Any Way to Stop Pervert's from Derezzing Cloths ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Man, I don't take this place seriously enough apparently. "Oh no! Some person has beheld my pixel bits!"

I get it, though. It's about agency, nobody wants  their av to be perceived in a way they don't intend people to see it. 

All the answers you can employ have been laid out: Alpha sections, BOM cover-ups. 

But I think the last couple replies of "What's it matter? You do you." are more key than the practical approaches listed. 

Maybe I'm just in a nihilistic mood, I don't know.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

This then brings up a problem. The viewer needs to be able to distinguish between what is an object, IE a baby or a pet, and what is on the avatar ie clothes. So we can derender something like an object such as an Animesh companion, but not be able to derender someone's shirt or pants or skirt. 

More code, more bloat, more lag.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Am I correct in assuming you only know someone did this because they told you or sent you a picture?  Yep, I've had people do this, too hoping to get a reaction.  If they've told me they've done so, "Cool!" is my response.  If they send a pic, I'll critique their skill then possibly a polite "Thanks".  They're hoping for outrage?  Nah, not gonna bother.

• Like 10

58 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Well I think there would be a way for the viewer to distinguish between what is on an avatar and what an object is.

You are in luck!  SL did this for you over 16 years ago.  And none of this clothing can be derendered!

63b6d2ad6bd43b7d15f49139b91e2c5e.png

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I feel like that is kinda objectifying and fetishizing trans people. But that is just my opinio. 

If you're wearing a skirt in SL with all your dangly bits on display, what would you call it?  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:
9 minutes ago, shireena1 said:

Hey, some peeps are into futa you know! (I mean, not me, just sayin')

I feel like that is kinda objectifying and fetishizing trans people. But that is just my opinio. 

That's literally what Futa is.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Indiana Nexen said:

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful,

Thank You !

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it.. Half the time when we land and rezzing, we're nude walking away from the landing point before our clothes have caught up  anyways.. hehehe

If everyone around you is nude, it's a good chance you are too to someone.. I've had sometimes where I'll be in a sim for 20 minutes and finally get that little popup that say's, Everyone can see you now, meaning I've finally fully rezzed to everyone else..

If anything tell them, Oh ya!! Well I just derezzed you and now you don't has a peepee, silly wabbit.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Well I think there would be a way for the viewer to distinguish between what is on an avatar and what an object is. 

Here's an idea

just don't do it yourself and I highly doubt people tell you they do it to you...so what's the issue?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

There is no solution to be found in the game settings or in a product to be purchased. The solution lies within yourself. Learn to just stop caring what others are doing and you will find happiness.

So... Learn to not worry about perverts undressing Me at their pleasure. It's like game designed for Perverts !

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Indiana Nexen said:

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful,

Thank You !

You have choices:

1. Wear system clothes and alphas.

2. Petition LL to ban Firestorm derender feature.

(runs from the pitchfork people)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.