Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

On 10/29/2022 at 7:21 AM, Ags Falconer said:

Pet delight:

I took 11 years off from SL and when I came back, all my stuff was still here!! I am seriously impressed at the Linden's choice to preserve a non-paying, non-active resident's stuff to that degree. I think that is uncommon. 

True. If you go over a year without checking a Yahoo email account, they delete all your content in it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Thrifted up 9 whole inches of analog goodness, will keep me out of trouble till $deity deems me worthy of a real PVM .. maybe I could RGB mod this ... 

(It looks sooooo much better in person, crisp and clean with very few composite artifacts).

tcdFecb.pngcnzP23V.png

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

pet delight: finding a SL place I never visited before that brings back that magical feel from early years

I was pleasantly surprised by the Castle Dracula: Gothic Horror Experience build.  It was really well done and I loved the ending. Animesh Dracula is a smexy old vamp.

• Like 10

Going to Florida to my alma mater for a conference for 4 days and wondering how bored I’d be… then being surprised by my marine driving all the way down from the Blue ridge mountains to spend time together like the good old days and ending up having the best four days in over 12 years 🥲

Edited by Krystina Ferraris
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

pet delight: finding a SL place I never visited before that brings back that magical feel from early years

I was pleasantly surprised by the Castle Dracula: Gothic Horror Experience build.  It was really well done and I loved the ending. Animesh Dracula is a smexy old vamp.

He originally built it as his private home, and he's really into authenticity. I'm so happy he opened it up to the public, finally. It used to be invite-only. Castle Dracula is one of the coolest builds I've ever seen; I used to send people to the dinosaur adventure to get his dinosaur avis, and I'd tell them to cam way up and see what was there. Everyone always went, "WOAH~! AWESOME!"

He's one of my artist gods in SL, it's such an honor to know him.

^-^

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

He originally built it as his private home, and he's really into authenticity. I'm so happy he opened it up to the public, finally. It used to be invite-only. Castle Dracula is one of the coolest builds I've ever seen; I used to send people to the dinosaur adventure to get his dinosaur avis, and I'd tell them to cam way up and see what was there. Everyone always went, "WOAH~! AWESOME!"

He's one of my artist gods in SL, it's such an honor to know him.

^-^

I wondered how such a place eluded my travels, as I really like gothic horror builds. I've done the journal hunt and been back a few times just to wander the halls and check out all the details of the decor and ghostly effects ^,..,^

46 minutes ago, Akane Nacht said:

I wondered how such a place eluded my travels, as I really like gothic horror builds. I've done the journal hunt and been back a few times just to wander the halls and check out all the details of the decor and ghostly effects ^,..,^

Yeah, most people would have had trouble finding it, because they never expected it to be above Prehistorica the Dawn Kingdoms. I still send people there for the dinosaur avatars. He makes really super cool dino avis.

Pet Delight!

I got "Class Instance Creation" to work in my LSL JSON Parser, including "Base" classes and "Child" classes!

Example:

class MyClass::BaseClass() { // "MyClass" has a "Base Class", named "BaseClass

ChildClass oMyChild; // oMyChild is an instance of "ChildClass"

}

Create just an instance of "MyClass", and it creates all the data elements needed for the main class instance, including the "Base" class, and any "Child" class object instances.

ETA: In case anyone were to wonder, yes - I could create each "class instance" dynamically (like with a pointer and "new()" function), but I wanted to show that I don't have to for the "child" class. 

In "every" case, the top-level class is being created dynamically - in this case the "instance" of "MyClass" is created on-demand.  An indirect variable reference is created to a new JSON structure stored in the Instances data, containing all of the class/base class/child class data members.  "Code" is not "instanced", only "data". (Only one "pointer" is needed for this entire instance.)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I finally worked up the courage to list the first house I ever built, and someone already bought one. The listing hasn't even been up two whole days.

I have so much self-doubt about the things I make, it's really validating when someone who's been in SL longer than I have thinks my stuff is worth owning. Glad I only waited a couple-few years to list it, cos they really made my day today.

So yeah, that and officially welcoming some international guests without having them run away screaming were my two big delights today, aside from all the piles of food.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 9

kudos to whoever decorated the common area at Randelsham. They really went all out (Campwich lodge is pretty too)

(eta: most of the stuff seems to be owned by Naughty Mole, so probably 'twas she :))

image.thumb.jpeg.05b2379a2abff8367b502b2ec5385982.jpeg

Edited by Akane Nacht
  • Like 3

In RL: Just being alive. Two years ago during the pandemic, I was at my lowest point and came to the conclusion many times that being of this Earth was just no longer for me. Today, I have a therapist, a high(ish) paying job, and my day-to-day mood has never been better. Things are looking up!

In SL: When someone compliments my avatar out of the blue. Feels like validation of the design decisions I've made regarding her and reassurance that my days of looking like a dead eyed clay zombie are well and truly over.

• Like 8

in RL: moving to an actual HOUSE near a city! as someone who's unable to drive, quick access to public transit will be amazing.

in SL: found out Waterhorse released their Anipet horse recently for 4000L, and the devkit is free! it's copy/mod out the box and I am going to have SO MUCH FUN making tack, animations, textures, sounds, accessories- what I want to do is turn it into a pegasus to fly around on the Mainland.

• Like 3

I dreamed that I showed my Eurorack synthesizer system to my dad, who died years ago.  He was curious and sat down to check it out before I woke up.

What's cool about this is, he really would have been interested in it, and would have wanted to play with the different pieces, being familiar with oscillators, filters, amplifiers, etc.

• Like 3

I've only ever posted in the Peeve thread, but lately in-world there was some Delights. Weirdly enough.

So!

Pet delight one: sincere compliments!

Someone said that my av was "the most detailed they've seen in a while." And that they really liked it! Wow, who knew being so dedicated to finding worn-out clothing and to being covered in snow is the thing that would net you compliments.

Pet delight two: small conversations that lead to nothing.

Had a couple of these. Small, passing conversations with others that weren't too involved, but genuine. Little passing flits of kindness and recognition of others.

Which is crazy coming from me, the local hermit who's scared of people.

• Like 4

Pet delights: I love when I see advanced avatars (time in world etc) help out new avatars who are totally ok as people but look so horrible as newbies and they know it and they feel embarrassed, but then an oldie scoops them up and makes them beautiful.

I love that aspect of this world.

ps, i just wanted to add, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but if you don't feel pretty you don't feel pretty, that's all.

Edited by Charolotte Caxton
  • Like 4

On 12/11/2022 at 1:42 AM, cariboustag said:

Pet delight two: small conversations that lead to nothing.

I love when a conversation isn't just an envelope for an agenda, I get enough of bs "conversations" as lead-ins to people trying to get things (money, my take-out dinner, sex, etc.) from me IRL.

Pet Delight~!: Watching a "happily taken" fellow and his prostitute of the evening fail for several minutes to bypass the security unit I gave someone for their home before realizing I'm now hovering there watching them. Watching their avatar visibly jerk like a spastic puppet and then disappear is intensely gratifying, especially after watching them try to break in somewhere.

It's also fun adding them to my list of people whose partners would rip them to shreds if I ever gave them the video of it.

• Like 1