Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Abnor Mole

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Custom version of this, (its great as it is but when I learned more about linking items inside vehicles I made my own design),   https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1912-Wheeled-House/15690934 

I usually start at the rez zone area here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dimanche/189/113/23

Also love to start journeys from here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Red Hook/96/127/33 - preference on steam trains and again I like the Victorian areas as well as log and camper areas for travelling because I don't like sand that much and my brain hasn't extended to Chalets or further yet...

51223183687_25f0850e77_k.jpg

Edited by Chloe Bunny
formatting
  • Like 12

I can walk, run and fly.  I don't bother with vehicles.

Where do I like to go?  Hmm, I don't think I have developed any favorites.  I spent some time looking around a few of the community centers.  I watched trains for a while.  It's kinda funny when they pass through each other.

I would say it's all worth a look.  Nice scenery, better looking structures and infrastructure than around my mainland home.  Much less "weirdness" in the sky, too.

I'd maybe try a small open-air road vehicle if I wasn't satisfied with walking and flying.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don't really have any favorite places.  I have a list of rez-zones from one of the Bellisseria groups (reminds me that I need to pull a new list) and I tend to just randomly pick one and go.

I "attempt" to navigate the roads with various wheeled vehicles, but I suck at driving in SL -- can't steer worth a darn.  Maybe it has something to do with the things that I try to drive.

image.png.35442db08e23b2780ded07a983222353.png

image.thumb.png.bc950e3c9ee1efcc560a360717320b7b.png

image.png.ad15c4e54eab9c56e97b1a2b94f471f4.png

I tried flying once.  While I was worse at steering, more things in the air are phantom, so flying into them didn't cause the same problems as driving a wheeled vehicle into something on the ground.

image.png.63dc77759ca4103e415e0f217d6374a9.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

I also love balloon travel as there is altogether less steering involved!  Thanks to Quartz Mole, these rezzers will rez a balloon for you to board and will delete the balloon if you fall out during your ride so our skies will not be littered with balloons.  Once you board, you will have a choice of animated poses and can say "start" to begin your ride, using your directional and up/down keys to control your ride.  I put these two balloon rezzers are in the Newbrooke regions at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Judge Knott/249/151/22  and in the Sakura regions at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aoi Hanabatake/29/118/21

Kazza_002.thumb.jpg.cae573607936d6eaa2d2df920be5e8b8.jpg

Kazza_001.thumb.jpg.cf7ece0ae1ba9996650585e6b500ad46.jpg

Kazza_003.thumb.jpg.c2718b8548d8bb5ef62c963fb3ec244b.jpg

• Like 10

Quite often I'll just use old fashioned flying, but when I feel like a vehicle I love wearables, because I don't need to hunt out a rez zone, or worry about it de-rrezing mid travel for some reason like region crossings. My favourites are a little helicopter, a bike (really cheap on the marketplace but is so useful), and for water a canoe. I have a few other vehicles but these are usually my go-to's.

canoe_001.jpg

Bycicle_001.jpg

Helicopter_001.jpg

• Like 13

53 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Quite often I'll just use old fashioned flying, but when I feel like a vehicle I love wearables, because I don't need to hunt out a rez zone, or worry about it de-rrezing mid travel for some reason like region crossings. My favourites are a little helicopter, a bike (really cheap on the marketplace but is so useful), and for water a canoe. I have a few other vehicles but these are usually my go-to's.

canoe_001.jpg

Bycicle_001.jpg

Helicopter_001.jpg

I like wearables too - that way you don’t have to worry about rezzing anything. 

• Like 5

I also prefer vehicles that attach rather than ones that need to be rezzed. I like riding a horse (if I can include that as a vehicle) through Belli, especially over the mountains and along the coasts. In the fantasy area I prefer a unicorn. If not on horseback, I often use a bicycle when exploring neighborhoods. A canoe, floating log, or a duck pool floatie are my favorites on the water. 

