meshbody /head survey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm not sure how long you have been doing this, but i do appreciate that you do this..

That sounds like way too much work to me.. Is it worth doing it?

It was just something I had noticed. I didn't want to create a whole bunch of work for you.. I'm sorry :(

It might be work to those who don't script all day like me, heh.

I just have to create a protocol to route data to an additional new stats tracker while a it is also compiling and splitting data then flip the switch to route only to that new tracker when it's done and data looks good.

It just takes awhile to compile.

I'll look into it sometime this week or next when I'm not juggling too many other things.

I probably should have done it long ago anyway.

I've needed to do the reverse (consolidate data) for a few Akeruka brand numbered heads, too, ones that I split between, for example, "#01" and "01" without realizing they were the same head, just a change in the creator's naming contingency.

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

For a body with the hype train of reborn to only over take the long defunked meshbody classic (etc) if given yet another 6 months .. that trend is worthless.

Certainly not 🚀🚀🚀🌙

Despite what Reborn passes on its way up the ladder, the current trend numbers show that uptake is better than all but the top body.

The same thing happened with Kupra, which had an even larger uptake in a shorter period of time, but seems to have plateaued already.

It's anyone's guess if/when Reborn will plateau.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand why Reborne which is a much less niche body couldn't climb up so fast, if Kupra being more of a niche body, did it close to the same amount of time ..

Kupra was only released around Nov 2020, so it's only coming up on  it's 2 year mark and Reborne coming close to it's 1 year mark is climbing still..

Why wouldn't the same thing happen with Reborne that happened with Kupra?

1 hour ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

I predict kupra, reborn, legacy and maitreya will all be going strong in 6 months UNLESS we get some amazing new body ...  @Rowan Amorethat wasn't a very nice comment.

I suppose I should have quoted the post I was referring to...it wasn't @Lucia Nightfire

9 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Except the Lab intends to stop supporting non-ALM rendering Real Soon Now, supposedly based on performance data showing the difference is negligible even on low end devices. (I don't know if this is only with the new, sped-up rendering or in general.) Of course, that doesn't mean PBR will be fast for those machines, with all those bitmaps to munge.

But once they can't avoid seeing basic ALM materials, I think they'll crave PBR because it will just look incomparably better. I'm not sure if we're still chasing down the uncanny valley or up the other side yet, but the realism march is inexorable. 

And that's one way my comparison with BOM was kinda lame—sorry 'bout that. BOM had mostly performance and convenience benefits, but barely affected appearance (except by preventing alpha-sorting problems on the old onionskin layers, I guess, which seems a dim memory now, right?). On top of that, I may have confused by talking about Mod perm mesh and then mentioning Belleza's jerry-rigged BOM, which had nothing to do with Belleza being Mod perm—that came later—but rather simply being able to slap system BOM textures in a roll-your-own Omega applier.

LL implementing something not many people care about.

16 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was looking at the recent list for heads and Genus strong is leading in the rankings..

I think the bots are counting Strong 001, Strong 002 and Strong Gift as one head.. Because there are no other genus strong on that list.. It just say's genus Strong.

The next head down which is Baby which is really popular  is only doing like  mid 7k's where Strong is like 28k+

Houston, I think we have a problem.. hehehe

Considering I have a Genus Classic head, I find this interesting because I have to struggle to find offerings for it any more. Once they had their lawsuit issues, things dried up. All of the skins, make up, etc. at any sales events I've been to? Its all Evox.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

Probably because many of us were waiting for a body like Reborn, but we got Kupra instead. By the time Reborn came out, we had found ways to make Kupra work (or fallen in love with it) so the Ebody wasn't as enticing.

That's what I'm figuring is going on, it was a settle for body they that was there , but still not the one wanted.. It's been something that many SL users have been wanting  even way back in the system only bodies days, with the gaping crotches because of hips and butt pushing the sliders limits.

Still bothers me that there wasn't as much drawn to the Erika body, but then again, there is that lack of all around good content.. it's found itself niched in as a more, How much can I not wear and still be wearing something , body.. hehehe

I really wish it would have had the same impact.. to me it just felt more natural proportioned when bringing the sliders up  to full figured.. But that's just my perspective on that body.. Others may see the same with the reborne as well.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Considering I have a Genus Classic head, I find this interesting because I have to struggle to find offerings for it any more. Once they had their lawsuit issues, things dried up. All of the skins, make up, etc. at any sales events I've been to? Its all Evox.

The free heads will.probably always stay near the top of the list. Lilly and Strong being the most recent.   I AM surprised that other Genus heads are still up.there but then so is Catya which is old as heck.  Some people just never upgrade, it seems.  Also why the mesh body classic TMP will forever be near the top.  Free is key.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

There is still things being made for them, just it's really slowing down.. They haven't updated since like before the pandemic I think.. Maybe Bom was the last time they did anything.

