Is Lara "done"?

angelikiinha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I stick with Lara because I like a more slender shape and  the newer mesh bodies area all about being curvy. Which is fine , just not my thing.  I did play around with the Reborn body but it's just not for me. No matter what I did with the demo I couldn't get a shape I liked or felt like me.  Although my favorite body is Belleza Isis, which has very little support and so I rarely wear it. I like that it's not as curvy as Freya but has some thickness to it.

The legacy body isn't my favorite. I have it and I've played around with it but .. I just don't .. I dunno there's something about it that just doesn't feel right. And I hate the HUD.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Can you make an alpha for that part of the body that gets autohide? Or will that even work I wonder.. I mean it's getting alpha'd out so I would think that would work really..

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I do use the Maitreya Petite add-on a lot. It's pretty well-supported, and it looks generally pretty good (although a bit perkier than I'd prefer), but it's a pain in the . . . well, not the butt exactly, to load when it's part of an outfit, because it frequently loads before the main body, which means it doesn't auto-hide the larger breasts. So, you end up detaching and re-attaching it.

I wish there were a way to turn off auto-hide, as there used to be in the old Slink bodies.

Ok I've been messing with trying to get this to work and you can't do it with alpha layers because the addon goes alpha as well.. The only way I got it to where the front part of the body would stay alpha during the rez is, make a copy of the body and the addon..

put them in a different folder to not get things mixed up.. then get the body the way you want it for that certain outfit folder.. Feet position and materials and any parts you want to be alpha already, alpha them..

Then with the addon  on go to the main body hud  in the Misc section of the hud.. click delete scripts.. When the drop down comes down choose body from that menu..  MAKE SURE your body is set the way you want it for this outfit folder..

Then click the body button on the drop down then slick YES to confirm it..

once that's done that body will be alpha'd  in the front where the addon sits..

you can still do some stuff in the hud, hand animations will still work.. but you won't be able to alpha out anything else ..materials options won't be able to be adjusted anymore and things  like that..

If you do  do it this way. just make two folders for doing this.. one for the bodies you are editing and one to draw copies from..that way you aren't running around your inventory to different folders getting new copies.

So each time you made a new outfit folder  you would need a new body if anything needed alpha'd that wasn't already alpha'd on the one you just made..

I don't know if it would be worth it or not, but that's about the only way i found to do it.. I'm sure someone probably has a much better idea, but this is all I could come up with LOL

I have it on a notecard if you want me to send it to you in world also.. I just need to tidy it up some first..   lol it's crazy I know.. But I never messed with this addon until today..

ok I'm out of breath now.. lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ok I've been messing with trying to get this to work and you can't do it with alpha layers because the addon goes alpha as well.. The only way I got it to where the front part of the body would stay alpha during the rez is, make a copy of the body and the addon..

put them in a different folder to not get things mixed up.. then get the body the way you want it for that certain outfit folder.. Feet position and materials and any parts you want to be alpha already, alpha them..

Then with the addon  on go to the main body hud  in the Misc section of the hud.. click delete scripts.. When the drop down comes down choose body from that menu..  MAKE SURE your body is set the way you want it for this outfit folder..

Then click the body button on the drop down then slick YES to confirm it..

once that's done that body will be alpha'd  in the front where the addon sits..

you can still do some stuff in the hud, hand animations will still work.. but you won't be able to alpha out anything else ..materials options won't be able to be adjusted anymore and things  like that..

If you do  do it this way. just make two folders for doing this.. one for the bodies you are editing and one to draw copies from..that way you aren't running around your inventory to different folders getting new copies.

So each time you made a new outfit folder  you would need a new body if anything needed alpha'd that wasn't already alpha'd on the one you just made..

I don't know if it would be worth it or not, but that's about the only way i found to do it.. I'm sure someone probably has a much better idea, but this is all I could come up with LOL

I have it on a notecard if you want me to send it to you in world also.. I just need to tidy it up some first..   lol it's crazy I know.. But I never messed with this addon until today..

ok I'm out of breath now.. lol

It never occurred to me to delete scripts! I already use separate body copies for each outfit (a holdover from pre-BOM days), so this would actually be pretty easy to do!

Thanks Ceka! ❤️

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It never occurred to me to delete scripts! I already use separate body copies for each outfit (a holdover from pre-BOM days), so this would actually be pretty easy to do!

Thanks Ceka! ❤️

You are Welcome:)

I sent a note card anyways.. I don't know how useful it will be.. I never really used this addon until today..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

4 hours ago, MillyWH said:

I stick with Lara because I like a more slender shape and  the newer mesh bodies area all about being curvy. Which is fine , just not my thing.  I did play around with the Reborn body but it's just not for me. No matter what I did with the demo I couldn't get a shape I liked or felt like me.  Although my favorite body is Belleza Isis, which has very little support and so I rarely wear it. I like that it's not as curvy as Freya but has some thickness to it.

The legacy body isn't my favorite. I have it and I've played around with it but .. I just don't .. I dunno there's something about it that just doesn't feel right. And I hate the HUD.