• Like 6

I use either vehicles from rezzers on my own parcel or wearable vehicles.  I can usually keep control of them.  My start area is usually my own land.  I have used the boat rezzers at the Fantasseria Community center and balloon rezzers in the chalet regions.

Horses is Fantasseria.  Bikes in the  Newbrooke, Trad, and Vic areas. Kayaks and jetskis in stilt and houseboats regions. 

I've never explored the stilt regions on land in a vehicle.  

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 6

A floatie ring is the best way to travel!

On land, the traditionals have decent roads, though newbrooke looks like a place to try when I have driving time. Mostly I wander around looking for cars to steal (no photos of that, you can't prove anything) but sometimes I use one I actually own. I was planning to drive my pumpkin car around this Hallowe'en, as I didn't get around to it last year.

The camper area around Campwich Forest is nice for horses/rideables. Lots of trails and nice scenery. I need a better flying thing for fantasy, as I just fly the usual way at the moment.

I've used a train and jumped on other people's trains before.

slpoltube.jpg.07847dd6fbfe6b0058c55ddeb439d74c.jpg

• Like 11

Well the Mudskipper ATV works well on roads and rivers... I love to take it around the trads and houseboats areas can easily swap between land and water, inclines are no problem.

mudskipper_001.thumb.jpg.1fdc50b53d3698ec3d124ef322c915b8.jpg

On water I love the rivers around the Trads area and often start at Campwich because it is a short walk from a trailer I have. Ideal for a bandit 170 for motoring...

mudskipper_002.thumb.jpg.589767e47392b936667e3f82162b7500.jpg

Or a Bandit If for sailing....

mudskipper_004.thumb.jpg.77b462e1313a3957656d6b41fbf730ed.jpg

• Like 7

On 9/10/2022 at 12:11 AM, Aethelwine said:

Well the Mudskipper ATV works well on roads and rivers... I love to take it around the trads and houseboats areas can easily swap between land and water, inclines are no problem.

mudskipper_001.thumb.jpg.1fdc50b53d3698ec3d124ef322c915b8.jpg

On water I love the rivers around the Trads area and often start at Campwich because it is a short walk from a trailer I have. Ideal for a bandit 170 for motoring...

mudskipper_002.thumb.jpg.589767e47392b936667e3f82162b7500.jpg

Or a Bandit If for sailing....

mudskipper_004.thumb.jpg.77b462e1313a3957656d6b41fbf730ed.jpg

I really want that Mudskipper...think that's my next vehicle :)

Edited by Madonna666
  • Like 3

I like to auto cruise in my Bandit Cadet or Jetski because they are fast and safe due to low LI. I prefer to cruise slowly in channels or narrower water so I can watch the houses and landscape and not have to press my keyboard constantly, just some stearing. My next adventure will start here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hydrant/204/177/23 and i will try to go north. If i dont go by boat I prefer my Teegle which can autorun too  ^^ 

ponyride1_001

boat_003.png

• Like 11

I have travelled Bellisseria many ways - balloons, planes, automobiles... I lack the coordination skills to navigate at high speeds,  though, so I often choose to walk, or use a 'wearable'

vehicle like rollerskates, a horse,  a canoe, or a bicycle.  I don't cover much territory that way, but I also don't end up landing in a ditch as often...

The trains in Bellisseria are also excellent for seeing the different landscapes, although they don't go everywhere.

This was shot in Grover, wearing an LDPW bicycle.

I haven't been in Second Life much recently, but on Mainland I love to try the different pod tours, and wish we had something like that for Bellisseria.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Grover/111/144/52

biking in second lifeScreen Shot 2022-09-10 at 11.30.32 AM.jpg

• Like 9

I still think that walking around and/or flying are the best ways to explore. 

When not walking I tend to wear attachs like my horse, a bicycle  and a paddle  (this last one is really good to the small watercourses and I'm in love with some of the chalets areas). In open water I usually go boating around and it is something I love to do.

Another great and fun way  is travel by train.

CH_003.png.16d53fc96c629c3c67f6c1828ad317bd.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.