Female avis are getting smaller and smaller? 0.0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I know that, since my last post, there have been a few posts quoting me, but I finished discussing it when I made my previous post, so I haven't read them.

As far as I am concerned, RL-sized rooms can be used but with too much difficulty, which makes them very unsatisfactory. SL-sized rooms are much better. That's my view, and it's not open for discussion with me. Talking can continue forever, and get precisely nowhere, which is what this topic has done for many years.

That's me done with it this time around :)

Then, we shouldn't quote you any further if it annoys you so much. I bet that if you keep posting, that will help!

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Then, we shouldn't quote you any further if it annoys you so much. I bet that if you keep posting, that will help!

It doesn't annoy me at all. I've stopped partaking in that particular discussion, that's all. This is a different topic :)

On 7/16/2022 at 7:33 AM, Sid Nagy said:

Most houses in SL are made for easy use of the camera at it is positioned standard in the browsers.
Therefor the furniture and the avatars look small.
So furniture is made a bit big bigger than the sizes we know in RL to fit the houses.
And that means that people adapted to those sizes and avatars grew bigger than the RL average standards.

When I was new I was told "take whatever character height you want to use, then add 20cm" if you wanna fit the general motif.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 10:05 PM, Phil Deakins said:

I would really like to see someone successfully maneuvering within a 9' high 12'x12' furnished room. The furniture being a double bed, a wardrobe and a chest of drawers. I won't even insist on bedside cabinets :) By "successfully" I mean without bumping into or walking over things. If someone can set that up, I'd love to see it.

this is a interesting topic

a issue with tiny rooms in SL is the walking speed of avatars. Out of the box there is only one speed which is about 3.2 meters a second.  Whereas in RL we walk ay different speeds.  In our RL bedroom, kitchen, etc we walk a whole lot slower (so to better navigate the furniture/fittings/obstacles) than we do when we are walking to work for example

a way to LSL script adjust our walking speed to navigate obstacles similar to RL is here: 

basically if we do want to make RL-proportionate homes in SL then we make a HUD for that home also. A HUD which adapts our avatar speed to the room we are in, and also auto-adapts our follow camera angle/height/pitch similarly

• Like 1

I said all I wanted to say about the practical reasons a general "scaling down" of avatars and environments providing a better SL experience overall, and debunked all the arguments against it. However, I came back because I did want to reiterate the most important reason I brought up.

If you make your "human" avatar 7-9' tall as so many guys do, you will never, ever, know the joy of a giant monstergirl MILF resting her chest on your shoulder as she leans down to speak with you, like our human sized gentleman in these screenshots.

Snapshot_008.thumb.png.d69602417dd16778a45709735e3b8d02.pngSnapshot_002_PG.thumb.jpg.feb18a1e4dfb79a8412855babbe3ea28.jpg

And in a world of imagination, where almost anything is possible, why would you rob yourself of giant, big tiddy MILF monstergirls?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Penny Patton said:

I said all I wanted to say about the practical reasons a general "scaling down" of avatars and environments providing a better SL experience overall, and debunked all the arguments against it. However, I came back because I did want to reiterate the most important reason I brought up.

If you make your "human" avatar 7-9' tall as so many guys do, you will never, ever, know the joy of a giant monstergirl MILF resting her chest on your shoulder as she leans down to speak with you, like our human sized gentleman in these screenshots.

Snapshot_008.thumb.png.d69602417dd16778a45709735e3b8d02.pngSnapshot_002_PG.thumb.jpg.feb18a1e4dfb79a8412855babbe3ea28.jpg

And in a world of imagination, where almost anything is possible, why would you rob yourself of giant, big tiddy MILF monstergirls?

Dammit! My superpower against monstergirls is footrubs and it wouldn't work on those hooves....

17 hours ago, Penny Patton said:

"He who drinks milk shall never be thirsty", or something like that?

SL lets us be larger than life.

Back in the old days, when all we had was the system avatar, about the only option for being larger than life was height. You couldn't make your breasts enormous because they turned blocky. Same with your behind. If you wanted to be big without ending up with a distorted body part ... height was your best bet.

