Totally flummoxed by the new Arcade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Joined the group, read the instruction page on their website, got the HUD, wearing it, standing by a machine and poking the "Pair" button and just...  nothing...  I am not generally a dense person and I think I see how this is supposed to work but cannot get it to work.  Anybody have an insight here?  TIA!!

How to Play | (thearcadesl.com)

The bottom item is what you pay for. If you don't want it, the items change at midnight SLT. If you buy the bottom item, the next fall down. 

I use my alts if I don't want the bottom item. Every alt get their own HUD, and different items to buy. I let them buy it, and send it to me. I get rares pretty quick, because I have 6 of us.

arcade.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I'm glad I never got into those concepts.  Still gambling.

Of course it's gambling. The bottom numbers are randomized. Just because you can see what number you're buying doesn't mean jack. Random is random and random is gambling.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Interesting, this time it worked immediately and I had no problems.  Both times I was in Firestorm.  Below are the only differences I can identify so far:

1.  Did not work:  gaming laptop with Win 11

2.  Did work:  big rig with Win 10

It probably had more to do with the amount of people there than anything else.  Lag lag lag

• Like 2

Gambling, by definition, has a risk involved.  There is no risk if you KNOW what you are paying for.  These games are now basically a vendor that simply shows one item at a time for you to buy or NOT BUY.   But then, you all know that already, huh?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Gambling, by definition, has a risk involved.  There is no risk if you KNOW what you are paying for.  These games are now basically a vendor that simply shows one item at a time for you to buy or NOT BUY.   But then, you all know that already, huh?

So, is QVC for SL?

51 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Hated gotchas.

Agree, this one looks stupid, although my word would be "annoying." But... since a huge number of people disagree and bemoaned the loss of gotchas etc... Enjoy! I'm one less person lagging up the joint there. :)

I was never a fan of gachas either.  Paying for the unknown just makes no sense and not something I'd do in RL either.  At least now, you can see what it is you're buying or not buying.  They progress at their own pace, I believe although some might only progress after the one showing is purchased.  I think the Arcade uses the former.  Come back tomorrow and see what's showing.

It's pretty much like a vendor that scroll through products until the one you want shows except in this case, the vendor progresses the product and not you.

I've actually purchased from one or two when something I wanted was showing.  Not gonna stand around and wait, though.

• Like 2

It is a few good rares this month. Fatpacks with textures for all commons + more. Skins with all possible brow colors and makeups. Maybe I go there when the crowds start to thin out.

I have spent money in The Arcade once with the new system. I used my alts and we picked up all I wanted, no annoying doubles.

It's a good thing this post isn't about whether we all agree with gambling or whether we like the new system.

@Leora Greenwood I tried the HUD thing during the last round and it worked fine, but I went and tried it at the end when there were 4 other avatars in the region.  I bet if you go back at a quieter time, it will all work as expected.   Good luck!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Youre taking a risk by hoping the randomized number you want shows up at the bottom. Nobody was forced to play gachas either. You're not taking a risk when you buy the product you actually want.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TimKoul said:

You're not taking a risk when you buy the product you actually want.

Which is exactly what the new machines do.  There is no risk because you buy only what you want and not something you don't.

If you CHOOSE, to buy things you don't want, well...that's kinda unwise in any situation, wouldn't ya say?

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Which is exactly what the new machines do.  There is no risk because you buy only what you want and not something you don't.

If you CHOOSE, to buy things you don't want, well...that's kinda unwise in any situation, wouldn't ya say?

I don't think you understand how these machines work. 

Ball 16 has the item you want but Ball 16 is not visible so now you can either take a RISK and play and hope Ball 16 appears or walk away. So what do you think happens when you decide to pay to play the machine and Ball 16 doesn't appear? Now you have an item you don't want and you can choose to play again for another chance at the item you want.

Thats how gachas work.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.