The Bellisseria Cipher Challenge

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

'traveler' - with only one L?  Oh please.... 🤢

I'd been joking with my brother yesterday saying the letter "u" would be missing from colour if that was even a word, but hadn't thought about traveller/traveler. 

I certainly wouldn't have got the moth sign.

Extra well done to Atomic for being on the Mole/Linden wavelength just that little bit more than us. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, yestothis said:

Congrats atomic! 

I sincerely hope Atomic has done enough in Patch Linden's eyes to qualify them as the winner. I have a feeling Patch was intending to drip feed us the letters that corresponded with letters not actually within any of the words and phrases and then expect something of a bun fight at the 11th hour on 23rd December. As there have been no official rules published anywhere, I feel Atomic has won fairly and squarely, but also want to say well done to all who have persevered and shared tips. This has been fun - could have been a lot more fun - maybe the next challenge will be set up as a game only, like searching for easter egg treasure on the mainland was the other year. 

• Like 4

Wow, well done Atomic! If I were able to get into SL right now, I would check only five more places for runes. The four parks (mirror pond etc) and turtle swamp, in the bottom right corner of the continent.

If I found any, I would post the pics for Atomic to decode!

• Like 5

Atomic's cipher at:

The Docks - "Welcome weary traveler stay a while and listen"

2091716266_TheDocks.thumb.png.f63f6a0b7db07f2cd9c9879741ffd7f4.png

Moth Sign - "Molethra Gigantica Ride"

"Molethra" is a play on the name of "Mothra", the famous giant Japanese moth of Godzilla style monster movies.

2056768177_MothSign.thumb.jpg.8ae1a6fb820159b2afb73a91c3ae643f.jpg

Eyrie Towers - "Welcome weary traveler stay a while and listen"

1599651180_Towers1.thumb.jpg.905c01fe358c1ffeba2cd11f9e1eb55b.jpg

Bridges - "Lake traveler"

bridge.thumb.jpg.a5b0ed72d44515b962e669a74d1fe76b.jpg

My congratulations to Atomic too! :)

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

idk if it has anything to do with this or not but the eyrie stones in those parks, the lil point on the symbol points to the side, different from the one on the mole statues, so swamp of sadness points south east, fairstone quarry points southeast, toad pool points east, jacksprite points east, and mirror pond points south. maybe I was digging too deep tho for clues lol. Also, the turtle talks, I couldn't make out what it says tho.

sounded like maybe:  "I see you" or "what say you"

Also, haven't figured out if it's an automatic activation, proximity or something else.

Edited by DevinKnights84
added more.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I'd been joking with my brother yesterday saying the letter "u" would be missing from colour if that was even a word, but hadn't thought about traveller/traveler. 

I certainly wouldn't have got the moth sign.

Extra well done to Atomic for being on the Mole/Linden wavelength just that little bit more than us. 

The "u" is missing from how we spell color in the US.

Color
Color or colour is the visual perceptual property corresponding in humans to the categories called blue, green, red, etc. Color derives from the spectrum of light interacting in the eye with the spectral sensitivities of the light receptors.Wikipedia

The double "l" is missing from how we spell traveler in the US too. 

traveler

trăv′əl-ər, trăv′lər

noun

1. One who travels or has traveled, as to distant places.
  2. A traveling salesperson.
  3. A member of any of various groups of traditionally itinerate people living especially in Scotland and Ireland.

On the other hand:

Traveller

Traveller is a 1997 American crime drama film directed by Jack N. Green and starring Bill Paxton, Mark Wahlberg and Julianna Margulies. The plot centers on a man joining a group of nomadic con artists in rural North Carolina.Wikipedia

The Europeans are going to bop us over the head... *hides*
Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
consistency
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Atomic Infinity said:

lol yes I did that too for a while, looking for real moths.

Anyway, I just updated the original cipher post to add another letter that occurs on the bridges.

I can't see any more different runes, so hopefully that's all there is to find so far.

I'll have to agree with the other people that you deserve the WIN even if all of the letters aren't finished simply because there aren't yet enough runes to complete it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

The Europeans are going to bop us over the head... *hides*

I don't even think we Brits are calling ourselves Europeans any more 😜 

Edited by Marigold Devin
I'll get bopped on the head for that one no doubt - but please not here on this thread
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, DeltaGemini said:

Nice! Your "E"; "I" "A" and "S" are misplaced, though. You also forgot to place the D that looks like a weird 8
My movable caesar wheel: (photoshop transform bwahaha)
pkUIIYZ.jpg

Your A & E look just like what he has in his picture, and exactly like what Patch gave us (other than maybe not so sharply drawn), so how are they 'misplaced'?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

Merriam-Webster disagrees.  😁

England, the English and the native English language predate Merriam-Webster by 879 years. Therefore native English wins by default. 😜

Your argument is exactly the same as a Quebec-Canadian arguing the validity of the spelling of native French in France....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Atomic Infinity said:

ohhhhkayyyy :D

The sign says 'Molethra Gigantica Ride'.

The runes on the buildings say Welcome weary traveler stay a while and listen

The runes on the bridges say : Lake traveler

Cipher pic attached, I need more runes to fill in the other blanks.

cipher.jpg

We have declared Atomic as the winner!  Great job!   We'll be in touch regarding your account.  😁

Thank you to those who participated, we hope you had some fun with this.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

England, the English and English English predate Merriam-Webster by 979 years. Therefore we win by default. 😜

/Me packs up an enormous box of nits and a pair of tiny tweezers and sends them off to Sarah.

Congrats to Atomic, well deserved!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Your A & E look just like what he has in his picture, and exactly like what Patch gave us (other than maybe not so sharply drawn), so how are they 'misplaced'?

Naw, I meant on the paper. The I and the E are a bit similar, like the A and the D. It just made my head a bit confused.

• Like 2

@Patch Linden Now that Atomic has been declared the winner (congrats again!), could you please give the full cipher translation, including all numerals and other symbols if they also exist?

Also, will this Fantasseria font be available to use publicly as a TFF TrueTypeFont file? I can see that this font could be quite attractive to those who wish to use it in PhotoShop to create things for their Fantasseria homes and other related items.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.