL Furry community may get a lot of judgement already as being "different", for anyone to assume a majority of SL Furries are on Twitter is absolutely beyond the pale! What kind of "nutjobs" would use Twitter?

Oops, Peeve: Generalizashuns!

IMG_9001.jpeg

<== Is proud of joke!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

If you're on the Twitters, Scylla's referring to a tweet made by the official SL account that links out to an article.

Waste of time for those who aren't on Twitter since you have to be logged in to read anything. Thanks twerp to Musk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Waste of time for those who aren't on Twitter since you have to be logged in to read anything. Thanks twerp to Musk.

I don't use Twitter, but I may have read the article through a SL post on Facebook.

( I can't wait to see the cage match between Musk and Zuckerburg, btw.)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

If you're on the Twitters, Scylla's referring to a tweet made by the official SL account that links out to an article.

Ah. Well, I'm not on Twitter, so .. Meh. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Ah. Well, I'm not on Twitter, so .. Meh. 

You aren't missing much. It's mostly of interest if you're involved in the furry art community. I'm guessing Scylla was just peeved about the mistake made that was entirely preventable (linking out to a site known for art commission shenanigans). OR...she's a secret furry... 👀😂

We turn to Scylla for comment...

ana-guerra-interview.gif

On topic, PEEEEVE: Didn't Google Images used to have selectable jpeg and gif sizes? I could've sworn it used to have gif sizes. Gifs don't need to be so big. Grrr.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

You aren't missing much. It's mostly of interest if you're involved in the furry art community. I'm guessing Scylla was just peeved about the mistake made that was entirely preventable (linking out to a site known for art commission shenanigans). OR...she's a secret furry... 👀😂

We turn to Scylla for comment...

Yeah, pretty much. I was actually trying to keep out of the camera eye even as I wrote it. 😮

I know very little about the issues, beyond having read the article, the Twitter responses to it, and another article about the company in question, so I was trying to be deliberately cautious about how I framed this. The article, which the official SL twitter account tweeted out (and which includes a sort of interview with a Linden), has been criticized for being "tone deaf," for getting information wrong, and for endorsing a company that apparently has garnered a rather . . . problematic reputation for itself in the furry community.

My main point, as Ayashe says, is that this kind of kerfuffle, minor as it may be and regardless of the veracity of the allegations, is entirely avoidable through the simple expedient of consulting a little more closely with the community. What was, I think, intended to be a supportive and positive thing has seemingly become anything but.

I will now once again take refuge behind my parapet, without making further comment. 😏

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4