2 other users is also here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I just unhid myself, for whatever impact that might have, from realizing that the content of my posts says a lot more about me then the when and where I might post it. What does privacy even mean when one divulges the most important facets of oneself on a board that anyone can read?

We choose what to reveal in our posts.

• Thanks 3

I don't like it. I don't want other people to know what I'm reading or what pictures I'm looking at.

I don't want to see who else is watching a thread or how long it takes them to respond.

I especially don't want to know when someone I've blocked (only one of you so far) is reading or responding to something I've posted.

Btw, my picture is blacked out in protest - symbolic invisibility. I'm doing this to signal my view on the matter, not that feeling are somehow hurt by this stupidity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I don't like it. I don't want other people to know what I'm reading or what pictures I'm looking at.

I don't want to see who else is watching a thread or how long it takes them to respond.

I especially don't want to know when someone I've blocked (only one of you so far) is reading or responding to something I've posted.

Btw, my picture is blacked out in protest - symbolic invisibility. I'm doing this to signal my view on the matter, not that feeling are somehow hurt by this stupidity.

In your forum profile under privacy, you can hide your online status in the forums.

My forum avatar is invisible, but only in dark theme. hehehe

In regular theme, I stick out like a sore thumb.:$

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

In your forum profile under privacy, you can hide your online status in the forums.

I think I did hide my online status already, but then I wouldn't know if that feature were actually working, would I?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Now I have to go look!

ETA...are you and Persephone sisters?

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We don't all have the self-control, presence of mind, or drive to choose consciously. Some of the more umm...challenged members are refreshing in that respect.

You probably already know this but loneliness comes not from a lack of people in one's life but from a lack of people who really know the inner you. Hiding oneself only hurts oneself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think I did hide my online status already, but then I wouldn't know if that feature were actually working, would I?

I just tried it by loging in an alt and putting this one in some thread where nobody was at..

Then went to that thread and all I seen was  1 other user is in here.. no names or anything.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

*while waiting... mows the lawn, rakes the clippings, disposes of clippings properly, checks in, weeds the flower beds, checks in, starts another load of laundry, washes the dishes, checks in...

🤐

Should include some prediction of the ETA ;)

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.