I love the Isis shape too, but it has so little clothing made for it that I had to buy Freya and then modify my shape to make it a bit less full-figured. It suits me fine to have it curvy, but I had to reduce the breast to 40 so it wouldn't look too busty.

Belleza Freya body, Lelutka River head.

1417047741_Persephone-FreyaRiverhead_002.thumb.jpg.b142a3882f4caf5322c5611aec3bd196.jpg519544595_Persephone-FreyaRiverhead_001.thumb.jpg.94815c5dc4d8e70a247f5e3f3d312500.jpg

• Like 3

I'm absolutely certain Lara is on its way out. Belleza too. They are still in use but less and less is being made for it, new stuff is often exclusive to the Kupra, legacy or Ebody, and it feels very similar to where Slink was when I desperately clung to it. Yes, it was common. Yes it was everywhere. No, it was not doing well.

A good example of why the raw 'avatar' numbers shouldn't say much about the health of a body is to eye how, combining all the various kemono-versions/mods, there's more kemono than Legacy. Kemono however has been abandoned for about two years by almost everyone, and even the former dedicated Kemono brands have swapped to other bodies. Lara's not that far yet, but just looking around any sim I'm in, I can count bodies. In two years Snaggletooth, kemono, slink and belleza have almost disappeared with only a few Freyas holding on. Maitreya has gone from super-dominant at almost 90% of the population to, I'm reasonably sure less than half. Mostly I'm seeing it on boys using it for femme mods.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

On 8/31/2022 at 1:04 PM, Modulated said:

I believe Lara is rigged directly to the mapping of the default SL avatar , this is probably why the distortions carry over.

Maitreya if I remember right was a non-second life body purchased and rigged onto the SL body, yeah. It's why it has so many jank proportions. (The weird sharp hips, the odd squarish breasts, the notorious shoulders, the weird back angle, etc) As it wasn't made or designed for Second Life in the first place, it was designed for a more complex skeleton with proper physics. There's a lot of oddities with Maitreya, TBH I have almost no love of the body myself. But I really doubt it'll just outright die, as people have said, so much is made for it. That may actually be a weakness though.

It can get hard to find stuff that isn't ancient and outdated clothing wise at times.

Edited by WereScrib
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

This is scaring me, omg! I like my Maitreya body, it lets me be a lil closer to my chubby irl self. Is there a body I should be saving up for instead? I'd like to be able to be on the thicker and chubbier side, and I'd appreciate a variety of clothes, especially of the kawaii and alternative varieties. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Nekomimis said:

This is scaring me, omg! I like my Maitreya body, it lets me be a lil closer to my chubby irl self. Is there a body I should be saving up for instead? I'd like to be able to be on the thicker and chubbier side, and I'd appreciate a variety of clothes, especially of the kawaii and alternative varieties. 

Answered you in your own thread.

Just wanted to say - Nothing to panic over. Seriously, I shop sales every single week/weekend and spend way too much time and money creating brand new looks on my Lara. New clothing, products, and mods are all over the place. It's fine!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Nekomimis said:

Lara is not dying. It is just that when new things come out, people get all in a tizzy over it. I'd say chill.. if you want a chubby option, try Reborn. I use those two mainly, alternating as my mood goes. Lots for Reborn in the sokawaiisunday sales and weekend sales, and lots of Maitreya and Legacy. The body I don't see much for these days is Slink. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WereScrib said:

It can get hard to find stuff that isn't ancient and outdated clothing wise at times.

I have seen a little bit of a wane in support for Maitreya, some places only do Lagacy while it might not be the good old days when there was so much exclusive rigging it's abundant enough i can be picky with the weekend sales and what i buy

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Nekomimis said:

Maitreya Lara will be around as long as SL will be. Neither will last forever, but will be going strong for a few more years. SL will probably make it to a 25th birthday celebration at least.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Maitreya Lara will be around as long as SL will be. Neither will last forever, but will be going strong for a few more years. SL will probably make it to a 25th birthday celebration at least.

I agree, it will be a totally unusual body to take its place. A marketing genius behind it, and paid creators to have lots of content for it, ready at the release.

And many people will let go of all the Maitreya clothes, shoes and accessories we have? No way, it will be in top 3 even if/when SL ends. New bodies pick up some interest, because they are new. 

I have said that Maitreya should have made their own thicc body years ago. It is already so many of them, entering a new thicc body will be hard. 

Maitreya should come with a new, better rigged Lara. I believe it would be the same as Lelutka heads. The new UI took off like a rocket when it was added out for free to those that already had a head. It could be 2 Lara versions in the folder, old rigging and new rigging.

I do not see all the problems people claim the body has. Well, the shoulders are not perfect, but I can live well with a deformer that brings them a little down. But new rigging would satisfy all the unhappy people. And who knows? If I saw a new rigged Lara, I may love it even more than classic Lara.

Maitreya had a Black Friday sale, or was it a Christmas sale last year? My alt got it instead of the free Meshbody. Life is so much easier with a Maitreya.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, WereScrib said:

I'm absolutely certain Lara is on its way out. Belleza too. They are still in use but less and less is being made for it, new stuff is often exclusive to the Kupra, legacy or Ebody, and it feels very similar to where Slink was when I desperately clung to it. Yes, it was common. Yes it was everywhere. No, it was not doing well.

