New Website

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It looks the same to me as it did yesterday.  If someone manages a screenshot of the difference, that would be nice.

Same for me. I'm seeing the one with the blue avatar that may or may not be from inworld.

Are we supposed to be seeing something different?

• Like 2

If you are fat in RL you don't feel represented either.
Duh....... In The Netherlands we have a saying that if you want to beat a dog it is always easy to find a stick.

It looks professional, well made and inviting.
It shows that you can dream your world once inside.
A good first impression IMHO. And that's why it is made I guess.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

https://storage.googleapis.com/sl_mktg/hero-video.mp4

That is in place for the blue lady picture for me.
I hope the link works.

It is shown bigger and integrated with some text on the website page.
And it is played in loop modus.

That video is something I've not seen before.  Not bad except that nobody's SL is going to look like that unless the person has a nice gaming computer.

• Like 2

If you only have an Atari game console it is even worse.
😱

And now I'm tiptoeing out of this thread, because I feel a lot of the usual LL bashing ahead.
The light blue should have been light purple, the a**es fatter, the eyes further apart, the lips bigger. the moon brighter, no ...... bodies in it, there was no ferret on display,,,,,,,,,, and and and.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

If you only have an Atari game console it is even worse.
😱

And now I'm tiptoeing out of this thread, because I feel a lot of the usual LL bashing ahead.
The light blue should have been light purple, the a**es fatter, the eyes further apart, the lips bigger. the moon brighter, no ...... bodies in it, there was no ferret in on display,,,,,,,,,, and and and.

Gotta love the SL forum   :)

• Like 2

I am happy that they included avatars. I do not understand the professionally costumes and makeup on the RL people. Do you need SL if you have access to dress up like that in RL?

More true to have the average Joe and Jane to represent RL and how they can use SL as a creative outlet.

But would the truth be too sad, and it is better to show pretty RL people in wonderful costumes?

Edit: How can I understand the meaning, the idea here? Am I just daft that don't see the obvious? Beautiful RL people because....

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

RL people dreaming another world perhaps?  Hence the mix of dressed up people and SL avatars in the clip?

(Isn't that where SL is all about? Your world, Your imagination and such.)

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

Not sure i like it 100%, it seems to be a mix of SL and non SL content, blue flashing lights that could be an issue for someone with photo sensitive epilepsy and a whole load of disappointment when someone logs in to SL for the first time and finds it's nothing like the glossy vid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Nova said:

The  homepage looks great. Aside from the forums, the rest of the website still looks like a dated mess.

it was ported away from one csm to another and than to stand alone, it's kept the same lithium branded look since that time,  they need another hosted solution,  but I'm not sure whom offers it?  maybe the forum people they are currently hosting with have a solution for them?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.