Just now, Rowan Amore said:

This!!! Especially when they're in the left turn lane.  Don't know how many times I just want to get out and give them a slap.

Here's a little story that happened a while back. My man got stuck behind one --- the guy on the phone said I'm on a important call and closed the window, turn the car off and put on the 4-way flashers.  What's funny moments later a patrol car came by and the officer went to see what's going on.  The officer waved my man safely pass the car.

Days later the officer's wife came by our bar (we live in a small town) and said the guy was from California and thought his talking was more important then pulling over somewhere.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Here's a little story that happened a while back. My man got stuck behind one --- the guy on the phone said I'm on a important call and closed the window, turn the car off and put on the 4-way flashers.  What's funny moments later a patrol car came by and the officer went to see what's going on.  The officer waved my man safely pass the car.

Days later the officer's wife came by our bar (we live in a small town) and said the guy was from California and thought his talking was more important then pulling over somewhere.

O.M.G.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Straight to solitary confinement. No trial, no nothing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Sick and tired of people refusing to listen, constantly acting as though everyone is out to get them and (unrelated to the first two) pretending that their on inattentiveness is somehow the fault of a UI designer!

Sounds like some of these threads are really stressful for you.  I hate feeling frustrated and unheard, too.  Have you thought about just leaving people to work things out for themselves?  If reading a thread does not feel good, don't read it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Sounds like some of these threads are really stressful for you.  I hate feeling frustrated and unheard, too.  Have you thought about just leaving people to work things out for themselves?  If reading a thread does not feel good, don't read it.

There are times I will take a step back, times I will also toss someone temporarily into the Ignore list as well. In this instance ... was already somewhat frazzled before checking my messages. Considering how I do things in the morning .... Not a good thing to be, prior to my coffee. and I tend to read the forums both prior to coffee and while drinking the first two cups.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: People assuming they know things about others when they don't. The problem with this is they've already made up their minds about you before ever getting to know you and nothing you say or do will ever change that. It's not your problem, it's theirs. I think the term for that is projection.

42 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I think the term for that is projection.

Hm, that description doesn't quite seem to align with my understanding of projection. I'd call what you described just a preconceived assumption, and possibly wilful ignorance. To project is to consciously or subconsciously reject your rational realisations about yourself that you find unacceptable, by pinning it on someone else, like a more aggressive form of deflection (both are a form psychological defense mechanisms). A not totally uncommon example would be if someone cheats on their spouse, they don't know how to handle the guilt (and obviously won't owe up to it) and instead project by accusing their spouse of cheating on them.

But I do believe the proper term, in the manner of the study of human psychiatry, might be 'they're being butts'. Nods sagely.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Hm, that description doesn't quite seem to align with my understanding of projection. I'd call what you described just a preconceived assumption, and possibly wilful ignorance. To project is to consciously or subconsciously reject your rational realisations about yourself that you find unacceptable, by pinning it on someone else, like a more aggressive form of deflection (both are a form psychological defense mechanisms). A not totally uncommon example would be if someone cheats on their spouse, they don't know how to handle the guilt (and obviously won't owe up to it) and instead project by accusing their spouse of cheating on them.

But I do believe the proper term, in the manner of the study of human psychiatry, might be 'they're being butts'. Nods sagely.

I don't disagree. 

I'm just going to say that I think it was a bit of both. Something I would normally expect from one but not the other.

The insensitivity of others isn't something that has ever been easy for me to deal with thanks to my brothers.

Thank you. 

abrazo-768x559.jpg

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When someone you don't quite recognize, starts leaving "confused" emotes on a lot of your old posts, out of the blue.

"I've got a new fan!"

Life goals:

Find yourself someone who obsesses about you the way Love's fan obsesses over his old posts.

Edited by PermaRuthed
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When someone you don't quite recognize, starts leaving "confused" emotes on a lot of your old posts, out of the blue.

"I've got a new fan!"

/me considers going through Love's old posts and leaving random reactions, including lots of confused ones.  

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

/me considers going through Love's old posts and leaving random reactions, including lots of confused ones.  

:SwingingFriends:

Since you're no stranger (at least in these forums), I'd assume you were either mad at me or trolling. 

Be like Klytina..laugh! 

• Haha 1

Peeve:   While playing Linden Realms to have somebody following and remaining BEHIND you only to grab the crystal in FRONT of you just before you reach it.  Also, to have somebody FLY by so fast it makes you seem to be standing still.  They then clear out a region before you can reach the area.  

I fill sorry for those who are so unskilled at picking up crystals that they feel that they must cheat.   I can only hope that they do not act the same in their real lives.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DromoMania said:

I fill sorry for those who are so unskilled at picking up crystals that they feel that they must cheat.   I can only hope that they do not act the same in their real lives.

I'm not in the habit of picking up crystals in my real life, but if I could fly to do it, I probably would!

• Like 2