33 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I'm not sure if this is a peeve or a celebration, but I'm getting a snow day in April.  \o/

Hoping I don't lose power this time.

It woke me at 3 am and wouldn't let me go back to sleep until after 6am. I've been up since before 7. Wind kept throwing huge snowballs at the roof from the pine tree, sometimes with a very loud KA-THUMP on a tin roof!

To top that off, I have to go grocery shopping today and we've already had to remove the snow tires by law.

Studded Tire Facts

• You can use studded tires in Oregon from Nov. 1 to March 31.  Driving with studded tires before Nov. 1 or after March 31 is a Class C violation and carries a presumptive fine of nearly $200.

That needs to change now that we are getting some snow every April.

Peeve: Tired of being tired especially when my neighbors keep me awake.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I'm not sure if this is a peeve or a celebration, but I'm getting a snow day in April.  \o/

Hoping I don't lose power this time.

Being able to summon snow in April is indeed a power worth holding on to. Focus !!

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Docking station dying less than 3 months after getting the new work laptop -- and work not having any extra docking stations at this time.  I've now got cords going every which way on my desk to connect the laptop directly to both external monitors and the network.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Docking station dying less than 3 months after getting the new work laptop -- and work not having any extra docking stations at this time.  I've now got cords going every which way on my desk to connect the laptop directly to both external monitors and the network.

I feel this deep in my soul.

• Like 1

Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

now I'm really missing TNG style Star Trek, it really was a golden age (especially DS9 season 3 onwards .. Sisko best captain ever)

Picard's comatose scene in the latest episode (Spoiler!) was so well-acted, I could swear Sir Patrick Stewart was just napping.

• Like 1

Is there anything more irritating than seeing a notice that you've been mentioned in a topic that was closed by the mods, then re-opened by someone who just had to get their last word in and closed and deleted by the mods again before you have a chance to see what was said?

Edited by kali Wylder
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Is there anything more irritating than seeing a notice that you've been mentioned in a topic that was closed by the mods, then re-opened by someone who just had to get their last word in and closed and deleted by the mods again before you have a chance to see what was said?

You didn't miss out on anything. It wasn't reopened. The OP started a new thread after the first was closed. The second thread was deleted. There were about 20 or so of us that got tagged in the deleted one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You didn't miss out on anything. It wasn't reopened. The OP started a new thread after the first was closed. The second thread was deleted. There were about 20 or so of us that got tagged in the deleted one. 

Oh.  You mean I'm not special?  Hmmph!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Look at the bright side! Neither am I!

But..but everyone is special! Wait, that means..no one is.

7 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

So many violations were made, it was like a case study!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Major pet peeve: Telling someone they must've catched a narcissistic habit due to narcissistic abuse... over a goddamn forumspost. 

FFS. 

Edit: 
I feel an overwhelming need to explain myself, lol.
Thing is, you cannot really make assumptions about another persons upbringing over forumsposts, because you cannot tell how genuine they are. Traits and behaviours that are very common in narcisissts, or in victim of narcissists, can come from different sources as well. Throwing that around too lightly can have a negative impact. Also, I'm very anti diagnoses on the forums, lol. I do believe bad behaviour should be adressed, tho!

Edited by Sukubia Scarmon
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't mind paying taxes..

It's the whole, Doing taxes that I hate..

I'm not gonna have any hair left after today.

Hate,Hate,Hate Doing them.

At least we get some extra days this year.  Not due until Monday so I'll be finishing mine up the next couple of days.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

At least we get some extra days this year.  Not due until Monday so I'll be finishing mine up the next couple of days.

I have  ours and 4 others this year, which is cut down from previous years..

I've already told everyone that this is the last year I'm doing anyone else's taxes.. It's just too much..

Once people started to dabble into crypto, I said that's it for me.. Crypto is a big pain in the butt at tax time.

• Like 2