1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Go to the "Wearing" tab in your inventory, find the box, right click, and choose "Detach Item."

There. I have made my worthwhile contribution to the forum for the day!

I tell them to climb up into it, it will take you to a magical place..:D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

The thread was completely in line with the new guidelines and nobody was out of order with their reactions.

No, it was not as per the guidelines you mentioned...

Abuse of Moderation or Moderators: Please honor our moderation process and the decisions that come out of it; they are being made in order to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:

Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

my famous avocado eggsalad.. omg is it good too. :)

You lucky girl!  

As to the locked thread and the whole situation of the bots, oi.  I'm not a happy camper about it.  I think they are spam at worst possibly though.  At least, I'm hoping so.  Spam I can deal with.

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

so far as I can see, not contravening the forum guidelines in any way?

It violated the Forum Guidelines (https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Forum_Participation_Guidelines😞

image.png.5bbcfa19f841971e7933ef884926510d.png

** already posted by Rowan further up

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Folks, please let's not get this thread locked too.

I could not care less at the moment Innula,
As far as I'm concerned I would not even cry if they took down the whole forum.
It has become purposeless as far as I'm concerned.

What is there left to discuss, if the mods even pull the plug out of serious SL matters and that all because of some ass covering in the guidelines?

And now I go for a long walk in the RL snow.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

You lucky girl! 

My Eggsalad  came from all skill.. it took me like 4 batches to get it just right..hehehehe

My boys won't even touch egg salad with mayonnaise in it anymore..Avocado is like the best replacement ingedient ever.. hehehe

• Like 4

All I'm going to say is, keep your survey bots off my land if you did not ask my permission for them to enter FIRST! 

Even Tyche (the original survey bots) honored my request to stop her bots from entering my land. 

Think about it.

https://www.virtualverse.one/forums/threads/new-sl-regions-in-the-past-week.189/post-95614

And yes it does peeve me when people force things on me that they didn't ask first.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

Peeve: A bunch of adult people trying to be the teachers favorite at all costs and they don't even care when the teachers are bullying.

Good night everybody.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

So, not sure if this counts as a "peeve" or not . . . but . . .

Last night at the club I regularly attend every Friday night, a guy TPs in with a woman whom he has presumably asked to dance. Woman almost immediately loses all her clothing, and begins some rather inappropriately public sex chat, accompanied by a great deal of "giggles!" (/me rolls her eyes).

The club is adult, so no violation of the ToS, but it is not normal at this place for people to dance naked or engage in explicit sexual chat in public. Everyone was kinda embarrassed -- but most of all, the poor guy who'd brought her, apparently not realizing what was going to ensue. Eventually, he excused himself and left. Maybe a half an hour later, Naked Dancing Girl leaves too -- and almost immediately her original dance partner returns with a new woman, this time fully clothed. He joked a bit about his last partner, and worked very hard to establish that he was embarrassed too -- he tipped the DJ four times! He seemed a nice guy: I felt awful for him.

So, hmmm, peeve? People who can't read the room and insist upon thrusting their over-the-top sexuality upon a community that pretty clearly didn't want to share in it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, not sure if this counts as a "peeve" or not . . . but . . .

Last night at the club I regularly attend every Friday night, a guy TPs in with a woman whom he has presumably asked to dance. Woman almost immediately loses all her clothing, and begins some rather inappropriately public sex chat, accompanied by a great deal of "giggles!" (/me rolls her eyes).

The club is adult, so no violation of the ToS, but it is not normal at this place for people to dance naked or engage in explicit sexual chat in public. Everyone was kinda embarrassed -- but most of all, the poor guy who'd brought her, apparently not realizing what was going to ensue. Eventually, he excused himself and left. Maybe a half an hour later, Naked Dancing Girl leaves too -- and almost immediately her original dance partner returns with a new woman, this time fully clothed. He joked a bit about his last partner, and worked very hard to establish that he was embarrassed too -- he tipped the DJ four times! He seemed a nice guy: I felt awful for him.

So, hmmm, peeve? People who can't read the room and insist upon thrusting their over-the-top sexuality upon a community that pretty clearly didn't want to share in it.

Yeah that ...

Many of the clubs I frequent wouldn't bat an eye at public adult play but still ....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Take the eggs and mayo out of it and substitute lettuce and tomato.  I'll eat it.  😎

If i took the eggs out of there I would have a revolt.. hehehe

They need all the protein they can get,

I use 5 Avocado 3 stalks of celery, 2 red onions 3 stalks of Bok Choi, 6 mini bell peppers, anywhere from 12 to 18 eggs, 6 cloves of garlic.. Then mix up a little bit of my spices.. then make a mix of regular mustard and honey mustard to taste, where there is a 1/4 cup together..I have everything finely diced too so it digest  faster

I mix it until it feels like it's floating in the bowl.. Then let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours..

If it makes it to the next day, it's really good after sitting in the fridge for the night..

It sounds like a lot of ingredients, but I make a huge amount, otherwise I would never get any.. The bowl I use is probably the next step down from a punch bowl. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Went through similar with a naked woman dancing in the middle of a live concert recently.  It was lame as could be and uncomfortable when everyone else was clothed.  Exhibitionist griefer perhaps.  I've seen it on occasion.     

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Yeah that ...

Many of the clubs I frequent wouldn't bat an eye at public adult play but still ....

Yeah. I think there's a difference between "this is expected behavior" and "this is theoretically permitted here." There are places where one might go because one wants to experience that kind of oversharing. This very obviously was not one of them.

I'm not, btw, "angry" at the woman in question. It was cringy and sometimes a bit gross, but I think she was just not very good at recognizing the nature of the place or the crowd. In some ways, I feel bad for her too: there was nothing "wrong" with what she was doing (although, yeeeeeesh . . .); she was just doing it in the wrong place. I think she probably got that message by the time she left -- and probably felt a bit embarrassed herself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Do you own a hen?  Who can afford that many eggs these days?  🐔

I have a few of them.. I end up giving eggs away as well..

It doesn't take long at all for eggs to start to build up..  I get people asking me if i need eggs.. I just say, I have hens too.. hehehehe

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Went through similar with a naked woman dancing in the middle of a live concert recently.  It was lame as could be and uncomfortable when everyone else was clothed.  Exhibitionist griefer perhaps.  I've seen it on occasion.     

Oh yes, I've certainly run across those before -- people who very deliberately decide to co-opt you into their exhibitionist fantasy RP. And yes, agreed: it's a form of griefing, a bit different perhaps from others who insist that you play along with whatever RP they are engaged in.

I don't think this was the case here, though. I think she was probably just a bit clueless.

/me "giggles"

🤢

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah. I think there's a difference between "this is expected behavior" and "this is theoretically permitted here." There are places where one might go because one wants to experience that kind of oversharing. This very obviously was not one of them.

I'm not, btw, "angry" at the woman in question. It was cringy and sometimes a bit gross, but I think she was just not very good at recognizing the nature of the place or the crowd. In some ways, I feel bad for her too: there was nothing "wrong" with what she was doing (although, yeeeeeesh . . .); she was just doing it in the wrong place. I think she probably got that message by the time she left -- and probably felt a bit embarrassed herself.

I think some don't really understand that it's different in a lot of places.. Some come into SL thinking it's one big sex club or see adult and think that..  These are the moments we later comes to know as those moments we say to ourselves.. omg I was such a cringe back then!! \o/

As least that's what I heard from a friend of a friend anyways.. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1