Premium Plus and Linden Homes

Teresa Firelight
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Even if someone at LL correlated identical payment and/or IP info and/or email addresses to detect probable alts, I doubt such info would be accessible to anyone who works directly with residents, like support.

YES! We are tracked, at least to some extent. I was recently on Premium chat logged in as myself and a Linden greeted me by an Alt's name. When I asked about whether LL kept track of alts, no answer was given. When I asked the second time I was told that such policy was not made available to residents.

I'm not paranoid about this stuff. In the past I've logged in as myself requesting Premium alt support or vice versa, thus I've directly given LL support info.  That may be why I was greeted by the alts name. (Note: I typically use different browsers for different alts and am careful not to have two residents logged in on one browser.)

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

YES! We are tracked, at least to some extent. I was recently on Premium chat logged in as myself and a Linden greeted me by an Alt's name. When I asked about whether LL kept track of alts, no answer was given. When I asked the second time I was told that such policy was not made available to residents.

I attempted to verify your report but Boxy 5000 was having none of it.

Boxy 5000.jpg

• Haha 4

Thanks you for the replies.

That's regrettable but understandable.

I would pay for a service to hand my house to my primary account and make that one my premium. But I'm not sure how I would safeguard that same service against abuse.

I really want to retire the account that is my premium, but that spot I hold is too perfect a match to my tastes to let go (Why this account has no profile: I'm trying to cut down all my "alts" so I blanked them all my accounts until I settle on one - and my linden home is the only barrier left keeping me from finishing this).

Oh and yeah, over a decade ago I had a Linden in world address me by an alt's name. But at the time I was being pretty open about those two accounts being connected so not really an issue.

I've also had messages sent to the wrong account by... regular users. A long time ago there was some shop I went get something from, and I forget as it's been so long - it was either: a freebie that I was rejected for because my other alt already had it, or a redelivery was sent to another account. I think I've actually had both of these happen exactly once each across the years. There used to be this one dance shop who's automated greeter would always say "Hello X" anytime I visited on any account...

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Plastic Puddles said:

How do i bet the bigger place . it sent me to a previous one when i switched plans

abandon the home and choose another

to Abandon the home then stand in the house. menu: World \ about Land \ General tab \ Abandon Land button

then menu: Me \ Account Dashboard \ Land Manager \ Linden Home \ Get Your Home Now \ select another home from the Bellisseria Theme

Edited by Mollymews
typd
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Plastic Puddles said:

How do i bet the bigger place . it sent me to a previous one when i switched plans

Do you mean that you switched from Premium to Premium Plus? And what do you mean by "the bigger place"? If you are asking about the 2048 sq m parcels that have been promised for an unspecified date in the future, they are not available.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Plastic Puddles said:

Are you trying to change from a 512 m parcel to a 1024 m parcel? Those are the only size options we have available now, though some lots might seem bigger because of the landscaping around them. 

You will have to pick which type of house you want from the webpage. Every style you see on the page is available, even though the pictures are grey. Check which style you want, then go look at the parcel that is randomly selected for you. If you don't want that parcel, you get 5 chances each day to change it. Then you can change the floorplan and colors from the control panel inside the house, by the front door.

• Like 2

I think LL knows who are alts are. A handful of times, I get an email that I have a private forum IM that goes to my alt's name instead of me (same email address). This is an alt that I have never logged into the forums.

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I think LL knows who are alts are. A handful of times, I get an email that I have a private forum IM that goes to my alt's name instead of me (same email address). This is an alt that I have never logged into the forums.

Yeah, Alycia keeps getting my mail from forum DMs too. We use the same address, so I guess it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I get these sometimes.  The emails are addressed to my bank account alt, whom I don't think I've ever logged into the forums, and yet the IMs are actually IMs to me.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Premium gives 5 choices of home a day. Don’t like the home allocated, then abandon and try another and it is all immediate.

