Any Way to Stop Pervert's from Derezzing Cloths ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

I thinnk it is silly with flying features

what is the point you ride plane or ballon if you can fly on the sim.

or go boating , if you can fly and moves freely at the main map.

all this vehicle be ome useless. lol

Maybe I want to fly like Superman or some other superhero.

SL is for EACH person to do want they want to do -- not for everyone to do things the way that you think they should be done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Maitimo said:

All mesh clothing comprises attached items.  Disable the de-rendering of any/all attached items (whether classified as clothing or not) will achieve the desired result.

Of course this will also disable the ability to de-render attached hair, head, body, pets, particle-poofers etc, so it would likely nd up causing more problems than it causes.  So the odds of Firestorm actually doing it are slim to none.

But then I can't derender the annoying high-poly animesh critter that the person attached to themselves.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

But then I can't derender the annoying high-poly animesh critter that the person attached to themselves.

I feel attacked!

I can't help it - some of those things are so cute. I don't wear them to events or anything though. Just normal shopping trips to mostly empty stores.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

@Solar Legionblock and ignore is not the solution if LL want to get ppl come here.

too much feature in viewer should be remove. ,  people that come to sl come from different culture, and mostly are not familiar will all these tehnical .

some people have problem with this and LL should take cate or again start loosong customer 😅etimes I thinnk it is silly with flying features

what is the point you ride plane or ballon if you can fly on the sim.

or go boating , if you can fly and moves freely at the main map.

all this vehicle be ome useless. lol

I think it's clear you "don't get it"!  Thanks for all the examples!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

How do people even know they're doing this? Do they tell you they're derezzing your clothes? 

I assume it is highly likely that anyone who messages you, and says they are peeking at your body under your clothes, is likely lying and wanting attention.  

16 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

How do people even know they're doing this? Do they tell you they're derezzing your clothes? More importantly, why don't I know about people doing this? On second thought, don't answer that.

It's kind of obvious when they send you a screencap showing you without your clothes on when you know you are wearing them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone cares. I see what is on MY screen. THAT is "My World, My Imagination." Someone else sees what is on their screen. Perhaps it's different from what I see. It's THEIR world, THEIR Imagination. If their imagination wants a world of naked avatars, I don't care. After all, we are all just pixels.

As has been pointed out by multiple others, if you are bothered by the possibility that someone will see your integumentary pixels, just wear BOM/system layer underwear, and go about your SL confident that no one will see the pixels it covers replaces.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
  • Like 3

Like other's have said,  since it takes some time to rez all the new mesh bodies,  I've seen more than my share of naked ones at clubs when I arrive.  Aside from flying teeth and a few other body parts,   it doesn't even phase me anymore.   

If someone really wants to see my Maitreya Lara body and they derez my mesh clothing - I could care less.  

Best advice I've seen is wearing BOM unders or alpha to hide - that way nothing gets taken away (de-rendering rights) and no one can see your bits.  :)   

I also agree >>>   It's preferable that people not wear their extra bits to clubs, etc.,  since it adds to complexity and serves no purpose when you are fully clothed.    I've used the "what is she wearing" hud a time or two and noticed several people do seem to wear their bits to clubs.....      I felt a bit like a perv just reading the list.  O.o

• Like 3

Ever since I started reading this thread, I couldn't stop myself from thinking of Mormon underwear. I looked on MP expecting to find some, but didn't, so I made some admittedly low-quality ones. If you wear these all the time, nobody will see any interesting parts.1893192360_MormonUnderwearModelPic.700x525.png.ef02826f2223f9839644103a3a89cbc6.png

It's on MP for L$1. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Mormon-Underwear/23775002

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In addition to BOM underwear, some stores offer modesty layers (Izzie's is one of them,, I believe) that tint out nips and crotch. They come in multiple skin tones and can be tinted.  I usually wear those. Anyone derendering my clothing is just going to see a Barbie doll.   I don't like see-through clothing so if I end up with an outfit that is slightly transparent, I will wear the modesty layers. 

And y'know what? Perverts in SL are going to jack off regardless of whether they have people nakie on their screens.  I'm pretty sure there are some who have a kink for nipple-less avis.  Heck, there might even me some who have jelly doll fetishes.  If they're willing to work that hard for their jollies, I don't care. 

• Like 3

To be honest if someone wants to see your avatar naked on their computer they will see it naked, at the end of the day they have control over what shows up (or doesn't) on their computer monitor

Just think of the billions spent on trying to defeat adblockers. Pretty much completely ineffective. Even on YouTube I have a segue blocker to skip those Skillshare/Shave/Nebula/all the rest that came in after creators couldn't cash in on YouTube ads because they were blocked. If people don't want to see it someone will make the tool for it to not be seen.

It's very hard to control what shows up on someone's monitor. 

11 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone cares. I see what is on MY screen. THAT is "My World, My Imagination." Someone else sees what is on their screen. Perhaps it's different from what I see. It's THEIR world, THEIR Imagination. If their imagination wants a world of naked avatars, I don't care. After all, we are all just pixels.

As has been pointed out by multiple others, if you are bothered by the possibility that someone will see your integumentary pixels, just wear BOM/system layer underwear, and go about your SL confident that no one will see the pixels it covers replaces.

because sl is not game .

derender thiings in other online games is a ilegal activiies. you see, even in "game"  derender is ilegal.

SL is not game 😋

so must more strict,

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

What gives me the eyerolls is how some (not all) like to dress all slinky and sexy and then hold their breath and stomp their feet at the very thought of someone derendering their precious clothing.

I disagre, with your view

sexy does not mean nude. and bichy

wearing tranparent or tiny clothes means she respect her body , not same with bare

my 2 cents 😁as an artist irl

imo

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe I want to fly like Superman or some other superhero.

SL is for EACH person to do want they want to do -- not for everyone to do things the way that you think they should be done.

👍

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.