13 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Cheer up, Love.  Maybe the next script will fail spectacularly.

Early in my career, my team was designing a portable automatic defibrillator. It had a few buttons and a speaker to make beeps and boops. The design contained two little microprocessors, one to handle all the "housekeeping", one to look for cardiac activity and enable the defibrillator circuits if there was none.

The engineer assigned the task of scanning the buttons and driving the speaker with the housekeeping processor made some  error in his code, which resulted in the system playing what sounded like arcade game sound effects. Everybody in the lab started laughing, not because they realized he'd screwed up his code, but because the sounds were hilarious.

We were all disappointed when he was unable to comprehend how the error produced the sounds. We wanted to do it intentionally.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Typing on my phone while gardening.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Peeve: The word "airplane".

The correct and scientific name of a winged self-propelled flying craft is an "aeroplane", not "airplane" (sic).

Aero (Greek) meaning air. Used in aeroplane, aeronautics, aerospace, aerobic, Aero chocolate bars etc. Even NASA uses it, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

"Airplane" is just a lazy slurred shortening/misspelling of aeroplane and should be avoided. 

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Peeve: The word "airplane".

The correct and scientific name of a winged self-propelled flying craft is an "aeroplane", not "airplane" (sic).

Aero (Greek) meaning air. Used in aeroplane, aeronautics, aerospace, aerobic, Aero chocolate bars etc. Even NASA uses it, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

"Airplane" is just a lazy slurred shortening/misspelling of aeroplane and should be avoided. 

I always use the word vliegtuig.
Problem solved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I am in the process of being other peoples' peeves (again! ikr?). I'm hopping from profile to profile and so leaving my little tracks in the stupid software where it shows who visits your profile. That always used to freak me out, wondering why people are looking at my profile! "Now what have I done???" So, I'm now doing that to others today. YW.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I am in the process of being other peoples' peeves (again! ikr?). I'm hopping from profile to profile and so leaving my little tracks in the stupid software where it shows who visits your profile. That always used to freak me out, wondering why people are looking at my profile! "Now what have I done???" So, I'm now doing that to others today. YW.

Are you absolutely certain that you ever stopped being a Peeve?

Just now, Seicher Rae said:

I see you. All up in mah profilez.

i-see-u-drake.gif

It's not a peeve, though. Follow away! You'll be quite disappointed as I often make little sense when the coffee doesn't hit right. 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh, I'm QUITE certain that to some, if not most, I am one. I just don't like to brag.

And you?

I try, I just don't like being called out on it. 
On the subject of "following", I followed a few and was followed back recently (or vice versa) after posting about "Following" recently. I found it needful to stop following some due to recent drama (regarding "changes"), but hope to follow them again soon! 

24 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Early in my career, my team was designing a portable automatic defibrillator. It had a few buttons and a speaker to make beeps and boops. The design contained two little microprocessors, one to handle all the "housekeeping", one to look for cardiac activity and enable the defibrillator circuits if there was none.

The engineer assigned the task of scanning the buttons and driving the speaker with the housekeeping processor made some  error in his code, which resulted in the system playing what sounded like arcade game sound effects. Everybody in the lab started laughing, not because they realized he'd screwed up his code, but because the sounds were hilarious.

We were all disappointed when he was unable to comprehend how the error produced the sounds. We wanted to do it intentionally.

You're reminding me again how glad I am to not have taken the QA job with the defibrillator company!

10 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I see you. All up in mah profilez.

i-see-u-drake.gif

It's not a peeve, though. Follow away! You'll be quite disappointed as I often make little sense when the coffee doesn't hit right. 😂

I've never (?) had my follow button on, nor have I ever followed people before. Experiment. I suspect it'll drive me bats and I will discontinue, so get your weird-a** comments in while you can. :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I've never (?) had my follow button on, nor have I ever followed people before. Experiment. I suspect it'll drive me bats and I will discontinue, so get your weird-a** comments in while you can. :)

I actually had the profile visibility who's peeking at you thinggiemadoohickey turned off and forgot it even existed. And never noticed I had followers. Helloooo peoples! I hope you enjoy my semi-caffeinated ramblings. 

So here's a random peeve we could probably all get behind (I may have mentioned it once or twelve times before, too). Mesh. Gowns. The trains, especially. Omg...flying all over the place. Looks great when you stand still, but I feel so silly once my leg moves and the thing starts bobbing all over. 😒

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I actually had the profile visibility who's peeking at you thinggiemadoohickey turned off and forgot it even existed. And never noticed I had followers. Helloooo peoples! I hope you enjoy my semi-caffeinated ramblings. 

So here's a random peeve we could probably all get behind (I may have mentioned it once or twelve times before, too). Mesh. Gowns. The trains, especially. Omg...flying all over the place. Looks great when you stand still, but I feel so silly once my leg moves and the thing starts bobbing all over. 😒

I agree!

I. Miss. Flexi.The mesh stuff is only good for particular poses, and some of us don't just want to be standing around posing all the live long day. :/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Don't even think about dancing in one.  Any mesh dress that has a hem below your kneecap looks really stupid on the dance floor.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

You can let people follow you without you following anyone else --- or vice versa

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I agree!

I. Miss. Flexi.The mesh stuff is only good for particular poses, and some of us don't just want to be standing around posing all the live long day. :/

Yeeees, as not great as flexi could be sometimes (ohhh the clipping so much clipping!), it did make for some gorgeous gowns. I'd give anything for proper fabric drape and movement, but I know that's probably impossible.

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Don't even think about dancing in one.  Any mesh dress that has a hem below your kneecap looks really stupid on the dance floor.

Oh man, yes! I've danced around at home in one before and big yikes. They're purely for photographing, it seems. 😔

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

So here's a random peeve we could probably all get behind (I may have mentioned it once or twelve times before, too). Mesh. Gowns. The trains, especially. Omg...flying all over the place. Looks great when you stand still, but I feel so silly once my leg moves and the thing starts bobbing all over.

OMG YES !!!!

Mesh gowns only look good in a pose.  They look stupid when you actually start moving - most of them anyway.  I do have one that does not do the stupid foot flip. Not sure how it was rigged, but apparently not to the foot.  I truly laugh when I see people dancing and walking in them.  Flexi is best for dancing and there are some creators that make some low CI flexi pieces for gowns.

• Like 4

Peeve: Failing everything.

Laptop keys not working again: 1, Q, A, z. (using cut & paste)

(I bought & used compressed air to blow out the keys.)

Router down after restarting & reconnecting my computer multiple times. (using my backup hot-spot)

Failing at life too. Stressed out & not dealing with stuff well.  😞 

(I missed you guys when I thought I couldn't type anything. )

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Sad 6

5 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve: Doing my best to become a member of a community (in good standing) only for it all to come crashing down. Apparently, I'm a sh*tty human being and make everyone around me miserable. I'm exactly the opposite of what I try to be. All I ever wanted was to be accepted somewhere and feel like I had some sort of family. I'm sorry.

May you all find happiness and good fortune.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I don't know you, but I've always enjoyed reading your posts. I hope you decide to stay.

I really don't know anyone on these forums. I'm shy and awkward and I get the impression most of the time people don't like me. That is an insecurity of mine, but I also realize all of us have our own insecurities. When I first joined the forums, I came with the idea I was going to try and make friends. That never happened, but I still enjoy reading and responding to some topics. I do this for me. No one else. That's why I remain.

I'm trying to say in a very awkward way that more people understand how you feel than you may realize. I hope if you enjoy taking part here, that you continue to do so. If you're happy not being here, then I understand too. I really hope you feel better soon Silent. Take care.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2