Save my shoes!

AilineJoanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really couldn't decide which forum this should go into. If it needs to move, please fix it.

Quite a while ago I discovered that my favorite pair of heels are now unusable. These shoes predate mesh feet becoming ubiquitous, but I still love them.

The problem is that there is an update script in the shoes. Said update script is erroring with "Too many erroneous (5XX) HTTP responses too fast." I can't fix the problem because the shoes and the script are No Mod. Nor can I delete the script.

I have reached out to the creator, who I won't name and shame, numerous times but have received no response. Even though the shop is still active on the MP, the creator hasn't logged in since 2018. I've tried notecards, messages - you name it.

In short - I need to figure out HOW to get the damn script out of my shoes. Or some method of preventing the thing from running non stop spamming me with error messages.

I'm assuming there is no solution, short of getting LL to step in. Which is probably hard to get them to do.

Suggestions?

21 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

I've no idea if this will work, but maybe blocking/muting them will also stop you receiving the error messages?

I thank you for the suggestion. I had to admit that never occurred to me.

Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem as I'm still getting the errors  :(

34 minutes ago, AilineJoanne said:

I really couldn't decide which forum this should go into. If it needs to move, please fix it.

Quite a while ago I discovered that my favorite pair of heels are now unusable. These shoes predate mesh feet becoming ubiquitous, but I still love them.

The problem is that there is an update script in the shoes. Said update script is erroring with "Too many erroneous (5XX) HTTP responses too fast." I can't fix the problem because the shoes and the script are No Mod. Nor can I delete the script.

I have reached out to the creator, who I won't name and shame, numerous times but have received no response. Even though the shop is still active on the MP, the creator hasn't logged in since 2018. I've tried notecards, messages - you name it.

In short - I need to figure out HOW to get the damn script out of my shoes. Or some method of preventing the thing from running non stop spamming me with error messages.

I'm assuming there is no solution, short of getting LL to step in. Which is probably hard to get them to do.

Suggestions?

You might not be getting a response from the creator because they could have died in real life, but the Marketplace would not necessarily know that.

Sometimes it really is just time to buy a new pair of shoes, but save the old ones in a box of special items to test again at a later date is what I would do. 

• Like 4

I have to go with @Emma Krokus.  Post a picture of them.  There is probably a newer shoes quite similar as there are only so many ways to make a shoe.  It may not be exact but perhaps close enough.  

I just recently tossed out some shoes whose HUD apparently could no longer communicate with a server.  Nice shoes but going through inventory, I found similar ones.  Textures were basically the only difference.

• Like 2

Thanks for the input everyone.

As Marigold mentioned, it may well not be the creators fault that she is unresponsive and hasn't logged in, so I prefer not to name her or show a picture of the product.

I probably could find a shoe which is quite close to the shoe in question, in terms of outward appearance. But it would lack other details which this shoe has. And of course the memories associated with this particular pair of shoes.

I suspect that the reason for the error is that the server it's trying to communicate with is rejecting the attempt, which would explain why it spams me with error messages. It's a shame that the creator of the script didn't allow for that.

As Lucia pointed out, the problem is that the shoes are 'no mod'. I have relatively few items which are no mod, so I guess it's a minor problem in the big picture.

• 5 months later...

I kind of wanna know what's up with all the tip toe shoes that are supposed to be flats. I bought the most ADORABLE pair of shoes, only to realize that  they aren't flat. I thought the ad was just an ad, and surely they wouldn't be on the tiptoes. There was no demo, but seller gave me my money back. Is it a "thing" or am I just not putting them on right?

2 hours ago, Halo Fatale said:

I kind of wanna know what's up with all the tip toe shoes that are supposed to be flats. I bought the most ADORABLE pair of shoes, only to realize that  they aren't flat. I thought the ad was just an ad, and surely they wouldn't be on the tiptoes. There was no demo, but seller gave me my money back. Is it a "thing" or am I just not putting them on right?

It's been a thing pretty much since mesh bodies came around.  Some stores include tippy toe and flat versions of some shoes.  I know Reign include both with some of their flip flops and sneakers.

4 hours ago, Halo Fatale said:

They really are tippy-toe shoes.   SL is full of all sorts of stupid fads.

6 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Want to know what wearing toe shoes can do to your feet? It's a peeve of mine since I'm paying for the damage now. 

Dancer's feet

That is like all kinds of problems that carry through to the rest of your whole body..

Ya, we were meant to walk on the balls of our feet and not impact the joints..

We're not even supposed to be impacting our heels. It's supposed to be like a spring in our step, not a thud, thud  thud thud.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 7:10 AM, AilineJoanne said:

Suggestions?

Do the shoes still work if you switch your avi to pre mesh? If so then just keep them to use in that mode.

36 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Seeing as this post is six months old, i would hope they figured it out by now...

Someone else highjacked the thread revived it with a question which was answered.

Edited by Rowan Amore

2 hours ago, Madison10292018 said:

Do the shoes still work if you switch your avi to pre mesh? If so then just keep them to use in that mode.

Sadly no.

I tried everything possible but I can't remove the offending script so the shoes are unusable.

My only remaining option is to seduce a Linden to the Dark Side ... :(

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, AilineJoanne said:

Sadly no.

I tried everything possible but I can't remove the offending script so the shoes are unusable.

My only remaining option is to seduce a Linden to the Dark Side ... :(

I'm sorry for laughing but... the Dark Side... cookies...

image.png.4f1e14c10b0d93452377a07c4ca79b38.png

3062d633027b8199ad031180ff63ffd5.jpg

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.