They came back and had a boost after the lawsuit but they didn't really last too long...But ya, they haven't done anything and gonna lag themselves right out of the market like Belleza is doing.. In the group people have been asking about updates for like a year and a half.. all I hear is , it's being worked on..

They aren't doing as good as is being shown is all I was saying..

I mean if they split the head numbers up on those heads on the list, it's a really really good chance they are gonna drop down the list..  The only reason I say that is, because, Genus has 9 different mesh heads and only 4 showing up on the list.. they have 2 babyface, 2 strange, 2 classic, and 3 stronge. Each one is showing up as one head each instead of two and three different heads on the list.

in other words, if you went to the list to see how your version was doing.. you would be looking for Classic 001 or classic 002.. instead both are being shows as classic and the number for each are combined in the one..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't understand why Reborne which is a much less niche body couldn't climb up so fast, if Kupra being more of a niche body, did it close to the same amount of time ..

Reborn is a nice body made to a high technical standard, but it can be a royal pig to get into shape. There is also no getting away from the butt. It depends on stacking deformers out of the box (which gobbles attachment points) and some of the more blogger trendy shapes are so pushed, getting dressed becomes difficult because clothing folds in on itself (unless you only want to pose for a picture).

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Kupra was only released around Nov 2020, so it's only coming up on  it's 2 year mark and Reborne coming close to it's 1 year mark is climbing still..

Why wouldn't the same thing happen with Reborne that happened with Kupra?

There is no correlation between how Kupra performed and how reborn is, the marketing and hype campaigns are also very different .. reborn's feels manufactured.

Waiting another year and expecting nothing to change is not realistic, that's an age in SL fashion terms. There will be other bodies and trends, not to mention LL's NUX avatar which if its even half way good will cause massive amounts of upset.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Reborn is a nice body made to a high technical standard, but it can be a royal pig to get into shape. There is also no getting away from the butt. It depends on stacking deformers out of the box (which gobbles attachment points) and some of the more blogger trendy shapes are so pushed, getting dressed becomes difficult because clothing folds in on itself (unless you only want to pose for a picture).

There is no correlation between how Kupra performed and how reborn is, the marketing and hype campaigns are also very different .. reborn's feels manufactured.

Waiting another year and expecting nothing to change is not realistic, that's an age in SL fashion terms. There will be other bodies and trends, not to mention LL's NUX avatar which if its even half way good will cause massive amounts of upset.

I have to admit and  probably to the point that everyone is getting tired of me saying it.. But I was more an Erika fan and so disappointed that it didn't go farther than it has with support.. I just can't find much for it unless I'm looking to catch a cold.. hehehe

Reborne, that butt was the first thing I noticed about that body when I demoed it the first time.. I hate wearing deformers and that was the cure for what we noticed with the body rather than an update that handled the issue.. it's a big reason I'm back on my Maitreya more than on it.. It's doing so well now, that we can probably kiss that being fixed ever..

As far as Kupra and Reborne, The only reason i relate the two is because of the area they both sit in the market..One is drawing some from the other. Reborne is pulling from the kupra market. I doubt kupra is drawing from Reborne as much, since those with a kupra  more than likely didn't jump from reborne to a kupra the past year.

It being shown as a bigger body kind of puts them together in the market. They will probably level off and be right with each other on that list when it's all said and done.. Unless like you say, another body comes along that slides in there to compete with both of them..

Ya, Reborne had a way better campaign, but if it's not what people want, it doesn't matter how good the campaign is.

Myself,I totally see a relation between the two and why they both moved up so fast in their climbs..

I wasn't referring to next year, but what's already happened and happening now.. A year from now could be a whole other ball game.  I was being realistic because it was past and present that i was referring to.

Also, I can't wait for the Nux body to come out.. I hope it gets jumped on by creators, mainly because it's what SL needs at the start gate..

I also can't wait to see it, just to see what I can do with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

LL implementing something not many people care about.

I'm always surprised what people care about. It utterly baffles me that so many people seem to use SL as a backdrop for still photography and apparently little else, at least based on popular product categories nearly absent from my Inventory.

But, asked for or not, PBR seems like a game-changer to me, way bigger than EEP or Windlight before it. But we'll see.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I'm always surprised what people care about. It utterly baffles me that so many people seem to use SL as a backdrop for still photography and apparently little else, at least based on popular product categories nearly absent from my Inventory.