A good example of why the raw 'avatar' numbers shouldn't say much about the health of a body is to eye how, combining all the various kemono-versions/mods, there's more kemono than Legacy. Kemono however has been abandoned for about two years by almost everyone, and even the former dedicated Kemono brands have swapped to other bodies. Lara's not that far yet, but just looking around any sim I'm in, I can count bodies. In two years Snaggletooth, kemono, slink and belleza have almost disappeared with only a few Freyas holding on. Maitreya has gone from super-dominant at almost 90% of the population to, I'm reasonably sure less than half. Mostly I'm seeing it on boys using it for femme mods.

I was really curious about how many new items are being released that exclude Maiterya. I haven't been in SL in awhile but I popped in and checked out some events  and this is my totally non scientific finding.

These don't include a count items that are just for  mods like Maze thighs

Level-- 4 vendors had nothing for Maitreya, one had a dress for "perky" only , I think that is legacy perky , one for reborn only .

Fameshed- everything was available for Maitreya. Some releases were only for Maiterya /Legacy

Planet 29 had 3  releases that weren't available for Maiterya.

Big Girl event - 8 vendors without Maitreya.

The Reborn event -- there were about 12 vendors that had nothing for Maitreya

And then I got bored and didn't go check any thing else out. But  overwhelmingly there were clothes available for Maitreya. I also found plenty of options for Petite Maiterya add on and some for flat chest.

• Like 5

To pick up on the above, I just hopped over to the Cyber Fair, which started today, and took a quick peek around.

Maitreya everywhere - in almost every vendor. Legacy almost everywhere. Reborn third. Kupra included in some vendors. The occasional Freya. Clothing to support Petite/Perky/Juicy versions of bodies were also present.

One or two Legacy only vendors. Only one Legacy/Reborn only vendor that I saw.

The two cyber leg mods, as I expected - Maitreya & Legacy. I saw one bodysuit + leg & arm mod that included Reborn.

Short version - Maitreya everywhere.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I love the Isis shape too, but it has so little clothing made for it that I had to buy Freya and then modify my shape to make it a bit less full-figured. It suits me fine to have it curvy, but I had to reduce the breast to 40 so it wouldn't look too busty.

Belleza Freya body, Lelutka River head.

1417047741_Persephone-FreyaRiverhead_002.thumb.jpg.b142a3882f4caf5322c5611aec3bd196.jpg519544595_Persephone-FreyaRiverhead_001.thumb.jpg.94815c5dc4d8e70a247f5e3f3d312500.jpg

I can't get the breasts reduced enough with Freya without them looking weird and deformed.

This is the shape I've been wearing a lot . It's on Maitreya

The breast size  is 32 but having that size on Freya is just way way too big.

goth beach_014 (2).png

goth beach_015 (2).png

• Like 3

I don't want to ruin Maitreya for anyone, but one thing that has always bugged me is that the thighs are a slightly odd shape. Especially at the tops and the inner thigh which has a bulge midway that makes the profile look a little off. 

Its only really noticeable in some poses and when your....well. You know...... ^_^

That said, its still my go-to body.

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Huh?  Are you talking about Maitreya sizes?  Where do you shop?  

No doubt.. hehehe I hit the events almost daily and  it's rare that maitreya is not in something.. It's as strong as it ever was in new products..

The only reason I would think someone might not be seeing it in with those other three is if it's more specific to the bigger bodies..

Someone not seeing Maitreya in new stuff isn't looking too hard.

• Like 3

I was considering buying Legacy perky, because I like the softness of the shape. But after you mention the deformers for Maitreya, surely I'll check them on. I use deformer for the arms, also bought physics. But I totally forgot to check out for other deformers. I really like my Maitreya, I spend too much to drop it. I was thinking how much I will spend on a new body. More than 10000, may be 20000 to get everything I have for Maitreya. So thank you all for reminding me to check on deformers. 

I see lots of bloggers using Legacy and Reborn. And the last sales got me surprised - I bought 2 outfits without demo them and they had no Maitreya sizes. Which was a total disappointment. I was absolutely sure they have the size because I bought from them. Anyways, no matter what, Maitreya will be around long enough and there's no need to worry. 

• Like 1

Apparently there is a lot of confusion regarding my comment here. Allow me to explain for the blind and ignorant. Maitreya users tend to have a stuck up attitude towards others who don't wear their preferred body. It's noticable in this thread and even moreso inworld. 

You're the ones with the body with the most clothes and the first to complain when your fav clothing creator does an exclusive for another body.

You talk crap about the kupra butt (even though you're not wrong) and other body proportions while running around with football shoulders, no hips, and shrunken heads thinking you actually look good. I literally see this everywhere in-world.

You are the largest body group who have not updated to BoM, but buy a BoM product thinking its an applier and yell at the creator for it.

I don't care if you like the body. The body itself isn't the problem. It has its own flaws. The problem is people think and act like it's the only body and should be the only body. 

Edited by TimKoul
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.