EWWW THAT'S SO GROSS !

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've experienced hunger in my lifetime when I was much younger, so there isn't much that's been listed that I wouldn't eat. However, I do have preferences.   I would (and have) eaten a bug.  I want to not recognize it as a bug though,  so fry it up and grind it into a protein powder or something.  That way I know what I'm eating, but I don't have to recognize it.  I feel the same about most things people find gross.  I hate the texture of gummie candies, but if I'm hungry, I'd deal.  I prefer not to eat raw tomatoes, so I cook them.  I've never had caviar. I hear it's salty, but the idea of fish eggs is not gross.  I don't think I've ever eaten tongue, brains or intestines, but I learned not to ask as a kid.  When I lived in Louisiana on the bayou sucking the heads of crawfish (crayfish/crawdads) was a thing.  I stuck to the tails.  Hungry people are not picky.  I have even tried pineapple on pizza.  It's not my first choice, but I wouldn't turn it down.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

If you are afraid of the nightshade family's poison, don't forget that the potatoes, aubergines, hot peppers and bell peppers are members of that family too.
People who get allergic reactions because of that are really scr*wed.

I have an allergy to something commonly found on or in the skin of tomatoes, once cooked they are fine.  I don't like raw peppers much, and seldom consider eating uncooked potatoes, so they are not an issue either.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Orwar said:

But .. You can make pizza yourself, much tastier than most restaurant's pizza and certainly better than the fast food chains' stuff. And when you make it yourself you can put anything you want on it!

And you can make the base yourself really easily too.  The secret is Italian doppio-00 flour.

I make the dough at breakfast, let it rise in the fridge all day, roll out about tea time (English name for 4pm), and put the topping on  just before cooking.  I cook for one, mine are HUGE.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 11:35 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

I'll start - Kapers / Capers. Whatever the hell these things are, don't tell me.

DELICIOUS. These salty little guys pop in your mouth when you bite down on them. The flavour is kind of between pickled olives and..well pickles. Great in salads and with bagels & locks.

So do yourself a favour and try these salty balls.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I like it too. With the exception of the asparagus pee stench .

It is the asparagus pee stench, visual pollution at the greengrocers and acres and acres of wasted soil.
There should be laws in place against that stuff to protect the innocent.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

DELICIOUS. These salty little guys pop in your mouth when you bite down on them. The flavour is kind of between pickled olives and..well pickles. Great in salads and with bagels & locks.

So do yourself a favour and try these salty balls.

🤢🤮🧶 

🧶 

🧶      🧶

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

It is the asparagus pee stench, visual pollution at the greengrocers and acres and acres of wasted soil.
There should be laws in place against that stuff to protect the innocent.

I feel i should admit that i am one of those that gets the Asparagus pee stink really really bad.. and really quickly, like within minutes of eating it my pee will stink. We went to have Easter dinner at a buffet at our local hotel the year before rona and i had several helpings of bacon wrapped asparagus with my eggs benedict, after a glass of water and a cuppa joe i hit the loo. Walked out of the stall and while washing my hands someone walked into it. The cloud of green funk that i left in there. I mean, it was palpable. You could taste it in the air. I felt very sorry for him as he was cussing out "the last a$$ who was in here!" 

As for food yucks. I dont like fried liver, I HATE canned/frozen peas, not big on smoked herring or Baconfish as my kids named it, but aside from those, i have tried so many things over the years that i can say i am most definitely not a picky eater. Rocky mountain oysters are very good with red sauce or cocktail sauce. 

I am however deathly allergic to peppers. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I feel i should admit that i am one of those that gets the Asparagus pee stink really really bad.. and really quickly, like within minutes of eating it my pee will stink. We went to have Easter dinner at a buffet at our local hotel the year before rona and i had several helpings of bacon wrapped asparagus with my eggs benedict, after a glass of water and a cuppa joe i hit the loo. Walked out of the stall and while washing my hands someone walked into it. The cloud of green funk that i left in there. I mean, it was palpable. You could taste it in the air. I felt very sorry for him as he was cussing out "the last a$$ who was in here!"

Maybe you got lucky and he was one of those folks that don't smell it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe you got lucky and he was one of those folks that don't smell it.

Sadly, from the retching and gagging sounds he was making.. I think he could smell it very well. :)

50 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

3D sound | Microphone, Microphones, Free space

ASMR licking this.

Pokes my want to murder button.

I plead the fifth.. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I'd rather eat pineapple pizza or even casu marzu than touch anything containing Satan's slime.

24-reasons-mayonnaise-is-the-devils-cond 

Mayo is good for a few things.  It is kind of hard to make a decent egg salad or potato salad without a little mayo.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.