GACHA MACHINES AND GACHA SALES IN SL - Have they returned?

IainJett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, IainJett said:

I want to know if Gacha Sales are still banned in SL? I just got back from The Arcade and saw they are alive and well... Has LL made exceptions?

They are not the same since you know what exactly you are.purchasing.  No surprise, no gacha.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, IainJett said:

I think if you want to buy a certain color of an item and you have to gamble for it, it is the same as gacha

You need to read the instructions on The Arcade hud (as you walk in there is a place to get the hud (changes daily per person) and an explanation of how it works.  You can come back once a day and see what is offered that day (per avatar).  So you are NOT gambling.   The "do" look similar though.  

42 minutes ago, IainJett said:

I think if you want to buy a certain color of an item and you have to gamble for it, it is the same as gacha

No, with gacha, you gamble that what you purchase MIGHT be the color you want.  The new machines show you exactly what you'll get and what is next.  You can purchase whichever ones you'd like and not purchase those you don't or none (which I've decided is perfect).   You can still resell also.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IainJett said:

If you go into a store and look to see if they have a particular color of item in stock on the shelves and they don't, are you "gambling"?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

No. They're illegal.

Gachas machines are illegal.  The machines the OP asked about at the Arcade are not.  

Q:  Could a “conveyor belt” system work?  

Example:  The vendor board selects an item at random and displays it for purchase.  That item remains on display and available for purchase until a buyer touches the vendor which locks it to them for purchase.  This allowed the buyer to purchase the item and deliver it.  The vendor unlocks and then selects another item at random and displays it for purchase and the cycle repeats.

Example image here and credit to Nadi Vemo for the approved vendor design.

A:  Yes, as long as the item currently being purchased is known. Note however that you should discontinue the use of the “gacha” term for these sales. 

2 hours ago, latinatransgirl said:

im confused by this nothing seems to indicate which you will get

Maybe start by reading the instructions at the Arcade, no?

Click the HUGE sign to get a HUD and then you need to click the pair button beneath the machine you want to play, then magically the HUD will tell you what numbers are next...compare those numbers to the AD on the machine..DING you know what you will get <.< It is really not that hard ^^ 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Stop encouraging people to troll vendors.

Who's encouraging people? That's the wisdom that the governance team passed out to people if they're unsure of something and let governance make the decision, not keyboard warriors like yourself.  As for trolling, you fail :)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, latinatransgirl said:

Generally on those "next up" machines, they'll have an arrow or something pointing to a number. If you were to "play" that machine, you would get that number. Some machines will tell you the next few grabs after that one as well. It's not so much gambling as you know what you'll get. If the one you want isn't up or even on the loadout yet.. well, money saved.

I do occasionally see the old, traditional gachas in people's stores, but they are generally not well-known merchants and are probably lagging behind.

8 hours ago, latinatransgirl said:

8 hours ago, latinatransgirl said:

At The Arcade, everyone gets a personal HUD for playing the machines.  Your purchase options are not dependent on anything anybody else does.  As Gwin said, you must get your HUD and then PAIR it with a machine that you want to possible buy from. If you like whatever number is being offered, then buy it.  When you are done with a particular machine, whether or not you actually bought anything, click the applicable button on the machine to un-pair your HUD and continue on your way.  You can pair and un-pair as often as you want, with as many different machines as you like -- but you can only be paired with a single machine at any given moment.   If you like items in a machine, but don't like the currently offered number, all HUDs reset at midnight each day, so you can come back the next day and likely get a different number on your HUD when paired with that machine.

• Like 2

💡!

I just had a flash. People who put themselves through all the hoops just to pretend not to be jonesing for gachas are gluttons for punishment.

For those who don't know, jonesing is a junkie's (heroin addict) slang for the beginning of withdrawal. It started in the 50s in NYC.

I'm not knocking anyone. Just wanting people to understand that all humans have at least one addiction of some kind. Most relatively harmless. When you stop to think about it, collectors have an addiction that is mostly harmless. The two areas where it can cause harm is hoarding and finances. If you lose control, it will eat you out of house and home, in more ways than one.

just chiming in....

Gatcha is apparently still legal in the United States (at least according to Redditors).

The SL Gatcha ban is a policy based on a perceived unfavorable "regulatory climate".

Everybody knows Gatcha is gambling.

My favorite gacha machine of all time persisted for a while after the SL Gatcha ban but I checked today and it has finally been removed... the RO Doll Maker machine. Can't get enough of those creepy dolls.

The element-of-chance-removed-gatcha-replacements seem ill conceived to me. They restrict your ability to purchase an item to an arbitrary time window. Seems the opposite of "impulse buying", which is the way I always buy shoes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

The element-of-chance-removed-gatcha-replacements seem ill conceived to me. They restrict your ability to purchase an item to an arbitrary time window

Only sort of. 

Most of these new machines sit on a particular item until someone buys it or a specific time period has passed - at which point, it cycles to some new random thing.  For the ones that are showing the 'upcoming items', if someone makes a purchase, the machine will lock to that user for a certain period of time - to ensure you get 1st opportunity at the new item.  

Since the Arcade machine is private to you and you might not want to buy the 'current' item, which is the only way to advance to the next one, it does a full reset each evening producing a new random lineup.

Before, with the old machines, you could continue buying as many as you wanted, maybe being happy with what you got and maybe not. 
Now, with the new machines, you can still continue buying as much as you want, maybe being happy with what you get and maybe not.  The only difference is that now you know ahead of time whether or not you will like the item if you buy it.

19 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Maybe start by reading the instructions at the Arcade, no?

Click the HUGE sign to get a HUD and then you need to click the pair button beneath the machine you want to play, then magically the HUD will tell you what numbers are next...compare those numbers to the AD on the machine..DING you know what you will get <.< It is really not that hard ^^ 

i missed that part when i got there sorry. but really you dont have to be that way though. 

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.