Premium Plus gives the chance to have the house you want, but it is not immediate, as the time it all takes, because a ticket has to be filed with Support, means it is hit and miss. You may or may not get the house you want and while moving in, if you think you made a mistake, then you have to start all over again. Also, Support notified me, that the maximum number of home requests in a 30 day period, is 3. I don’t remember seeing that in the T&Cs.

When it comes to Linden Homes, the Plus part of Premium Plus, just doesn’t get a good rating over Premium, for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Presumably if you're requesting a specific home with a PP account, it's a home you specifically want to live in.  So making more than 3 requests in a month seems excessive, in my opinion. I think it's a fair caveat to have; one must request the houses they actually want, and agree to alternatives that they actually want, because that's the whole point of the process -- getting the house that you want.   I'm glad they've put a cap on the number of requests in a month; poor Whitney otherwise ❤️

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Virtue Demina said:

Presumably if you're requesting a specific home with a PP account, it's a home you specifically want to live in.  So making more than 3 requests in a month seems excessive, in my opinion. I think it's a fair caveat to have; one must request the houses they actually want, and agree to alternatives that they actually want, because that's the whole point of the process -- getting the house that you want.   I'm glad they've put a cap on the number of requests in a month; poor Whitney otherwise ❤️

If the first request is granted. I can guess that more special locations like the Newbrookes on sand, will be highly sought after.

So one region is released, the ticket was put in too late, the second released and the same there, third time you are lucky. 3 requests is adequate and not better than that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Virtue, do you have more info on that? I looked for more details on the number of request, but I couldn't find it. Thank you

Nope!  I was just going on the anecdotal information from Anthony McGregor who posted above me.

11 hours ago, Anthony McGregor said:

Also, Support notified me, that the maximum number of home requests in a 30 day period, is 3. I don’t remember seeing that in the T&Cs.

I hadn't heard anything like that but my response was rather than seeing it as a negative I was glad they'd put a cap on it; I know how many land requests generally Whitney has to take care of and having some kind of cap on it just made me glad for her sake lol

• Like 4

Would appreciate a true/false assessment of these statements.

1) A Premium Plus member may request a specific 1024 or 512 Linden Home if and only if it is currently "in the queue", that is, the home could be randomly assigned to a Premium or Premium Plus member prior to support acting upon the request. (In other words, the random assignment algorithm has not been modified to benefit Premium Plus members).

2) A 1024 or 512 home that is requested and assigned to a Premium Plus member may be kept if the member downgrades to Premium membership.

3) A 2048 home that is assigned to a Premium Plus member may NOT be kept if the member downgrades to Premium membership.

Edited by diamond Marchant
usual typos
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Would appreciate a true/false assessment of these statements. ...

diamond, I see a fourth possibility:

4) There are homes that are available for claiming by Premium Plus members (i.e. "Linden Homes" in non-SSP named regions) which are not yet available to the Assigner algorithm.  That is, they have not been put in any queues that feed the Linden Homes Land Page, although they could be at any time.

Which implies that the Land Page could be showing that no homes of a certain type are available at all, although Premium Plus members can claim them.  [Which seemed to be what was happening for a time in HIgher Porpoise, Lobster Roll, and Harbor Lights when PP was released.]  It would be nice to know if this will be policy with all new regions, or if any will be released directly to the Land Page as soon as they are "ready".

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

4) There are homes that are available for claiming by Premium Plus members (i.e. "Linden Homes" in non-SSP named regions) which are not yet available to the Assigner algorithm.

Thank you. This is a restatement of my statement 1.  If you actually saw this happen then my statement 1 is FALSE. Yikes. The PP FAQ does not discuss this issue.

• Like 3

On 8/5/2022 at 11:03 PM, Anthony McGregor said:

Premium gives 5 choices of home a day. Don’t like the home allocated, then abandon and try another and it is all immediate.

