Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

My latest blood test results showed a slight improvement in my kidney function.  335365273_egfrmeaning.jpg.36a74a4027d903d3cea2c6063dd161f9.jpg

I was at 10% back in December when I was hospitalized.  At the end of January I was at 12% and my kidney doctor told me that he didn't think it was going to get any better; that I would probably need dialysis sometime within the next year and to start getting ready for that.  Well, my latest results show me at 16%!  I've gone up a stage and the world seems a bit brighter to me.

• Like 18

I found out today that the generic version of my prescription eye drops can finally be sold in the US - as of this past Feb, I believe.  The price of the name brand, via my insurance mail-order pharmacy, is roughly $1400.00 for a 3-month supply.  So I have been ordering the generic from Canada at a price of $200.00 for a 3-month supply - and have been doing that for roughly 4 years now.  I can now get that same 3-month supply of the generic through my mail-order pharmacy for $20.00. 

These are the times when I love insurance and am reminded of how much I HATE the drug companies.

• Like 18