Then we got add on body parts. Prim beasts, then mesh ones. Depending on what brand and model you bought, you could have everything from 'itty bitty *****' to 'weather balloons'. People tended not to adjust their height at that point, because they could make their larger than life body part the size to fit the tall avatar.

Now, however, people tend to be wearing mesh bodies. And with all due respect to those body makers ... every mesh body on the market has it's limitations ... you can only make your <insert body part> so large. So if you want to have the emphasis on that body part one way to make it larger in proportion to the rest of your body is to go with a shorter avatar.

That's why I think we're seeing some people getting shorter. It's just a theory though.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AnthonyJoanne said:

Now, however, people tend to be wearing mesh bodies. And with all due respect to those body makers ... every mesh body on the market has it's limitations ... you can only make your <insert body part> so large. So if you want to have the emphasis on that body part one way to make it larger in proportion to the rest of your body is to go with a shorter avatar.

That's why I think we're seeing some people getting shorter. It's just a theory though.

You know, that's very possible. Recently I couldn't figure out how an acquaintance of mine got her <insert body part> so much bigger than I was able to get it on the same body. Tried all the sliders. No dice. Finally realized she's just shorter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 9:13 PM, Gwin LeShelle said:

Maybe take your own advice and let it go XD 

Let them be whoever they want to be, even if it is a 5ft shortie!

I personally chose my RL height back then because I was a noob and was like errr what height is ok? Well just start with my own and I kept it at that most of the time. Nothing to do with realism, and I don't care for others and their cams and furniture around me, I have my own parcel and furniture and don't pixel hump so I really don't care for height differences at all. My SL needs to look nice for me ...nothing else matters tbh. It needs to spark joy in me not others x3

Well sure, if they wanna be 5ft shortie that's fine. The problem I have is said shorties keep calling me tall while I am size appropriate anyway at 5'6". It is just I wear 6inch heels all the time making me 6ft. 😛

The other issue is the child ava on adult sims and this is where I tend to run into a lot of the tiny ones that run that questionable line TOS or not.

I haven't read through this thread so... I don't know what you all are on about right now so...

My avatar's height has been the same for 13+ years, give or take a smidge. Right now FS says I'm 6.17 feet. I seemed about average when I started but right away noticed a lot of the builds had door handles that hit my head, I was dwarfed in chairs, etc.  I quickly learned that if I set my avatar to my real life height of 5'6" that I was tiny.

What I have noticed over the years, is that whether you appear short, normal or tall depends upon where you hang out. When I'm on BDSM sims, I am short. Noticeably short. And the furniture appears designed for much taller avatars. The guys are hugely tall.

When I'm hanging out at the music places I like, I'm average height, maybe a bit on the tall side, like if I was 5'10" in real life. I see the random really short and really tall there but the regulars (females) are roughly my height and the males proportional to us. The newish furniture I have all seems scaled just right for me. A kitchen for example was the perfect height right out of the box.

Out shopping? Out roaming around? I haven't noticed a pattern. I've more noticed the very exaggerated body shapes, which are often shorter than I am.

• Like 4

On 7/23/2022 at 8:48 PM, Quistess Alpha said:

D2048-Walk.N by Oracul, from the AX-007 'Posing catch' set. Also using a custom script to limit movement speed to about half of the default. for the technically inclined, roughly

llSetForce(<0,0,4.5>);
vector v = llGetVel();
llSetVelocity(<1.5,0,v.z>,TRUE);

while CONTROL_FWD is pushed.

ETA: also unrelated, but if anyone knows of a turn animation that's more subtle and has a long ease-out (and ease-in). . .

I am a bit technically challenged. Especially with scripts. It took me years before I made an AO from different sets. Then more years before I used the Firestorm AO.

How do I use the script, do I put it in a small invisible prim and attach it to my avatar, or in an AO, or to my screen....?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

How do I use the script,

Unfortunately what I posted is only a snippet that would help someone who is comfortable writing scripts improve an already existing AO script. I might post a full AO sometime in the future(TM) but it would be a bit of work to fix up mine to a 'presentable' state. I also didn't mention the caveat that when a region lags in a certain way (I'm not 100% which) it can cause your avatar to walk into the air, and it can mess with jumping, so you also have to add a button on the AO to turn it off and on again. . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.