Premium Plus gives the chance to have the house you want, but it is not immediate, as the time it all takes, because a ticket has to be filed with Support, means it is hit and miss. You may or may not get the house you want and while moving in, if you think you made a mistake, then you have to start all over again. Also, Support notified me, that the maximum number of home requests in a 30 day period, is 3. I don’t remember seeing that in the T&Cs.

When it comes to Linden Homes, the Plus part of Premium Plus, just doesn’t get a good rating over Premium, for me.

Dont forget that, in addition to requesting a specific home, PP still has the same 5 choices a day through land page that Premium has... the requesting specific home is an additional option but doesn't take away using the land page.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Dont forget that, in addition to requesting a specific home, PP still has the same 5 choices a day through land page that Premium has... the requesting specific home is an additional option but doesn't take away using the land page.

Yes. This suggests a fourth statement.

4)  Premium and Premium Plus members are treated exactly the same by the assigner algorithm, with respect to 512 and 1024 Linden homes.

Edited by diamond Marchant
restated in the form of a statement (not a question)
  • Like 2

• Lindens
On 8/6/2022 at 11:15 PM, diamond Marchant said:

Would appreciate a true/false assessment of these statements.

1) A Premium Plus member may request a specific 1024 or 512 Linden Home if and only if it is currently "in the queue", that is, the home could be randomly assigned to a Premium or Premium Plus member prior to support acting upon the request. (In other words, the random assignment algorithm has not been modified to benefit Premium Plus members).

2) A 1024 or 512 home that is requested and assigned to a Premium Plus member may be kept if the member downgrades to Premium membership.

3) A 2048 home that is assigned to a Premium Plus member may NOT be kept if the member downgrades to Premium membership.

Greetings! To answer these directly...

1) True. The best way to identify these right now is to check if the region name starts with SSP. If it does, then it is still a work in progress. Our currently release method has these regions renamed at the time they are released to remove the SSP label. 

2) True. Once assigned, that home belongs to you until you abandon it or downgrade to a basic account. 

3) This is subject to change as the Premium Plus Linden Homes haven't been released yet, but based on my current expectations, this will likely be true. 

13 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

diamond, I see a fourth possibility:

4) There are homes that are available for claiming by Premium Plus members (i.e. "Linden Homes" in non-SSP named regions) which are not yet available to the Assigner algorithm.  That is, they have not been put in any queues that feed the Linden Homes Land Page, although they could be at any time.

Which implies that the Land Page could be showing that no homes of a certain type are available at all, although Premium Plus members can claim them.  [Which seemed to be what was happening for a time in HIgher Porpoise, Lobster Roll, and Harbor Lights when PP was released.]  It would be nice to know if this will be policy with all new regions, or if any will be released directly to the Land Page as soon as they are "ready".

1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

Yes. This suggested a fourth statement.

4) Are Premium and Premium Plus members treated exactly the same by the assigner algorithm, with respect to 512 and 1024 Linden homes?

There is no difference in how the LH picker assigns out parcels - they function the exact same. Any homes claimable by someone that is Premium Plus is also claimable by a Premium user, and vice versa. All parcels (both those returning to the pool of available parcels by way of a resident abandoning, or newly released parcels) are made available to both Premium and Premium Plus members simultaneously. The LH assigner does not recognize a difference between Premium and Premium Plus, and when functionality is later added for Premium Plus specific homes it will have no additional impact other than limiting Premium Plus to Premium Plus subscribers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

32 minutes ago, Derrick Linden said:

All parcels (both those returning to the pool of available parcels by way of a resident abandoning, or newly released parcels) are made available to both Premium and Premium Plus members simultaneously.

Thank you, Derrick!  Altho I'm still a little puzzled about how I saw coastal stilt-on-lands being claimed by Premium Plus members when there were none of that type on the Land Page, and oodles of them set to Linden Home inland in those same regions.  Perhaps that was just a timing issue when Premium Plus was first starting up.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.