But, asked for or not, PBR seems like a game-changer to me, way bigger than EEP or Windlight before it. But we'll see.

ok, here I am again with my  Acronym illiteracy.. What the heck is PBR?  hehehehe

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

ok, here I am again with my  Acronym illiteracy.. What the heck is PBR?  hehehehe

I don't know what it stands for either, but every time I see it, I read it as "peanut butter".  Not sure I'd want peanut butter gumming up the textures.   🙃

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Girl, just join the Lelutka group & pick up their next group gift head in December. No more neck seam & an easier HUD. - 7 Deadly Skins has Genus skins though.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

21 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

PBR = Pabst Blue Ribbon (beer). Though Schlitz was the beer that made Milwaukee Famous, it was PBR that made my classmates stupid.

Aha! I knew the acronym had a familiar ring to it!

Here it's for "Physically Based Rendering" which you can read about it in Inara Pey's reports from the Content Creator Users Group. To start, maybe one from June where the first four glTF materials maps are described, also mentioning non-ALM rendering being removed. (This is also apparently part of the project that renders mirrors and other true reflections, if you remember the "reflections probes" that they've been testing for a while now.)

(I'm sorry I didn't spell out the acronym here; I thought I already had when I first used it, but apparently that was in a post to some other thread.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Is the Reborne body only on 2% of users? I see it a lot. Im still using my Maitreya bod on oneacct and legacy on the other. 

That's users wearing one of the top 300 bodies on the list, that get scanned by the bots roaming the grid for the numbers..

2.0% doesn't seem like a lot, but on that list a body doesn't even hit 1.0% until it reaches the top 20.. It doesn't hit 2.0 until around the top 10.

When it gets around that top 5 it's gonna get interesting.. hehehe

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The free heads will.probably always stay near the top of the list. Lilly and Strong being the most recent.   I AM surprised that other Genus heads are still up.there but then so is Catya which is old as heck.  Some people just never upgrade, it seems.  Also why the mesh body classic TMP will forever be near the top.  Free is key.

I joined after the Lilly giveaway and am salty that I happened to fall in love with it and had to pay full price. Lol! Mostly kidding, I'm really happy with it overall.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

I joined after the Lilly giveaway and am salty that I happened to fall in love with it and had to pay full price. Lol! Mostly kidding, I'm really happy with it overall.

I looked at my mesh heads from Lelutka and just realized, I only have the last two given away.. Kaya and Lilly..

I was like, I know damn well I've bought Lelutka heads more than a few times.. Then realized I was forgetting I had alts..  LOL

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So after spending this week making a data splitting protocol and trialing it yesterday, I ran it after the midnight stats compile and these are the results:

Before:

#1 : Genus - Strong : 28873 : 8.0%
#9 : Genus - Baby : 7922 : 2.2%
#15 : Genus - Classic : 4814 : 1.3%
#75 : Genus - Strange : 727 : 0.2%

After:

#1 : Genus - Strong (Gift 001) : 27285 : 7.5%
#10 : Genus - Baby (W001) : 6439 : 1.7%
#17 : Genus - Classic (W001) : 4024 : 1.1%
#38 : Genus - Baby (W002) : 1482 : 0.4%
#45 : Genus - Strong (W001) : 1254 : 0.3%
#71 : Genus - Classic (W002) : 787 : 0.2%
#115 : Genus - Strange (W001) : 514 : 0.1%
#163 : Genus - Strong (W002) : 332 : <0.1%
#211 : Genus - Strange (W002) : 212 : <0.1%

Seems 94.5% of Genus - Strong were gift heads, heh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

So after spending this week making a data splitting protocol and trialing it yesterday, I ran it after the midnight stats compile and these are the results:

Before:

#1 : Genus - Strong : 28873 : 8.0%
#9 : Genus - Baby : 7922 : 2.2%
#15 : Genus - Classic : 4814 : 1.3%
#75 : Genus - Strange : 727 : 0.2%

After:

#1 : Genus - Strong (Gift 001) : 27285 : 7.5%
#10 : Genus - Baby (W001) : 6439 : 1.7%
#17 : Genus - Classic (W001) : 4024 : 1.1%
#38 : Genus - Baby (W002) : 1482 : 0.4%
#45 : Genus - Strong (W001) : 1254 : 0.3%
#71 : Genus - Classic (W002) : 787 : 0.2%
#115 : Genus - Strange (W001) : 514 : 0.1%
#163 : Genus - Strong (W002) : 332 : <0.1%
#211 : Genus - Strange (W002) : 212 : <0.1%

Seems 94.5% of Genus - Strong were gift heads, heh.

Genus Classic here, so becoming an outlier here as well. Sigh. I liked my AK head until I just got so tired of nothing being available. Genus was hot at the time and lo and behold, I could smoosh the heck out of it and get the look I want. And the world was wide open for the options. Sigh...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.