soul stealer - what that do on avatars

Mellowdy6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

Today, playing with a guy in a sim he told me to take a shower in his room. I did it but immediately i got a message saying my souls is stolen. I said him it was not fair to dont tell me what it happened. He said that stealer shower dont do nothing on my avi. But now i m so scared. I would like to know what make this soul stealer device. Have it effect on my avi or is it just for funny effect?

I hope that is not like bloodline system.

Have a nice day

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Some vamps have told me I was a ghoul and that someone had bitten me in the past..

I said, I hope I'm so ghouly looking that it makes those vamps puke.. hehehe

The ones in the game are the only ones that can tell.. There is nothing for you to worry about.. It's just players getting cheap points for their games..

Hi, @Mellowdy6! There's good news, and there's bad news.

The good news is, like everyone else is telling you, avatars don't have "souls" and anyone or anything that tells you it's "stolen your soul" can be safely ignored. It's all just roleplay, and if you don't choose to play along, nothing says you have to.

The bad news is, there actually is a device called "soul stealer". If you accept its request to animate your avatar, it takes the animation permission permanently. Then its owner can force your avatar to do any animation they choose, whenever both of you are in the same region. This prank can be put into an object you sit on, and sitting on it (or getting on a pose ball in a shower) is the same as granting permission.

Your "friend" now can animate your avatar.  However, he can only do this if both of you are in the same region. So just un-friend and block him and stay away.

If you use the Firestorm viewer, you can also navigate to Avatar > Avatar Health > Animation > Stop Animations and Revoke Permissions to get an unwanted animation to stop. A clever opponent can get it to start up again, but not all opponents are that clever.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chris Nova said:
6 hours ago, Mellowdy6 said:

Hello everyone,

Today, playing with a guy in a sim he told me to take a shower in his room. I did it 

welp.

So no comment about the creeps who feel it's okay to go against the will of others and control them without permission?  You're just going to blame the victim?

• Confused 4

25 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Hi, @Mellowdy6! There's good news, and there's bad news.

The good news is, like everyone else is telling you, avatars don't have "souls" and anyone or anything that tells you it's "stolen your soul" can be safely ignored. It's all just roleplay, and if you don't choose to play along, nothing says you have to.

The bad news is, there actually is a device called "soul stealer". If you accept its request to animate your avatar, it takes the animation permission permanently. Then its owner can force your avatar to do any animation they choose, whenever both of you are in the same region. This prank can be put into an object you sit on, and sitting on it (or getting on a pose ball in a shower) is the same as granting permission.

Your "friend" now can animate your avatar.  However, he can only do this if both of you are in the same region. So just un-friend and block him and stay away.

If you use the Firestorm viewer, you can also navigate to Avatar > Avatar Health > Animation > Stop Animations and Revoke Permissions to get an unwanted animation to stop. A clever opponent can get it to start up again, but not all opponents are that clever.

So no way to restore animations back to the avi? Or is that something you might need to lodge a ticket for.....

16 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

So no comment about the creeps who feel it's okay to go against the will of others and control them without permission?  You're just going to blame the victim?

It was clearly said tongue in cheek. But if you insist the OP is a victim, then she's a victim lacking common sense. Who in their right mind would listen to a stranger and take a shower in their bathroom for no reason? She navigated herself right into the situation by sheer....you catch my drift.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:
28 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It was clearly said tongue in cheek. But if you insist the OP is a victim, then she's a victim lacking common sense. Who in their right mind would listen to a stranger and take a shower in their bathroom for no reason? She navigated herself right into the situation by sheer....you catch my drift.

I don't believe for a minute it was said "tongue in cheek" -- the reason is because I've seen much condemnation of victims by this poster AND there is a strong tendency for quite a few to blame new posters for their problem when they come to the forum and share it. Sometimes it may be that the poster with the problem does indeed need to take responsibility and is to blame for it, so of course I don't have an issue with others pointing this out, but many times they are innocent or at the very least we don't really know if they are responsible for the problem.

She consented to taking a shower -- she did not consent to someone taking control of her for God's sake. And she was playing with this person, she said (sex game, roleplay....we don't know). But we do know this was not a random stranger.
If I was involved in roleplay on a sim and somebody asked me to check out the shower there's a good chance I'd do so. I'd have no notion that some kind of control would then be foisted onto me. If a random person on any sim told me to take a shower of course I wouldn't -- but this was no random person.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't believe for a minute it was said "tongue in cheek" -- the reason is because I've seen much condemnation of victims by this poster AND there is a strong tendency for quite a few to blame new posters for their problem when they come to the forum and share it. Sometimes it may be that the poster with the problem does indeed need to take responsibility and is to blame for it, so of course I don't have an issue with others pointing this out, but many times they are innocent or at the very least we don't really know if they are responsible for the problem.

She consented to taking a shower -- she did not consent to someone taking control of her for God's sake. And she was playing with this person, she said (sex game, roleplay....we don't know). But we do know this was not a random stranger.
If I was involved in roleplay on a sim and somebody asked me to check out the shower there's a good chance I'd do so. I'd have no notion that some kind of control would then be foisted onto me. If a random person on any sim told me to take a shower of course I wouldn't -- but this was no random person.

It was someone she had only met that day, so clearly he was/is a stranger.

1 minute ago, So Whimsy said:

It was someone she had only met that day, so clearly he was/is a stranger.

Where did she say she met this person that day?  All I see is:

"Today, playing with a guy in a sim he told me to take a shower in his room".

This means she is engaging in the roleplay that very day...it does not mean she just met him that very day.

However, what if she did just meet him that very day? Many happen upon roleplay sims and begin engaging immediately, thinking it's an honest game and without any notion of someone permanently taking control of their avatar.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

I used to be like her. Still am to some extent. It's not a lack of common sense but the human need to socialize and humans being jerks to one another, to put it mildly. "Pranks" like this are just one of the myriad of reasons why I usually avoid people. It's not fun or funny to the victim. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

But we do know this was not a random stranger.

No we don't.    But even if it were, it's best to discuss some aspects of the RP beforehand with anyone.  

With that said, before engaging in any RP in SL, it's always wise to learn about the different options and restrictions in regards to your avatar.  

Also, having a quick read through their profile, they might want to add a few more Limits.   Beware, NSFW.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Out of all the comments here, you chose to respond to mine? Target much? Don't go there. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.