Stilt Home Decorating - Show us your style

Chic Aeon
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/22/2021 at 6:52 PM, Brilynn Roussel said:

Alright, played with the Havana and decorated a bit, had a bit of a harder time with this one.

havana3.png

havana6.png

havana4.png

havana5.png

Havana1.png

Havana2.png

I'm  a little late to the stilt party as I am just now looking at this thread. The arched wall, I've seen it in many pictures, is this something you created or did you buy it somewhere?  I would really really love to have it for my Havana. Any info on it would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

So… I've finally finished decorating my stilt (well, strictly speaking, decorating is never "finished" but it's finished for now…). Good timing, since my account expires in a few days :-)

If anybody would like a closer look, here's the slurl (it'll land you outside the parcel):
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Harborview%20Wharf/24/54/20

Took far too many pictures, and had a hard time choosing, so I'll do this in two posts. First, the living area. Bedroom and study in the next post.
13 LI left, but nothing is linked. Have done virtually nothing to the outside, apart from some bits and pieces for privacy…

snapshot_009.thumb.jpg.ba8c6d1b3dceacaa6c2189e843656f34.jpgsnapshot_018.thumb.jpg.cd2f0b5983e5cc83d2dfbfbdca362374.jpgsnapshot_073.thumb.jpg.52e3133c896bd616884f60d6079384ba.jpgsnapshot_077.thumb.jpg.59ddfa46287772f9e4215fdec7927241.jpgsnapshot_079.thumb.jpg.c8be7fec4413d14c5a01024b26f71981.jpgsnapshot_083.thumb.jpg.25d6ae566dd8a7756f197581d0f50c82.jpg

• Like 23

And here are the pictures for the bedroom and the study. Yeah, no bathroom. I just go for a swim. Yes, I'm aware that wouldn't work in RL.
Oh, and since I'll be abandoning soon (most likely some time next weekend),  if somebody would like to arrange a mutually convenient time to try and catch it, I'm open to that. Just know that I once tried to transfer a home (a cabin, if I remember well) from one of my alts to another of my alts (ie from me to myself)… and somebody else got it. Ha!

snapshot_028.thumb.jpg.510c415ceefbb02123be70dfee3a66d2.jpgsnapshot_049.thumb.jpg.602188393be1f1a5c718841ed51b105d.jpgsnapshot_055.thumb.jpg.de153f04d6809c0234f1ef2e2b0b2426.jpgsnapshot_063.thumb.jpg.6b5ad9a592e3739842d477bc5e099598.jpg

• Like 20

3 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Wow! That looks great. I can not believe you got so much in without linking. Beautiful!

Thank you, Mercedes! Actually, I think the mini houses collection is linked, now that I think about it, so maybe I gained 5 LI? 😀

• Like 4

Hi friends! I recently got an OW stilt home. I chose the Santiago. Seeing all your homes has inspired me to spend long nights decorating my home. XD

I didn't log on to SL for about 6 or 7 months( I haven't even made a decent avatar yet!). I was looking at house decor on YT and came across the new Linden homes and decided to try my luck and see what I could grab. I'm on the Null Quay region.  I figured since I paid for Premium, might as well see what's new!

All your homes look amazing!

Edited by Citrienne
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, Arquet said:

And here are the pictures for the bedroom and the study. Yeah, no bathroom. I just go for a swim. Yes, I'm aware that wouldn't work in RL.
Oh, and since I'll be abandoning soon (most likely some time next weekend),  if somebody would like to arrange a mutually convenient time to try and catch it, I'm open to that. Just know that I once tried to transfer a home (a cabin, if I remember well) from one of my alts to another of my alts (ie from me to myself)… and somebody else got it. Ha!

snapshot_055.thumb.jpg.de153f04d6809c0234f1ef2e2b0b2426.jpg

I love that you have dolls houses I have the same kind of doll house collection wall in my non linden home :)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I love that you have dolls houses I have the same kind of doll house collection wall in my non linden home :)

I bet it looks wonderful! There's something magical about dolls houses and mini houses, isn't there?

If ever you post a picture on your blog, do let us know ("us" because I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see it - not the royal me, lol). Though maybe not on this thread, so as not to go off-topic...

Edited by Arquet
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Arquet said:

I bet it looks wonderful! There's something magical about dolls houses and mini houses, isn't there?

If ever you post a picture on your blog, do let us know ("us" because I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see it - not the royal me, lol). Though maybe not on this thread, so as not to go off-topic...

Absolutely it is coming, thanks!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Citrienne said:

Hi friends! I recently got an OW stilt home. I chose the Santiago. Seeing all your homes has inspired me to spend long nights decorating my home. XD

I didn't log on to SL for about 6 or 7 months( I haven't even made a decent avatar yet!). I was looking at house decor on YT and came across the new Linden homes and decided to try my luck and see what I could grab. I'm on the Null Quay region.  I figured since I paid for Premium, might as well see what's new!

All your homes look amazing!

I hope you post pics when you are all done moving in!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, Marianne Little said:

You made the entrance into a bath? Clever idea. I never thought about that. It will work best on a Stilt over water, with no stairs up, as you have.

Yea, I got an addon room but it went on the top of the house, but needed to save prims so had to get creative...plus I thought the idea seeing the ocean while I dry off would be nice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nafoute said:

I used to have a stilt at a pier end. Very nice views and sunsets. Eventually got tired of it once I was done decorating, but Gosh looking at yours make me wanna claim one again!

Thank you kindly. And yes I was there as well got done decorating & then was all now what....but I know the chances of me getting another location I like isn't going to be easy & if I move then want my stilt back I would most likely end up between the houses without a back view. lol

• Like 2

This place has been lots of fun to decorate and to try out many different options. After nine months here I think it's time to move on. Anyway, I'm still keeping this one until some interesting new theme pops up - like some Asian theme for example.

2021-10-15_Drinkwater.thumb.jpg.d1059386f489a2c2353717abb71acab4.jpg

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/22/2021 at 5:17 PM, Arquet said:

snapshot_055.thumb.jpg.de153f04d6809c0234f1ef2e2b0b2426.jpg

I especially like your collection of houses! I've got something similar in my Vic. 

houses.jpg

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

I did post a few images of this Tortuga when the Stilts were first released, but as I now want to downgrade one of my Premium accounts I have 5 days to decide which of my two Stilt parcels to abandon. This one is on the edge of the western void, and I was certain that it was the one I'd give up... until I started taking photos. Warning: there are about 80 pictures, which anyone can see if so inclined on my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.498877685669949&type=3  (Photos of the Lauderdale to follow.)

Screenshot 2022-12-20 184920.jpg

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.