2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
15 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Everybody are wrong about grammars today.

I isn't!

As a graduate of Texas A&M University - a "Texas Aggie" - who make the equivalent of "Pollock Jokes" about themselves, one of my favorites is, "When I started at A&M, I couldn't even spell 'en-gihn-ear', and now I are one!"

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I isn't!

In middle school, one of the traditional "plebe" sayings we learned was (see final phrase for relevancy):

"How long have you been in the Navy?"

"All me bloomin' life, Sir!

I was born in the crest of a wave, and rocked in the cradle of the deep.

Me mother was a mermaid, and me father was King Neptune.

Seaweed and barnacles are me clothes.

And when I spits, I spits tar, Sir!

I'se hard, I is, I am, I are, Sir!"

Want another one? (Don't stop me.  I'm on a roll.) 

I've noticed a trend among those who read the news on the radio that had me puzzled at first.  Instead of saying something like, "The weather tomorrow will be cloudy,"  the reader will say, "The weather tomorrow:  cloudy".  The little linking verb is gone, replaced by a colon.  I thought at first that whoever was producing the script had told readers to save air time by cutting down on words, but that's silly.  On reflection, it seems more likely that it's part of a subtle ploy to make each new item sound like a headline. [Insert your favorite clip of Ted Baxter reading the news here].  I find it unnecessarily theatrical, and a bit distracting.

\end_yet_another_peeve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I've noticed a trend among those who read the news on the radio that had me puzzled at first.  Instead of saying something like, "The weather tomorrow will be cloudy,"  the reader will say, "The weather tomorrow:  cloudy".  The little linking verb is gone, replaced by a colon.  I thought at first that whoever was producing the script had told readers to save air time by cutting down on words, but that's silly.  On reflection, it seems more likely that it's part of a subtle ploy to make each new item sound like a headline. [Insert your favorite clip of Ted Baxter reading the news here].  I find it unnecessarily theatrical, and a bit distracting.

\end_yet_another_peeve

How do you "hear" the colon? Just a pause, or a funny sound as if Victor Borge was reading it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:
11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just a pause, or a funny sound as if Victor Borge was reading it?

How did you know?  😎

Well, usually if you hear someone's "colon" it may make something like a "BRAPPPPP!" sound.  But then I thought of Vic. 

Just kidding, I didn't think about people's "colon sounds" until now.

3 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

My home is still offline .. all the other regions around here and gone down and come up .. but not mine .. I have to sit here and stare into the void waiting for it to come back before I can do anything else, even things away from the computer that I really need to be doing.

And its back !! .. and has been rolled back. Again. 

Most confused.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

\end_yet_another_peeve

No one ever remembers... there's a Ted Baxter, Jr.

georgette%2526ted.JPG

georgette%2526baby.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet Peeve - it took longer than it should have to figure out the new Belleza Jake body.  (Bought today, I had an older model.)

The main issue was, I was wearing a "legacy skin".  Had to wear one of "their" skins, since there is no way to "take off" the skin!

Anyway, it seems sorted for now and I can start building an outfit.

All this just so I can wear my custom legacy tattoos.  Progress, however incremental, is still progress!

The point that I got lost on was related to this:  the "legacy skin" icon is different than the "modern skin" icon in Inventory.  Not knowing the difference, and that one replaced the other, caused confuse-a-cat. ("Wear this, not That!")

I'm not sure what a legacy skin is here. As far as I know Jake can be either BOM or use the skins in its HUD. There are free group gift skins that should match the ones in the HUD, but I don't think they do match exactly. I think there was still a line on the neck. I know very little about where to get good male skins, but Stay Dog seems to have nice ones that many people like. Evan had the free EvoX head skin from last December's advent gifts, so I got him a matching body skin and it looks great.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:
9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet Peeve - it took longer than it should have to figure out the new Belleza Jake body.  (Bought today, I had an older model.)

The main issue was, I was wearing a "legacy skin".  Had to wear one of "their" skins, since there is no way to "take off" the skin!

Anyway, it seems sorted for now and I can start building an outfit.

All this just so I can wear my custom legacy tattoos.  Progress, however incremental, is still progress!

The point that I got lost on was related to this:  the "legacy skin" icon is different than the "modern skin" icon in Inventory.  Not knowing the difference, and that one replaced the other, caused confuse-a-cat. ("Wear this, not That!")

Expand  

I'm not sure what a legacy skin is here. As far as I know Jake can be either BOM or use the skins in its HUD. There are free group gift skins that should match the ones in the HUD, but I don't think they do match exactly. I think there was still a line on the neck. I know very little about where to get good male skins, but Stay Dog seems to have nice ones that many people like. Evan had the free EvoX head skin from last December's advent gifts, so I got him a matching body skin and it looks great.

Someone else responded with confusion, I think it was @Rowan Amore.

The first icon is what I saw when I mentioned "legacy skin".  Ack! I see that I am still wearing it.

The second icon is what I saw in the "Belleza Jake" pack, I see now it says "Body Skin".  Adding one of these finally got my "legacy skin" to go away.

Let me know if that makes sense, or if y'all have any advice on it!

TYVMIA!

skin1.png

skin2.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
1 hour ago, cariboustag said:

Another one for today.

Necroposting! 

It's happening. Rise of the skeleton threads.

Sometimes, it's just an old forum member on a sparkly new account...🤔

Depending on which thread it is, aestheticism, or the lack thereof, never goes out of style!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Someone else responded with confusion, I think it was @Rowan Amore.

The first icon is what I saw when I mentioned "legacy skin".  Ack! I see that I am still wearing it.

The second icon is what I saw in the "Belleza Jake" pack, I see now it says "Body Skin".  Adding one of these finally got my "legacy skin" to go away.

Let me know if that makes sense, or if y'all have any advice on it!

TYVMIA!

skin1.png

skin2.png

There is no such thing as a "Legacy Skin" - the first is a skin, the second is a newer variant of a Tattoo. You cannot cease wearing the first as it is an integral part of the base avatar. The second is doing little more than acting as a full body 'mask' of sorts.

ETA: Screenshot_2022-06-28_18-28-21.png.8a48e8ec1a6dccd7432f45ce97d35def.png

In the snapshot fragment above (showing the entirety of my present appearance) you can see the following icon types (used in Firestorm but not much difference between Viewers): Tattoo, Physics, Universal Layer, Object/Attachment, Shape, Skin, Hair and Eyes.

Of these, the following must always be present and cannot be detached: Shape, Skin, Hair and Eyes.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I watch electronics / retro repair videos on YouTube.  I cringe when they pronounce "multimeter" as "multee-meeter" not "mul-tih-mihter".

vohm

• Like 1