31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmmm - I'm on hold for a company's customer service.  An automated voice keeps coming in to tell me how long the expected wait time is.   Each time it gives me a new estimate, it is longer than the previous one.

*sigh*

Oh my goodness,   it has become SO bad!   They say "short staffed" is the new epidemic, and you really feel it when you call Customer Service these days.    Add this to one of my biggest pet peeves - listening to the automated voice on hold.   Just play some decent music and stfu!    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cali Souther said:

Oh my goodness,   it has become SO bad!   They say "short staffed" is the new epidemic, and you really feel it when you call Customer Service these days.    Add this to one of my biggest pet peeves - listening to the automated voice on hold.   Just play some decent music and stfu!    

The Jeopardy Theme

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cali Souther said:

This one had one of the worst voice synthesizers that I have ever heard.  Half the time I couldn't even understand how many minutes it was saying.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

We have the new "call back" thingy here which despite raising my ire initially, is actually a pretty good way to do it
providing you have the time to wait and do other stuff ofc.

Another pet peeve - Missing the call back,   calling the number and starting the entire process over 😔

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Maryanne Solo said:

We have the new "call back" thingy here which despite raising my ire initially, is actually a pretty good way to do it
providing you have the time to wait and do other stuff ofc.

The generic computerized voice did give me that option, but I knew that I'd be leaving the house soon and figured it I selected it, they would call right after I left --- I was on the home phone and not my cell.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The generic computerized voice did give me that option, but I knew that I'd be leaving the house soon and figured it I selected it, they would call right after I left --- I was on the home phone and not my cell.

Some of them give you the option to provide a different number. When it asks you to confirm the number say it's wrong and you should be able to input a different number. It will ask to verify the new number to call back.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Some of them give you the option to provide a different number. When it asks you to confirm the number say it's wrong and you should be able to input a different number. It will ask to verify the new number to call back.

Good to know for possible future use of that option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

It is getting increasingly harder to take anything whatsoever certain members say at all seriously ...

Wait. We're supposed to take anything around here seriously? :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3