EWWW THAT'S SO GROSS !

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Or macaroni salad?

This one >>> https://www.healthyseasonalrecipes.com/italian-pasta-salad/ is similar to what I have made for years.  You could use whatever pasta shape you like -- including macaroni, I suppose -- but I prefer something like the fusilli in this recipe because it traps the dressing and herbs well and is easy to pick up with a fork.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

This one >>> https://www.healthyseasonalrecipes.com/italian-pasta-salad/ is similar to what I have made for years.  You could use whatever pasta shape you like -- including macaroni, I suppose -- but I prefer something like the fusilli in this recipe because it traps the dressing and herbs well and is easy to pick up with a fork.

Hope hubby likes it. I don't eat the stuff. lol

8 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

https://www.theroastedroot.net/3-ingredient-mayo-free-avocado-tuna-salad/

All you need is 3 ingredients:
10 oz tuna, drained
1 ripe avocado
1 to 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, to taste

Mix them all together. Boom. Done.

Sorry but that is no where near tuna salad, no relish, dash of mustard, my own blend of seasonings, no go. And with that much lemon juice, I'd never taste the tuna.

Avocado goes on the side, sliced, with a few dashes of worcestershire sauce.

9 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

For some reason, even though I love any pasta, I never liked these types of pasta salads.  I do one similar to that which uses barley.  No one uses barley anymore.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

No one uses barley anymore.

Barley's fine in salads, but I prefer it in soups and breads. It's a really versatile grain. Cooking it properly so that it doesn't end up either chewy or mushy can be a challenge, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

maxresdefault.jpg

The King Soopers in our area has stopped carrying that specific soup.   Ticks me off because it is one of the few canned soups that I like and I hate going to another grocery store just for one item.  I could make my own, but I have difficulty making soup & stew in small quantities and I don't really have the freezer space to freeze quarts of it.  Thus, last time I wanted some, I ordered a case via Amazon -- I have room for storing dry goods.

• Like 2

I'll keep it brief. Peanut butter is way too sweet for me. As is sticky toffee pudding.

I love black pudding, haggis, sausage. 

Not fussed with lobster. I tried testicles once, but not impressed. Bugs dont interest me.

Sprouts are fantastic, as are asparagus tips. Capers are ok in small doses. 

We don't have much processed food. The local butcher is where we go for sausage etc. Made on site, from local produce.

10 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

See related image detail

The funny thing is I would eat Tete de Cochon which is Hog's Head cheese in America, with no problem. When I was little, I would eat it with my grandfather while he watched Habs games. I found out what it was when I was older and that it really had nothing to do with cheese.

Smokehowze's Cajun "Hog Head" Cheese - Pork Recipes | Hog head cheese  recipe, Head cheese, Souse recipe

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

The funny thing is I would eat Tete de Cochon which is Hog's Head cheese in America, with no problem. When I was little, I would eat it with my grandfather while he watched Habs games. I found out what it was when I was older and that it really had nothing to do with cheese.

Smokehowze's Cajun "Hog Head" Cheese - Pork Recipes | Hog head cheese  recipe, Head cheese, Souse recipe

Better Hog Head Cheese (no 's):

Hogshead_Nolafoodgoddess.jpg

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

On 6/28/2021 at 12:15 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

Got one for tuna salad?

Maybe I'm just weird, but IMO peanut-butter (preferably the unsugared kind) and tuna (preferably packed in oil, not water) pair quite nicely and you can then add celery and other things to taste. Works well as a sandwich.

• Sad 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.