There is more to Fantasy than elves and their architecture

Chris Corvinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles

We have always been fully aware that "fantasy" has a huge variety of styles under its umbrella. In the end we had to chose just one of those to call 'Linden Homes - Fantasy' and in the end we chose one we thought would have the broadest appeal within that genre. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

We have always been fully aware that "fantasy" has a huge variety of styles under its umbrella. In the end we had to chose just one of those to call 'Linden Homes - Fantasy' and in the end we chose one we thought would have the broadest appeal within that genre. 

I'm very disappointed.  You could have gone with this:

1405106951_fantasyisland.jpg.7dbd647bd6af053d9a7d7eb9d3d1d04a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

20 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

This is why aliens won’t visit us

I had a conversation with some aliens after reading your response.  They assured me that they feel very free to visit any parcel in Belli, and indeed, I welcome our many-hued and/or hexapod overlords.  Or underlords, as the case may be.  They do not feel compelled to limit themselves to a single bare mountaintop in Logland, even if it does have mashed potatoes.

To my eyes, a modest number of tasteful spaceships should be welcome in ANY theme!

Tasteless spaceships *eyes Rabid suspiciously* probably will prefer to roam mainland skies, security orbs notwithstanding. *tilts her head snootily*

😈

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I had a conversation with some aliens after reading your response.  They assured me that they feel very free to visit any parcel in Belli, and indeed, I welcome our many-hued and/or hexapod overlords.  Or underlords, as the case may be.  They do not feel compelled to limit themselves to a single bare mountaintop in Logland, even if it does have mashed potatoes.

To my eyes, a modest number of tasteful spaceships should be welcome in ANY theme!

Tasteless spaceships *eyes Rabid suspiciously* probably will prefer to roam mainland skies, security orbs notwithstanding. *tilts her head snootily*

😈

UFO_001.thumb.png.f0a3b1a05a8b5c0f01432f96cc714d4a.png

101651081_UFO2_001.thumb.png.84aebfbe0fd7198ee238ad5a0c0aa886.png

And no mashed potatoes, but this is where I'd park my UFO:

1536855288_CreepyHeadMountainfinal.png.b9146806697ca7c003cf45e840b58723.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

• 4 weeks later...

If you would seriously be interested in a cave style house come and take a look at Mount Campion Caves National Forest and send me a notecard if you would like me to add a cave house or two off the cave system there.  Maybe give me some idea what you would like in a cave house.   We have the largest natural cave system in second life.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Spinach/115/93/268

Marz (Mar Scarmon)

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 8:47 PM, Mar Scarmon said:

If you would seriously be interested in a cave style house come and take a look at Mount Campion Caves National Forest and send me a notecard if you would like me to add a cave house or two off the cave system there.  Maybe give me some idea what you would like in a cave house.   We have the largest natural cave system in second life.

Marz (Mar Scarmon)

Caves would be interesting. I still would love to somehow see mermaid underwater homes. 

• Like 3

On 10/22/2021 at 9:47 PM, Mar Scarmon said:

Marz (Mar Scarmon)

@Mar ScarmonWow!  These caves are spectacular! 

The only thing that makes me a bit sad about the fanatsy theme is, that the "fantasy" stops dead in its tracks once you enter the houses. They just look normal. You would need to pull out an arm and a leg to make medival/fanatsy themed furniture not look out of place in what just looks like another trad from the inside. So even for an elf, this is... a bit meh.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

The only thing that makes me a bit sad about the fanatsy theme is, that the "fantasy" stops dead in its tracks once you enter the houses. They just look normal. You would need to pull out an arm and a leg to make medival/fanatsy themed furniture not look out of place in what just looks like another trad from the inside. So even for an elf, this is... a bit meh.

I had the same feeling, from the outside they look amazing, but the interior just seems so normal and modern

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 9:12 PM, Chris Nova said:

Its just disappointing that all the "fantasy" homes are all elven styled architecture.

Next Linden homes theme is outer space, and nothing will be allowed at ground level except moon rock, while all the homes will be mini space stations in the sky. Fairy lights and tinsel optional.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

There's no reason why the house has to look like a regular house inside if you don't want it to. I don't have any need for a kitchen or bedroom or stuff like that. I just filled mine with fun stuff and mushrooms.

I don’t bother with a kitchen or bedroom either, I think next time I have a fantasy home I’m going to use some of the LI allowance doing something fun with the walls

On 9/16/2021 at 9:39 PM, Chris Nova said:

This is why aliens won’t visit us

Aliens wont visit us because last month we were lobotomizing pumpkins for candy and this month we are stuffing bread up a dead turkeys butt and cooking it. Next month we will be sticking a tree up an angels butt.. 

Can you blame the aliens for staying away?

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.