Can't rez my new pot of flowers in my house?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, MoiraKathleen said:

We're just trying to cover the different scenarios that can result in that message. 

The best protections against getting that message (and potentially having no-copy items disappear) are to create a flat prim that you can rez items onto, or rez the item on the bare ground just outside your house, and making sure that you are dragging the item to the flat prim or ground right next to your feet, and then use the edit functions to move the item to it's desired location.  

I understand and I'm grateful for all the advice, it will help in the future. Aside from this minor annoyance I'm very pleased with how the new house is going, I hung all the lace curtains today, got all the furniture in, house plants, paintings hung and it's all looking pretty nice downstairs, but I still want to get the bedrooms upstairs the way I want them. Another bummer though is that my dog is gone, the Zooby german shepherd I had seems to have gone out of production and cannot be revived. I'm bummed. I loved that dog :(

I once lost my club's dance machine that way. L$4,000-worth of no-copy dances, gone. They never came back to my lost & found.

On the plus side, it was an excuse to get a new dance machine with more up-to-date dances, so it was better in the end. But I was gutted, and it cost a lot to replace them.

That's why my club is built of regular prims, and not mesh.

6 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

I understand and I'm grateful for all the advice, it will help in the future. Aside from this minor annoyance I'm very pleased with how the new house is going, I hung all the lace curtains today, got all the furniture in, house plants, paintings hung and it's all looking pretty nice downstairs, but I still want to get the bedrooms upstairs the way I want them. Another bummer though is that my dog is gone, the Zooby german shepherd I had seems to have gone out of production and cannot be revived. I'm bummed. I loved that dog :(

Glad the rest of the decorating is going well for you! 

In regards to the Zooby german shepherd, have you tried contacting a CSR at Zooby?  I've never had a Zooby, so don't know what is possbile, but perhaps they can track it or restore it or something... 

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

I have a linden home, and rezzing on the floor works fine.
My guess, they have plain prim floors inside.

I agree, in most of the new linden homes, rezzing on the floor works fine.  There have been a couple of models though where the items do rez, when you rez it on the floor,  but they rez up in the air, or on the other side  of the wall, or something strange like that - but at least it rezzes and can be moved around.  The OP's issue was that she was trying to rez the item onto a table top.

7 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I have a Linden Home, and rezzing on the floor works fine.
My guess, they have plain prim floors inside.

Nope.  The floors are full mesh.  You can edit the homes and go through link by link and see what is prim and what is mesh.  The only prims are the root piece that anchors it outside the parcel.

I read in the Mesh forum a while back that if the mesh is made properly, there are no issues with rezzing on it, but most creators don't do it correctly.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AnnHerrick said:

Well after the message I got about not being allowed to rez it, the object disappeared altogether, gone into oblivion and I can get it back unless I buy it again. That's not right.

Relogging usually makes.copy items reappear in your inventory

If you have tried to rez on the table and it does not work, rez on the floor as already said.

But use a trick to make sure you rez on the floor itself: Ctrl + alt + T. Push down these 3 tabs together, and you can see all transparent things as red. If the table has a shadow under it, you will see it as a red square or rectangle. You will also see it outside items like carpets. Make sure you rez on the naked floor, not on these transparent parts.

When it is done, the same tabs (Ctrl + alt + T) reset the viewer so you see it normal.

Edit to add: Some furniture does not have shadows under, but built in shadows is very common.

Edited by Marianne Little

14 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Glad the rest of the decorating is going well for you! 

In regards to the Zooby german shepherd, have you tried contacting a CSR at Zooby?  I've never had a Zooby, so don't know what is possbile, but perhaps they can track it or restore it or something... 

Well I got that dog in Marketplace years ago, and not it's not there anymore. There's a pit bull being called Zooby, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same seller, and my original dog has been discontinued. There is a dog retrieval tool to get your dog back that registers it with the name you gave it, and that never works anymore, you just get "default dog" which doesn't work. There was also a sim where you could buy dogs and supplies, and that seems to be gone as well. Bummer in the summer...

14 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Well not in this case. I've relogged several times now, and it's not in Lost and Found, so I guess it's just gone.

This is a long shot but worth the effort to check. If it's not in your inventory after relogging and you can't find it inside your home. Carefully inspect all the area under the land. Many a time I've found the item I was trying to rez actually appeared several meters below where I initially rezzed the object. If you are a FS user, the area search can help you greatly as well. 

Back in the early days of mesh, loosing no-copy items was common. They'd poof and they'd never show back up, but in the past three or so years I've found that it's extremely rare for a no-copy item to poof and not show up in my inventory at some point. I've had the situation where a region restart was required before the item showed back up. So if you can't find it now, don't give up hope. If the item rezzed and somehow ended up in no man's land somewhere in the region it could get returned to you after a region restart.

Edited by Blush Bravin

2 hours ago, AnnHerrick said:

Well not in this case. I've relogged several times now, and it's not in Lost and Found, so I guess it's just gone.

I rezzed a no copy item the other day which 'disappeared'.  When I logged back in later, it was actually back in the original file and NOT lost and found.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.