3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh yes, I've certainly run across those before -- people who very deliberately decide to co-opt you into their exhibitionist fantasy RP. And yes, agreed: it's a form of griefing, a bit different perhaps from others who insist that you play along with whatever RP they are engaged in.

I don't think this was the case here, though. I think she was probably just a bit clueless.

/me "giggles"

🤢

I have this happen at the beach a lot.. I can be trying to take pictures  or just sorting inventory, then close a window  or turn my camera and notice, I'm in the middle of a dancing snake pit..

I don't mind it really, as long as they don't bump into me and wreck my shot..

A nice thing that happened today though was, one of the guys that run the beach gave me rez rights so that I can take more pictures there.. He said something about putting one of the pictures from my profile on their wall.. then said I could take pictures there and  send more..

That was a good start to the day.. it makes me want to take more and  better ones..

I got side tracked again!   probably because the house is empty and I'm enjoying the alone time.. hehehe

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think some don't really understand that it's different in a lot of places.. Some come into SL thinking it's one big sex club or see adult and think that.

THIS!!!

You see it even here sometimes, occasionally from people who should know better. SL is soooo diverse -- but a lot of us swim around in very small bubbles.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

THIS!!!

You see it even here sometimes, occasionally from people who should know better. SL is soooo diverse -- but a lot of us swim around in very small bubbles.

Indeed. People seem to miss that the Adult region rating encompasses a wide variety of potential content and behaviors.

There is a dearth of (inaccurate/mis)information out there .... 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Do you own a hen?  Who can afford that many eggs these days?  🐔

Another of my current peeves.  My husband likes boiled eggs for breakfast and I typically make a small batch of tuna salad each week.  Thus I'm boiling anywhere from 12-18 eggs every weekend.  The price is getting outlandish.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

THIS!!!

I think people are still kind of new  in their first couple of years too and can take a bit to really get a good idea of the whole grid.. It's a lot to swallow.. I have to admit I was a bit of a wild cat my first couple of years.. hehehe

But i wasn't married then so, ya..  hehehe

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Another of my current peeves.  My husband likes boiled eggs for breakfast and I typically make a small batch of tuna salad each week.  Thus I'm boiling anywhere from 12-18 eggs every weekend.  The price is getting outlandish.

I know they are high here.. I see like 20.00 for a 60 pack. That's the white thin shell eggs too..

I love our eggs..They are always brown or dark brown and thick shelled..the yolks stand up where bleh white thin shelled eggs just go thin and flat in the yolk..

A lot say there isn't a difference between the brown and white eggs, but I never seen  white eggs that are better than brown ones yet. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I know they are high here.. I see like 20.00 for a 60 pack. That's the white thin shell eggs too..

I love our eggs..They are always brown or dark brown and thick shelled..the yolks stand up where bleh white thin shelled eggs just go thin and flat in the yolk..

A lot say there isn't a difference between the brown and white eggs, but I never seen  white eggs that are better than brown ones yet. 

One of my neighbors recently started keeping chickens.  I need to see if they have any extra eggs that they'd like to sell for less than the grocery store prices.

• Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

One of my neighbors recently started keeping chickens.  I need to see if they have any extra eggs that they'd like to sell for less than the grocery store prices.

A lot of times if people are doing it for eggs for themselves and you know them , most end up giving eggs away..  It's really easy to get backed up with eggs.. Even with a small amount of hens..

You get an egg a day from each one.. it doesn't seem like a lot until you realize how much you were not eating eggs before and have to start eating more of them now.. hehehe

My sister overbought hens and  she couldn't give them away fast enough.. If someone loves eggs, hens are the gift that keeps on giving, like cows and milk.. the milking has to be done  no matter  how good or bad you feel, the cows are gonna show up every day..lol

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

A lot of times if people are doing it for eggs for themselves and you know them , most end up giving eggs away..  It's really easy to get backed up with eggs.. Even with a small amount of hens..

I believe it!  At the same time, raising hens isn't cheap.  I was listening to NPR this morning and some poultry farmer was saying that his costs for food, veterinary services, electricity, and packaging had risen by more than 50% this year.  That's not chicken feed. (Well, it is, but ..) If I had a neighbor with hens, I'd offer a fair price for them.

• Like 3

Eggs are outrageously expensive right now 😢 From my understanding in the US, there is a massive pandemic destroying a lot of our egg laying chicken at an alarming rate and it has been ongoing for months.  I have read it could be months before we recuperate from the pandemic and start seeing the price of eggs dropping.  Due to inflation, it is unlikely we will ever see them as inexpensive as they used to be, but the prices we see now are not likely to remain this high forever.  

I've looked into raising chicken in the past out of curiosity and at the time it was more expensive, it is also something I would not really want to get involved with because it looks like a lot of work involved.  I wonder for those who do have their own chicken if the expense has levelled out for them with the cost of eggs as high as they are.

