How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

I was up on my platform this morning and noticed the sky was moving really fast.. I stopped to notice a really beautiful sunrise developing..

The lines are moving away from the sun sideways and making  it kind of like northern lights in a way but at sun rise..

It's really beautiful to see it going on.. I never seen this one before and just had it on shared environment.. A very nice morning surprise. :)

Snapshot_157.thumb.png.68eeffc9b787699474dbcbe4b211cbc3.png

Snapshot_158.thumb.png.3e46f8709f4d87d8d3d8f492af974ca0.png

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Full bright Flexi hair, tail and accessories, rainbow pawticles, lots of bling and glow and circling people going through my old sinewave dances. SL used to be so much fun !!

Snapshot_255.jpg.daec5f732cd19994e62073824e2f0b51.jpg

Those pawprints were great 🤩 I think I have those raver cargo pants! Just need to add some light sticks...

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I flattened my land and was gonna do a new terraform, and I think I angered the land..

Out of nowhere I'm in the middle of a blizzard now.. Don't you just hate when that happens?

I'm gettin some super cereal ccumilations! \o/

1125759544_RLVSetup1_005.thumb.png.9c5ae8d55abb143ad80e968c72f23f05.png

It's neat how it climbs and builds up on the mountains back there.. I may keep it like this.. I love cloudy and snowy.

1171913536_RLVSetup1_006.thumb.png.4205d0dbdcda5ec45f6953f9d7031386.png

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 8

Front left (from interior) corner of my houseboat. Tried to use Black Dragon (I'm sensing a peeve post coming) :::sobs::: I was at fps about 3 for this, with short draw distance, no bells or whistles :::sobs some more::: (I'm missing my defunct desktop that could take photos.)

houseboat corner bd 81022_001.png

demon6 bd_001.png

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Front left (from interior) corner of my houseboat. Tried to use Black Dragon (I'm sensing a peeve post coming) :::sobs::: I was at fps about 3 for this, with short draw distance, no bells or whistles :::sobs some more::: (I'm missing my defunct desktop that could take photos.)

houseboat corner bd 81022_001.png

demon6 bd_001.png

If these photos are straight off of BD, nice work! That second shot is stunning, though it could be improved with a bit of PP. :)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

If these photos are straight off of BD, nice work! That second shot is stunning, though it could be improved with a bit of PP. :)

I never (99.9%) do post-processing. Even my Fickr is all raw. I can debate "improved" with you, but won't, as that tends to be frowned upon in photo threads. Sadly, with this laptop, those two shots took 50 times longer than with the old desktop, and were clearly pushing my laptop to its limits. It just isn't workable. I was very disturbed that the still life of the first shot was so strenuous on it. sigh

• Like 3

Just now, Seicher Rae said:

I never (99.9%) do post-processing. Even my Fickr is all raw. I can debate "improved" with you, but won't, as that tends to be frowned upon in photo threads. Sadly, with this laptop, those two shots took 50 times longer than with the old desktop, and were clearly pushing my laptop to its limits. It just isn't workable. I was very disturbed that the still life of the first shot was so strenuous on it. sigh

That's cool, I've no issues with people that don't like PP. I do it, but try not to go overboard (usually) unless I want something that's abstract or just impossible to do in world.

As far as Black Dragon, I'm glad it works well on my GTX 1050 loaded laptop. Niran's recommended PC specs are well below my laptop's so my frame rates in BD are decent, especially with the latest 4.1.1 release. That's a huge deal with me as I typically run BD in Linux via Wine, not in Windows, but anyway...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeromFranzic said:

That's cool, I've no issues with people that don't like PP. I do it, but try not to go overboard (usually) unless I want something that's abstract or just impossible to do in world.

I forget what I post where, and so realize the "pertinent bits" weren't in this thread. I find/found that doing raw shots vs PP was challenging, like a brain-teaser, creative, etc. It also pushed me to develop my own filters (and so mess around with scripting). 

I don't have a problem with folks who PP, and when it is done well, it is awesome. In fact, before my desktop died, I was "this" close to really starting to learn PhotoShop. As you alluded, it can be overdone. But, I also think you can over do some of the bells and whistles in Black Dragon, most notably the "Dutch angle" or tilted photos (can drive me bats :) ).

There's a real art to PP. There's a real art to raw. Both take skill. ♥

• Like 3