Cocktail time!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SL General Discussion Cocktail Bar is now open  🍸🍹  Come in and relax, after another hard week posting on the Forums 🙂

Just a thread to share your favourite cocktail recipes! Mine is the Gin Bramble…gin, fresh lemon juice and sugar syrup, shaken and served over crushed ice, with a drizzle of blackberry liqueur :P

Trust me, this is amazing! It was invented in Soho in London. 

But what's your favourite cocktail? Please share...I need some cocktail inspiration 🥂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I quit but am an expert. 
The last obsession was in high quality tequila, so good you just chill it and serve (possibly with a tiny bit of juice).

Prior to that, it was flavored martinis, invented by / taught to me by a favorite bartender. We had more than 20 at some point (I went to that bar daily for 6-7 years). My favorites overall were coffee, chocolate, pomegranate, certain candy flavors I can't recall.. and favorite "good vodka" with no flavors was Chopin (the potato vodka variety). 

So, yeah. Quit before the pandemic for health reasons!

• Like 2

Nothing complicated for me.  I'll take a nice, cold dark beer or Irish cream on ice. Although, a friend made me a really good Georgia Peach last year...

/me sets out the lawn chairs and starts a fire in the fire pit.  🔥 Then sits back enjoying the crackle and pop of the fire and the friendly chatter of everyone with their favorite drinks.

• Like 4

I don't drink, unless you count one drink every 2 years or so. But...BUT...if I'm going to drink anything with alcohol at all - I want a mudslide.

I won't bother linking recipes/videos as nobody seems to make it the way I do, but for me, it's primarily a Christmas/New Year's Eve holiday drink, sooooo...

Egg nog ice cream, Kahlua, amaretto liqueur, rum all blended, and chocolate syrup. Whipped cream on top with some freshly-ground nutmeg if you're feeling fancy. Do with those ingredients what you will (since I'm not a drinker, I'm not embarrassed to admit there's barely any rum or Kahlua or amaretto in there anyway and it's primarily ice cream and syrup, LOL).

Typical recipes use vodka, but my wimpy ... teaspoon of rum just tastes better to me. 😂 Bailey's is also common (instead of Kahlua).

frozen-mudslide-recipe1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My favorites overall were coffee, chocolate, pomegranate, certain candy flavors I can't recall.. and favorite "good vodka" with no flavors was Chopin (the potato vodka variety). 

Mmm...pomegranate sounds interesting 😀

12 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Nothing complicated for me.  I'll take a nice, cold dark beer or Irish cream on ice

I do like a Baileys around Christmas time...sometimes simple is best! 

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Egg nog ice cream, Kahlua, amaretto liqueur, rum all blended, and chocolate syrup. Whipped cream on top with some freshly-ground nutmeg if you're feeling fancy. Do with those ingredients what you will (since I'm not a drinker, I'm not embarrassed to admit there's barely any rum or Kahlua or amaretto in there anyway and it's primarily ice cream and syrup, LOL).

Looks incredible! :P

• Like 2

I don’t - can’t drink liquor, I have alcohol intolerance which means my body doesn’t metabolize it.  Just a sip & I get flush & feverish.  But I love big froo froo tiki bar type drinks so I make cute drinks at home that are basically Shirley Temples with frozen maraschino cherries & strawberries or pineapple floating as ice cubes.  I love swizzle sticks, paper umbrellas & pirate sword type decorations.  I made that: 

B03B1909-5D88-43C0-804E-4B87C0395A52.jpeg

• Like 6

I don't drink anymore but I always had a weakness for a good bloody mary. Or a smooth bourbon. 

I have tried this drink though 

No bourbon? No problem. Cold-brew coffee and CBD bitters give this drink a booze-free buzz. 
COLD BREW JULEP
Ingredients
10 mint leaves
½ ounce simple syrup
3 ounces cold brew coffee
10 mg CBD lavender bitters (optional)
Directions
Muddle half the mint leaves in the bottom of a rocks glass.
Stir simple syrup and cold brew over crushed ice.
Add CBD lavender bitters.
Garnish with remaining mint sprigs.

• Like 3

Mine is one I came up with  a couple years back,which my youngest calls Dream juice.

I used to call it Dreamsicle because it tastes just like biting into of them cream filled orange Popsicles.

