What would you like to see in Premium Plus?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Anaiya Ahren said:

I don't mind account stacking but if LL expect this to increase their income from this product, it seems they need to charge less than the full premium fee or give more benefits than 2 premium accounts obtain.

This seems correct. I guess we'll know soon enough what's actually in Premium Plus, but from what's been hinted, it seems to be almost a simple tier pricing exercise, with a few added perks that may be of interest to very specific groups of residents—e.g., those who upload very many models, perhaps.

To decide whether I'll upgrade any account to Plus, I expect to spend some quality time with a spreadsheet trading off tier rates against subscription fees—and no other factors.

I do expect one other feature: larger scale "Linden Mansions". However big the Plus "bonus" tier, a section of Bellisseria available only to those with a Plus subscription and requiring all that tier will be an offer some residents won't be able to resist.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anaiya Ahren said:

Stacking premium accounts isn't broken, the strange charges for tier outside of the premium inclusion are what's broken.

I've done the math on this one .. the fix is to reprice premium or redo the entire mainland tier pricing model. Guess which one is the simplest by a huge margin.

Will work out the exact changes premium plus makes when we get the details, although I will say I don't see any world where LL drops face tier prices. I'm expecting premium plus to be slightly worse value (land & L$, ignoring introductory offers) than regular premium and for the price of that to increase again some point this year.

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

—e.g., those who upload very many models, perhaps.

I believe it's been said that upload fee changes will not affect mesh, so just those 10L image uploads, snapshots, group creation fees etc etc.

To decide whether I'll upgrade any account to Plus, I expect to spend some quality time with a spreadsheet trading off tier rates against subscription fees—and no other factors.

Mine is ready and waiting ^^

I do expect one other feature: larger scale "Linden Mansions". However big the Plus "bonus" tier, a section of Bellisseria available only to those with a Plus subscription and requiring all that tier will be an offer some residents won't be able to resist.

Keeping mind mind we haven't seen any evidence of bigger Belli home plots, there might just be the option to have a second home, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2

inhales and gasps, eyes wide and hoping

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Keeping mind mind we haven't seen any evidence of bigger Belli home plots, there might just be the option to have a second home, but I'm not holding my breath.

exhales sadly and falls over

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I believe it's been said that upload fee changes will not affect mesh, so just those 10L image uploads, snapshots, group creation fees etc etc.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I thought I read that the mesh upload fees wouldn't be affected initially, but I was also half-remembering some mesh "optimization" project that would magically improve the model upload process somehow. Probably unrelated, though, if it's even real.

23 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Right, I wouldn't necessarily expect them to be available at the time of Plus announcement, but the idea of holding two Linden Homes plots under the same Premium (Plus) account would definitely be a similarly interesting product feature, but with none of the "exclusive" appeal. It seems inevitable, though, that eventually there will be Belli parcels that claim all the Plus "bonus" tier.

Thinking about that multiple-Belli feature, it's really pretty artificial that we can't use paid-for tier to own multiple Belli homes now, or even use just the 1024 "bonus" tier for a pair of the 512 campers and/or first-gen Linden Homes. I guess they wouldn't want Linden Homes to become rentals, but those would make sucky rentals for a bunch of reasons (but reign supreme for LI allowance).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

the fix is to reprice premium or redo the entire mainland tier pricing model. Guess which one is the simplest by a huge margin.

Everything's simple until they start looking at the costs in lost premium subscriptions.

• Like 1

Patch just released the details; here's my rough summary:

• Price:  29.99/month,  249USD annual.
  • Stipend: 650 linden /week. (signup bonus of 3000L$)
  • "Free" tier increased to 2048.
  • 140 group slots.
  • an extra animesh attachment
  • An extra land-scope experience.
  • Non-mesh upload fees eliminated, other minor nuissance fees eliminated or reduced.
  • Access to a special support phone line.
  • Available June 23rd.

I wasn't taking detailed notes so I may have missed some things.

ETA:

• Ability to request a specific linden home with a support ticket. (many caveats apply)
  • Premium plus sandboxes (eventually)
  • random gifts
Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8

I've run the numbers and yes .. this does bring stacked super premiums more in line with regular mainland tier prices.

This is for stacking annually paid premiums and selling the excess L$ at current market rates VS 1 premium and regular tier.

I've got to go over and double check everything but so far the advice is 

• If you have < 49152 sqm of mainland, stacking regular premiums is significantly cheaper, up to $675 pa at sweet spot of about half a region.
  • Premium + is still conditionally better value than regular tier up to 4096 sqm BUT it's worse than stacked regular premiums.
  •  

I expect regular premium to go up in price to fix this anomaly later this year.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
double checked .. its worse.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pandora Barzane said:

I might have missed it, but there is no upgrade possibility from regular premium?

We're doing Q&A now and waiting to  hear if it's asked, but so far nope (There is an introductory price for the first 30 days for monthly but that's all so far)

Edited by Liaa Nova
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

That might be a good deal for some large land holding accounts.  I'll stick with my few regular premium accounts, though.  There is really nothing in the new package that would benefit me personally. I am still looking forward to seeing those spread sheets. 😁

It's not. 

Up to 49152 sqm with a single owner, stack premiums, over that 1 premium and tier is cheaper .. of course, you can stack premiums forever with groups in which case tier is never cheaper .. but the number of accounts racks up.

Premium + fixes this loophole.

• Like 2

It's worse than I expected.

2.5 x annual premium price for 2 x premium free tier?  No thanks.

Everything else there is as underwhelming as I expected and nothing that can make up for the price/tier for me.

Does this mean some staff dealing with Premium phone support will be moved over to the Premium Plus specific phone support only?  Sounds like we just got a downgrade too unless they hired a bunch more people in support.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Moneywise, Premium Plus is a price INCREASE ( except for the 2048 tier level where it barely wins).

The following spreadsheet gives the numbers for those who pay annually. Stipend is subtracted off ($60/year for Premium and $131/year for Premium Plus).

Notice that three Premium accounts costs $117 and you get THREE Linden Homes.

One Premium Plus account costs $118 and you get ONE Linden Home.

DOA

premium vs premium plus final.png

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Coyote Scribe said:

I would like to see people be able to change their last name to an OLD RETIRED last name.  Take marriage for instance.  My wife can't change her last name to Scribe (except the old way).  What would it hurt?

Also, more Pick space in profiles.

I'd love to know why they don't do this and keep focusing on groups, many have asked for more picks @Patch Linden

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.