Should I Stay or Should I Go

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I honestly don't understand why you'd be terrified, nor have I any idea what you're talking about. When someone creates a thread on these forums they do not own it, not in the sense that they can control who posts in it or what they might say.  We can't even delete our own threads. We would have to get a moderator to do so for us. 

I reference the Cornfield as something old timers here would understand. The idea is based on the old Twilight Zone episode in which a little boy with god-like powers is able to wish people into a place of virtual oblivion. In Second Life, the reference is much less terrifying or dramatic. This was a place where in-world Linden moderators could place avatars who were disturbing the peace for a limited period of time. Many people who were sent to the Cornfield even enjoyed the notoriety and did things so they would get sent there. The forum equivalent now would be a temporary ban on posting, but that wouldn't be fun at all. At least in the in-world Cornfield one could wander around the corn stalks and chat with other people there. In-world it's now been made into a kind of zombie-shooter game with rewards.  

Huh...ok...

200w.gif

4 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

How long are people allowed to cause disruption and chaos on this forum before they are asked to stop this behavior? Do you have a set number of threads that need to be locked or can you just continue creating topics that have no apparent relevance to well...anything. Just curious because it seems like a very high threshold.

Wondering about that myself, and I'm starting to become a bit salty about it, especially when posts get removed instead for.. what, so it looks better? For how long, a few days at best, until McNasty here is gonna come up with another nonsensical topic that only gets created so they can throw their thinly veiled insults and flamebaits at people? Because a barrage of locked threads looks better? Yeah, I don't get it. Thought they learned their lesson with that weird dragonlady. But granted, she had to wish for others to die first, so maybe that's where the line gets drawn around here...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Thought they learned their lesson with that weird dragonlady. But granted, she had to wish for others to die first, so maybe that's where the line gets drawn around here...

If Dragonlady is the threshold, we are in for a long ride. She was extreme even before that death wish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

rednecks 

I believe that racism cannot be tolerated in any form and in any forum.
I would like to ask you to look for a different way to insult others if you just can't help but write insulting things.
I think a more calm tone in expressing your opinions could be more useful for the discussion, thank you.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

I would like to ask you to look for a different way to insult others if you just can't help but write insulting things.
I think a more calm tone in expressing your opinions could be more useful for the discussion, thank you.

KnobbyKnobbyFoxterrier-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tama Suki said:

Calling someone a redneck isn't racist.. Rednecks aren't a race, they are a regional people in the Southern US and can be of any race.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

All very interesting.
However, I would like to ask you not to go too far off the topic. :)

May I point out that you yourself went off topic by your second post leaving the thread in a state of confusion as to what it actually is about. Maybe you need get on the topic yourself before you can expect any of us to.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

May I point out that you yourself went off topic by your second post leaving the thread in a state of confusion as to what it actually is about. Maybe you need get on the topic yourself before you can expect any of us to.

But the topic is topological, it seemed clear enough to me. :)

3 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

All very interesting.
However, I would like to ask you not to go too far off the topic. :)

Let's get back on topic shall we? Let's make it very clear with pictures so you don't misunderstand.  You asked the question and here is the answer.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47b67q0tgyifj1oxl7g5

Get Out Of Here Go Away GIF by Bounce

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47f5n0anddegir3641y5i

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ir473ftzeph54bmaet

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I received a forum message once, from a Linden, letting me know that starting frivolous threads was against the Community Guidelines.  That was combined with a full nuke of a thread I had started.

Did they actually use the word frivolous? Because if they did, they need to delete the whole damn forum.

Yes, my patience is wearing very thin these days.

BlaringKindheartedHornshark-size_restric

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Makes me curious.  This person shows up just around the time another frequent poster goes quiet.  Coincidence?  Food for thought?

If you meaning the White Knight I would be surprised if this one is a reincarnation of her. I have wondered about the White Knight's absence and do hope she is ok in spite of her having been a PITA for me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If you meaning the White Knight I would be surprised if this one is a reincarnation of her. I have wondered about the White Knight's absence and do hope she is ok in spite of her having been a PITA for me.

I was wondering too since these posts are primed for intervention.  Interesting also is post history.  Curiouser and curiouser.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

25 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I was wondering too since these posts are primed for intervention.  Interesting also is post history.  Curiouser and curiouser.  

It's not her but she has posted recently under another "new" account. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Calling someone a redneck isn't racist.. Rednecks aren't a race, they are a regional people in the Southern US and can be of any race.

Rednecks are all over the US. It's just they aren't always called rednecks. But yes, they are regional. Mostly rural. 

I never understood the need to publicly advertise when staying or leaving a public forum. Many have left or taken extended holidays from the forums here without making an entire thread about it. To each their own.

If you feel the need to stay, stay. If you feel the need to leave, leave. Perhaps taking a break from the forums is best if seeking feedback is necessary to make that decision for yourself. Always do what is best for you and your well-being. The forum will continue either way.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.