The name he would say all the time, just ended up being so cute when he said it, that the name just stuck.. So that's what we call it now, Dream Juice..

The recipe is for making 50oz of juice.

It's really a juicer recipe, but you could get away with using a blender I suppose. Just make sure to add purified water in there before you start blending or you'll burn your blender up, plus it'll be pretty thick if you don't.. keep adding until it's thin enough to get down.. hehehe

Anyways, here is the recipe for Dream Juice.

Make sure you wash everything really well.. I have a little brush that I give a good scrub to, for most things I juice or blend.

6 - good sized carrots with the ends cut off

4 - green apples- cores removed

2 - stalks of Bok Choy

1- cucumber - if you're using the blender you might want to peel these.

6 - strawberries

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Does melted ice cream count?  It's the nearest I'd get to a cocktail these days. :) 

Yes non-alcoholic cocktails count too! I feel like the resident forum drunk now, though xD 

I also like Mojitos, a good summer rum drink! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Mine is one I came up with  a couple years back,which my youngest calls Dream juice.

I used to call it Dreamsicle because it tastes just like biting into of them cream filled orange Popsicles.

The name he would say all the time, just ended up being so cute when he said it, that the name just stuck.. So that's what we call it now, Dream Juice..

It's really a juicer recipe, but you could get away with using a blender I suppose. Just make sure to add purified water in there before you start blending or you'll burn your blender up, plus it'll be pretty thick if you don't.. keep adding until it's thin enough to get down.. hehehe

Make sure you wash everything really well.. I have a little brush that I give a good scrub to, for most things I juice or blend.

2 - stalks of Bok Choy

6 - strawberries

I first looked at the ingredients and thought, "what an interesting Bloody Mary!"

• Like 2

An unusual one discovered accidentally is a shot of whisky (scotch) in a pint of draft Guinness means you can't taste either . Obviously with Scotch and Guinness being my preferred drinks the resulting milkshake like flavour was not to my taste because it was sweet !

The mate I discovered it with was lead singer in the band that night and 5 pints of that when your already drunk is sure to get you dancing 🤣

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cunomar said:

An unusual one discovered accidentally is a shot of whisky (scotch) in a pint of draft Guinness means you can't taste either . Obviously with Scotch and Guinness being my preferred drinks the resulting milkshake like flavour was not to my taste because it was sweet !

The mate I discovered it with was lead singer in the band that night and 5 pints of that when your already drunk is sure to get you dancing 🤣

Oh - is that the Irish Car Bomb? :o I think I'd be sick if I tried that!

Can't get draft Guinness in a bottle or can even if they sell it as such .  A devoted Guinness drinker can tell a good pint from a bad one about 6 inches from his lips which is why i don't drink it any more i got tired of arguing with bar staff who grew up in an era of alcopops .

• Like 1

The number of times that I drink something with alcohol in a year are easily counted on one hand.
Those rare moments I have one, it will be a German Weizen beer or a Belgium special brew like Grimbergen or Leffe
I'm totally not into cocktails.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I first looked at the ingredients and thought, "what an interesting Bloody Mary!"

I've never tried those or really too much of anything with the hard alcohols.. I've only ever really tried tasting a few different kinds of imported beers or having a little wine now and then.

You could give it a try, it might be interesting hehehe

12 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

2 - stalks of Bok Choy

6 - strawberries

Ordered a big bag or organic carrots and some beets yesterday. Going to whip up a drink later. Beets are good to reduce inflammation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Ordered a big bag or organic carrots and some beets yesterday. Going to whip up a drink later. Beets are good to reduce inflammation.

Ya beets are really good for you.. I just have to make sure when I'm making juice for the boys that they don't overtake the recipe.. hehehe

Usually some fresh cut pineapple can even things out. :)

Carrots, it seems the more I add of those the better a juice will taste.. Carrot juice is so good on it's own even.. I have those in just about everything i make.

ETA:

I found a Beets recipe in my recipe log.. I can't remember if it's mine or one that I found somewhere else..I can't remember thinking of the name, but there were so many names.. hehehehe

You may like it..

The name is Neat Beet Juice.

This is for one serving.

3 cups red beet chunks
1 red apple, washed & cut into pieces
2 oranges, peeled
1 lemon, peeled
2 cups pineapple chunks
1 inch piece ginger, peeled

Then juice it.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.