Second Life Roads Speed Limit

Mikkoto Takeda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Second Life Roads has mostly 2 lane and It's no clear speed limits for the car drivers around the sl mainland and private regions around second life. and I'll suggested an Speed Limit of Second Life Mainland to enforce with SL Highway Police Groups around the Mainland Regions. The Speed Limit of Second Life Mainland is Inspired from The Russian/Kazakhstan/Ukraine Speed Limits. The Suggested Speed Limit of Mainland Second Life are followed below

30-60 Km/h (18-38 mph) City/Community Area and Linden Homes Roads

50-90 km/h (31-56 mph) Linden/Private owned 2-4 Lane Roads/Highway (outside Built-Up Area)

70-130 km/h (44-81 mph) Linden Controlled Access Highways

These Speed Limit Rule will be enforced to Second Life Highway Police Groups to reduces accidents and promotes Road Safety in Second Life Mainland Driving to Regulate the fast drivers of SL Mainlands including Chopper Riders/Racing Cars that does the fast driving on the mainland Roads in Second Life including Bellisseria Roads.

Edited by anuk2939mk2
minor edits
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Yeah most cars that I have, do not come with any speedo or hud,  so that's a real thing, how do you limit a car to a speed when you have no hud, plus you going to script a device to keep them at those speeds? as most cars you press the up arrow and it's side open, even with gearing.

1 hour ago, anuk2939mk2 said:

The Second Life Roads has mostly 2 lane and It's no clear speed limits for the car drivers around the sl mainland and private regions around second life. and I'll suggested an Speed Limit of Second Life Mainland to enforce with SL Highway Police Groups around the Mainland Regions. The Speed Limit of Second Life Mainland is Inspired from The Russian/Kazakhstan/Ukraine Speed Limits. The Suggested Speed Limit of Mainland Second Life are followed below

50-90 km/h (31-56 mph) Linden/Private owned 2-4 Lane Roads/Highway (outside Built-Up Area)

These Speed Limit Rule will be enforced to Second Life Highway Police Groups to reduces accidents and promotes Road Safety in Second Life Mainland Driving to Regulate the fast drivers of SL Mainlands including Chopper Riders/Racing Cars that does the fast driving on the mainland Roads in Second Life including Bellisseria Roads.

You can't be serious. WHY IN THE H*LL would I want speed limits in Second Life?  I'll assume this was a joke and we all had a good laugh. As Sylvia said...um NO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You can't be serious. WHY IN THE H*LL would I want speed limits in Second Life?  I'll assume this was a joke and we all had a good laugh. As Sylvia said...um NO.

Or they're smoking something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, anuk2939mk2 said:

back in the day there were quite a number of self-anointed police groups in SL. Some of them were set up for role playing, more for fun than anything else. Others ended up getting carried away and turned into self-anointed vigilantes. Which some cases fell off the precipice into harassment of other people, and then further down into the bottomless pit of griefing

this said there is nothing to stop anyone starting up a Local Ordinance Highway Patrol. Get themselves a patrol officer uniform and a police pursuit vehicle, then hide out on the side of the road with their scripted cop radar.  When a vehicle comes past, going faster than the made up speed limit for the Local Ordinance patrol area then whiz out behind them with lights flashing and siren blaring. And yelling in the open chat for them to pull over

some people will pull over. Then can say they are over the speed limit and they have to leave their vehicle on the side of the road and get in your car and you gunna take them to the local gaol and lock them up.  Which some people will do, because why not, seems like a fun thing to do

way back in the day this used to happen on Noob Island.  They had this Police Station which gave a police uniform and a police car. Then drive round Noob Island looking for traffic violations. The main violation was picking people up for jaywalking in the road (not staying on the foot paths). Some people when the got accosted would go oh! ok, and jump in the police car and say you got me!  Better than wandering round not sure what else to do here