Where I live the cost of pasture raised / cage free eggs has recently been surpassed by most of the other eggs.  I wonder if the spread of the virus is less prolific in such conditions, and the expense of the eggs are reflecting that now.  

58 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I believe it!  At the same time, raising hens isn't cheap.  I was listening to NPR this morning and some poultry farmer was saying that his costs for food, veterinary services, electricity, and packaging had risen by more than 50% this year.  That's not chicken feed. (Well, it is, but ..) If I had a neighbor with hens, I'd offer a fair price for them.

Ya, a lot set out to sell eggs, which right now they might do well.. but in regular times unless you have regulars, you can get backed up real easy.. It is nice to offer for sure..

it's nice to know the people, because  those are the ones that usually get asked if they need eggs.. hehehe

I have people that want to pay me for the eggs I give them, but I'm just glad to have them not go to waste, plus the room..  hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Eggs are outrageously expensive right now 😢 From my understanding in the US, there is a massive pandemic destroying a lot of our egg laying chicken at an alarming rate and it has been ongoing for months.  I have read it could be months before we recuperate from the pandemic and start seeing the price of eggs dropping.  Due to inflation, it is unlikely we will ever see them as inexpensive as they used to be, but the prices we see now are not likely to remain this high forever.  

I've looked into raising chicken in the past out of curiosity and at the time it was more expensive, it is also something I would not really want to get involved with because it looks like a lot of work involved.  I wonder for those who do have their own chicken if the expense has levelled out for them with the cost of eggs as high as they are.

Where I live the cost of pasture raised / cage free eggs has recently been surpassed by most of the other eggs.  I wonder if the spread of the virus is less prolific in such conditions, and the expense of the eggs are reflecting that now.  

Some states, such as California, require eggs to be from cage free chickens.  4 million of those have been lost to the Avian flu.  57 million chickens overall.  Since chickens don't take long to mature to egg laying stage, hopefully things will improve this year.  🐣🐔🍳

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Some states, such as California, require eggs to be from cage free chickens.  4 million of those have been lost to the Avian flu.  57 million chickens overall.  Since chickens don't take long to mature to egg laying stage, hopefully things will improve this year.  🐣🐔🍳

Ya good healthy hens can start to lay at around 20 weeks old.. So ya it's pretty quick..

• Like 1

I just looked up a good video on  the what goes on in the bigger laying farms.. these guys have a really nice setup.. it makes a lot of sense what they are saying when they compare cage free to caged..I guess they do both because some want cage free and some want caged.. Cage free  can be a heck of a lot messier and more unhealthy.. That dust is seriously nasty..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You get an egg a day from each one.. it doesn't seem like a lot until you realize how much you were not eating eggs before and have to start eating more of them now.. hehehe

My sister overbought hens and  she couldn't give them away fast enough.. If someone loves eggs, hens are the gift that keeps on giving, like cows and milk.. the milking has to be done  no matter  how good or bad you feel, the cows are gonna show up every day..lol

Fun fact, chickens lay eggs from their single orifice, the cloaca!  Clean the poop off your eggs!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Fun fact, Chickens lay eggs from their ***** cloaca!  Clean the poop off your eggs!

When an egg comes out, the chicken’s cloaca is turned inside out so that the egg cannot come in contact with the intestines.  No poopy eggs!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

When an egg comes out, the chicken’s cloaca is turned inside out so that the egg cannot come in contact with the intestines.  No poopy eggs!

Interesting!  

When I first ran across the cloaca info (sorry, I had edited out the "a-word" but you quoted me before the edit) - it was in a chicken breeder's classic textbook which I had given my stepmother, who was raising chickens.  Anyway, I didn't know they only had one orifice and the book enlightened me on that point. (The book didn't point out the bit you did.) Sometimes you learn the strangest things from books!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Fun fact, chickens lay eggs from their single orifice, the cloaca!  Clean the poop off your eggs!

Fun fact, the eggs are protected by a waxy substance which is added in the last 90 minutes or so before laying; the 'egg bloom' fills the porous structure of the shell which inhibits gaseous exchanges. Washing eggs can damage or destroy this layer, which makes the eggs spoil at an accelerated rate.

Unwashed eggs are good for about two weeks kept at room temperature and three months if refrigerated. Washed eggs should always be stored refrigerated and generally last for about two months. 

As for cloaca, they're not unique to chickens - all birds, reptiles, amphibians, and even certain mammals (including certain species of moles) have them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Fun fact, the eggs are protected by a waxy substance which is added in the last 90 minutes or so before laying; the 'egg bloom' fills the porous structure of the shell which inhibits gaseous exchanges.

So long as that "waxy substance" didn't come from the rooster, I'm fine with it!

I love me some eggs! Even if they come from a cloaca!

Peeved if Moles have more than.. molasses! 

• Haha 1