EWWW THAT'S SO GROSS !

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I haven't had a good pizza since I was last up north.. You can't find a good pizza place where I am..

If I was up north right now, I would be cheating on my regular diet, sooo bad right now..

My pizza would have Sausage mushroom onion green peppers and Pineapple on a double dough.. That's my favorite pizza ever.. But I can't ever have it down here, because good pizza places just don't exist here.. hehehe

I can't eat pizza any more. Never should have started eating it in the first place. My body rejects it. Every time.

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I haven't had a good pizza since I was last up north.. You can't find a good pizza place where I am..

But .. You can make pizza yourself, much tastier than most restaurant's pizza and certainly better than the fast food chains' stuff. And when you make it yourself you can put anything you want on it!

• Like 2

Just now, Orwar said:

But .. You can make pizza yourself, much tastier than most restaurant's pizza and certainly better than the fast food chains' stuff. And when you make it yourself you can put anything you want on it!

There are certain pizza places up in Chicago that I love to go to that make really good pizza.. I just miss how they do it is all..

I can make pretty good pizza, but I just miss those really good pizza places and the atmosphere as well..

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Nothing is grosser than okra and tomato.

3743tomatookra.jpg

I'll eat the tomato but I won't touch that slimy okra. Fried okra is a different story. lol

Jen Lewis on Twitter: "Emoji proposal: The vomit emoji but without the vomit…  "

I'd only touch that concoction long enough to pick it up and throw it in the trash.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

I enjoy most of the things posted here as EEW foods, including brussels sprouts, mushrooms, tomatoes, knäckebröd, asperagus, and coffee (Yum!). I definitely draw the line at insects and cheese doodles, but I have eaten a few unusual things in  Asia that very visually unappealing.  I haven't eaten beef in years ( I just don't enjoy it, so why spend good money on it?), but I would eat it to be polite. LOBSTER, on the other hand, is totally disgusting, and so are scrambled eggs and those gross biscuits that they cover with gravy to serve in the free breakfast at cheap motels.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

One can cook it out of them as well.
Over cook them just a tiny bit if you don't like the bitterness in them.
Brussels sprouts is one of my favorite winter dishes (when slightly over cooked)

If you want to chase me away:

asperges-scaled.jpg

The asparagus that magically took root in my grandmother's garden one day is delish, if a bit fibrous sometimes. The store-bought stuff and what you get in restaurants. . . Yeah, that stuff's gross.

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Chitlins.. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?  Just the thought of what they are and what's been through there was and is enough to keep me from even trying them.

Have you ever had any kind of linked sausage,  like Italian sausage or anything like that? That's pretty much what the use for the casing for links.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Have you ever had any kind of linked sausage,  like Italian sausage or anything like that? That's pretty much what the use for the casing for links.

Sausage of any kind is pretty much only edible if you never think about how it is made & what it is made from.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Yeah, I know and if possible, I peel it off to my husband's amusement.  😅

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Sausage of any kind is pretty much only edible if you never think about how it is made & what it is made from.

There are so many foods like that..

Besides the smell, I think that is a big part of why I just can't bring myself to eat any fast foods.. I don't even want to know how they makes the things before they ever get to the franchise... hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

I don't think this is gross (but you might, lol), more unusual...it's called Stargazy Pie and is a traditional Cornish pie baked with sardine heads peering at you from the crust :o

ezgif-3-d5e5fb5a7718.thumb.jpg.c22459fdffafc9d1f3f54389330df24b.jpg

I've never had it though. Or caviar :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

They're all almost all acquired tastes. FTFY.

I can totally see that they'd hate it at first. That said... I LOVE COFFEE! I neeeed coffee! Stat. Now! Maintenant, tout de suite, jetzt, heute, nu meteen gisteren nog, pronto!

[Update]

sogooood.jpg.2d064d9595a01aa5351f5645f05ca141.jpg

Excuse me but, omg so goood!

First Ding-A-Dong and now this?

What special hell do you come from Arduenn?

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I find this concept very peculiar, somehow, and it strikes me as a very modern and very urban concept. And that's coming from a 90's kid brought up in the suburbs and central 'big city'. 

If we slaughter animals for food, then surely, we should let nothing go to waste? In my upbringing, organ foods and blood foods have been part of everyday life, and I'll eat horse just as readily as I'll eat beef, pork, or lamb - sausages are just the perfect way of making use of things which may otherwise go to waste, whether it's off-cuts of fatty bits to produce lean, clean cuts of steaks, or if it's the intestine of animals - none of these pieces of the cadavers are in any way, shape, or form, any less 'food safe' than the muscle tissue is. 

If anything, the things that make my brow furrow when I read the content declaration of processed meat products, it's when they start adding weird things like corn starch, malt sugars, and various preservatives and colourings; sausage making is a form of food preservation, and the colour of the food hardly matters in my mind. I'd sooner feast on chicken hearts and horse gonads than I would sugary breakfast cereals with a mile-long list of artificial carp. I've spent rather sporadic parts of my youth caring for chickens and lambs, and whilst their welfare has always been the number one priority, I've never had any problem eating any parts of an animal I'd feed, water, and pet hours earlier. 

• Like 2

We had rabbits at home in my youth. As a kid I played with them, fed them, but when they got their weight I knew they would end up on the table at home or somewhere else as meat. Never had any problem with that. Because as a small kid I already knew where all the meat came from: animals.

If you don't want to know what is in a sausage, think for a moment from what part of a cow the best beef comes or ham from a pig. ;)

And I agree with Onwar Orwar, horse meat is delicious. It is a shame it is only sparsely available.
And blood foods: Yummy.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I don't think this is gross (but you might, lol), more unusual...it's called Stargazy Pie and is a traditional Cornish pie baked with sardine heads peering at you from the crust :o

ezgif-3-d5e5fb5a7718.thumb.jpg.c22459fdffafc9d1f3f54389330df24b.jpg

I've never had it though. Or caviar :(

Ok now that is definitely EWW! Haven't you ever heard the saying ef em and feed em fish heads? 

It's ok though. I eat crawfish tail but I refuse to suck the head. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Ok now that is definitely EWW! Haven't you ever heard the saying ef em and feed em fish heads? 

No, I never heard that! xD I think the fish heads are just there for decoration but it must be weird having your meal looking back at you...

I also like crawfish! You can buy the tails only in UK supermarkets. I also luv mussels, in garlic, or with lashings of salt and vinegar 😘

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'll suckle those little buggers in places they never knew they had .. And then you gather up the shells with whatever delicious little scraps you couldn't gnaw, lick, or suck away from the carapace and put them in a pot to create a broth for an absolutely astonishing crayfish soup. So good.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

You can make pizza yourself, much tastier than most restaurant's pizza and certainly better than the fast food chains' stuff. And when you make it yourself you can put anything you want on it!

In my case, a fire blanket xD

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

tenor.gif

Oops..... Sorry mate.

My excuse: I have thankfully minor eye sight problems and late at night that doesn't get any better.
Still, I had to check more carefully.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.