Where did our "kudos" points go?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have had a message today about work being done on the forums.  I just logged in tot post the color of the week and noted that my "community reputation" kudos number was missing -- along with everyone else's.   

If I click on the POST number in the sidebar it takes me to a page like this.

image.thumb.png.445f4bec86234ba1d146a08aa489446b.png

Which also is missing the kudos number.  I worked hard for those 20K "thumbs up"s . I am not happy they are now gone. 

IF I click on my profile photo in top floater or in the sidebar I get to this "old" page that has been around since the forums were changed years ago.  I am wondering why we now have to take extra steps to see that kudos number.  

image.thumb.png.493ac9413ce87aa8d924272f96e4127b.png

I LIKE seeing those points -- especially with folks I am not familiar with.  

HMMMMMM.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
clarifying statement
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

FWIW if you click on a forum-person's name you go directly to the page with their fancy points in green on the left. No "extra steps".

And, if you click on the green bit you can see a breakdown of all their different reactions.

For @Chic Aeon for example:

Reactions Given

Like1657
Thanks527
Haha289
Confused5
Sad15

Reactions Received

Like18260
Thanks1505
Haha292
Confused40
Sad101
Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Thanks 1

Yes I noted that in my OP  - clicking on the picture gets you to the page with the green rectangle BUT clicking on the photo IS an extra step ---  we never had to do that before; the ratings were right there with the post numbers.   

:SwingingFriends:

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

See here:  

Sorry. I never saw that post -- maybe because of the note at the top of the page for a long while saying that posts might not be posting for everyone  (well DUH).  Didn't mean to start a new thread.   

Honestly after my last fun forum experience you have no doubt noticed that I don't post much any more.  So I guess this isn't a biggie.  I will definitely finish the 52 colors though.     

They can merge this with Omar's thread.    

10 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Sorry. I never saw that post -- maybe because of the note at the top of the page for a long while saying that posts might not be posting for everyone  (well DUH).  Didn't mean to start a new thread. 

I didn't care about a new thread on it.  I simply posted the link to the other thread because the thread contained the answers you wanted, along with all the various opinions us forum folks give on any given topic.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

the ratings were right there with the post numbers. 

Where they should be! 

Humans do not accept change well. The more changes and the more frequently those changes occur, the unhappier LL's customers will be.

I used to work for a company called ACS (now Xerox) and they were always changing things and keeping the workers in an uproar. It wasn't long before we all started calling it Always Changing Sh*t. And not in a nice way.

LL, you do not want people to start calling LL ACS. LL is very, very close to crossing that line.

57 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Where they should be! 

Humans do not accept change well. The more changes and the more frequently those changes occur, the unhappier LL's customers will be.

I used to work for a company called ACS (now Xerox) and they were always changing things and keeping the workers in an uproar. It wasn't long before we all started calling it Always Changing Sh*t. And not in a nice way.

LL, you do not want people to start calling LL ACS. LL is very, very close to crossing that line.

OMG! Could you be any more dramatic? It's a tiny little forum change.

16 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I worked hard for mine, too, Chic. 

Figures, the one place that stupid number means something to me and as usual, it gets taken away. Pretty soon there won't be much point (if any at all) to even going online any more.

Not all changes are for the better.

If this is what makes you think that there is no more point in going online then you need to reevaluate.

I also lament that they did away with the kudos number. I had just breached 3,000.

What annoy's me most though is the abbreviation of ones forum posts. I can live without the Kudos but I want to see the exact number of my posts.

High school has nothing to do with it. I left that crap behind over 40 years ago. I never even participated in the stupid crap people did in high school like slam books and the other juvenile crap most students pull. I wasn't  white enough for them.

I have different reasons and I do not have to explain those reasons to anyone. Don't like it? Too bad. I know where I stand and I know where the door is. If I leave, there won't be any coming back to SL or the forums. Not this time. I've put up with way too much BS for the past 18 years. Not going to put up with any more. It's not up to you.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

3KXohMz.png

*sighs* I liked them they way they were, there was nothing wrong with that.

This is all just extra steps.

I know right! After a hard day at work I don't want to have to move my pointer over 2 inches to hover over something to see how many posts that they've made!  Besides, the number is rounded up so it looks like people have made MORE posts than they actually have. That's a huge difference when they say someone posted 4.2k posts and it's actually only 4,072.  I call for a strike of the forum until they put it back the way it was.  It's all so 2021 now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.