• Haha 4

Just now, Mollymews said:

back in the day there were quite a number of self-anointed police groups in SL. Some of them were set up for role playing, more for fun than anything else. Others ended up getting carried away and turned into self-anointed vigilantes. Which some cases fell off the precipice into harassment of other people, and then further down into the bottomless pit of griefing

this said there is nothing to stop anyone starting up a Local Ordinance Highway Patrol. Get themselves a patrol officer uniform and a police pursuit vehicle, then hide out on the side of the road with their scripted cop radar.  When a vehicle comes past, going faster than the made up speed limit for the Local Ordinance patrol area then whiz out behind them with lights flashing and siren blaring. And yelling in the open chat for them to pull over

some people will pull over. Then can say they are over the speed limit and they have to leave their vehicle on the side of the road and get in your car and you gunna take them to the local gaol and lock them up.  Which some people will do, because why not, seems like a fun thing to do

way back in the day this used to happen on Noob Island.  They had this Police Station which gave a police uniform and a police car. Then drive round Noob Island looking for traffic violations. The main violation was picking people up for jaywalking in the road (not staying on the foot paths). Some people when the got accosted would go oh! ok, and jump in the police car and say you got me!  Better than wandering round not sure what else to do here

Please Bring Back an self-anointed Police Group to enforce my Proposed Speed Limit on the Mainland Road as an Roleplay for something!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, anuk2939mk2 said:

Please Bring Back an self-anointed Police Group to enforce my Proposed Speed Limit on the Mainland Road as an Roleplay for something!

Why don't you do it and see who plays along. :) 

• Like 2

Just now, anuk2939mk2 said:

just make your own group. call it something like Highway Patrol. Put in the group description that is a fun police thing, not to be taken seriously. Then dress up as a police, get a police car or bike. Then lurk on the side of busy roads and wait for people to come by, and go from there

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, anuk2939mk2 said:

You are not going to be granted any authority by LL to enforce your RP on anyone. 

Also, 420 was a few days ago. Time to put down the blunt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, anuk2939mk2 said:

https://www.unescap.org/sites/default/files/Main Report - 1 May 2017.pdf Read this Documents about the DEVELOPMENT OF ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE SAFETY FACILITY STANDARDS FOR THE ASIAN HIGHWAY NETWORK!

First...no one is reading that.  Second...what does this have to do with speed limits in a virtual world where there are no accidents or injuries? If you want to play police then join a urban RPing sim and apply to be on their police department. Most communities don't even require you live on the region to participate in their RP.

Besides your profile says you don't mix RL with SL so why do it here?

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
added after I read OP's profile inworld
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think I encountered a speed camera on mainland... I have certainly seen them on private sims. They are a bit of fun and encourage speeding as you try to get the highest speed recorded on it.

But seriously if you are dressing up as a cop for a roleplay... you really need to judge this well and be sure anyone you roleplay with is clear that is all it is otherwise you have moved from adding colour and a bit of fun to griefing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anuk2939mk2 said:

I think you posted this in the wrong section.  Shoiuld have been posted here:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/320-role-play/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

I think I encountered a speed camera on mainland...

there is one down Wellington Road.  When it detects your vehicle going faster than 30mph on the road passed their property. it tells you that you have been fined

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anuk2939mk2 said:

I don't think there are any.

There are various police departments in SL. I've seen someone in a police car driving Route 8 in Satori and dealing with accidents.

At one time, you could dial 911 on any Gentek Telecom phone in SL and be connected to a dispatch center, which would connect you with the appropriate roleplay emergency center (police, fire, SL coast guard) and help move the roleplay along. Sadly, that service is no longer available.

genteknoc_001.thumb.png.3273a6a96938d7a45827d027173bc3f9.png

The lights are out, and no one is there to answer.

First off, any cop in a car sitting on the side of a Mainland road will be sitting there for so long they will give up after an hour or two of no one actually driving by and secondly, the lag and sim crossings make driving a car so unpredictable that you are never really in control of your car lol. Ride a horse or walk like I do, safer, less laggy and you can take the time to stop and smell the roses and great builds and homes that people have created.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.