Cringe binge

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today started off well...our office biked over the new work laptops some of us have been given, and we all received Xmas hampers from the company :) But I'd asked for a 13" laptop and realised they'd sent me a smaller one.

I rang up the boss and thanked him for the hamper and mentioned that they'd accidentally sent me an 11" laptop. He said "Are you sure?" and then said he'd check with IT. Then he rang  back to say "We only had 13" and 15" laptops, you definitely asked for a 13" so that's what we sent." I said, "Oh, this can't be 13"...I have a 13" personal laptop and it's much bigger than this one!" 

Anyway, today I learned that you measure laptop screens diagonally, not horizontally :/  My personal one is actually 15.6". I just hope there's a lockdown until 2023 because I can't bear the thought of going back to work after this :$ Someone has already emailed and asked if I want a small 13" pizza 😠

Please share any embarrassing, stupid things you've done recently so I don't feel so bad.

• Like 4
  • Haha 13
  • Sad 1

Aws, @Rat Luvthat’s not stupid...until you learn something, how can you know, y’know? I always hate that attitude some people have about how ‘one should just know these things’ when it’s not something intuitive or contextually referenced well.

It’s high time that gets put to bed. In embarrassing news, TIL my cat gets spooked from a sound sleep by sudden mysterious er...noises...possibly made accidentally by yours truly. It was so funny but he gave me such a filthy look. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Today started off well...our office biked over the new work laptops some of us have been given, and we all received Xmas hampers from the company :) But I'd asked for a 13" laptop and realised they'd sent me a smaller one.

I rang up the boss and thanked him for the hamper and mentioned that they'd accidentally sent me an 11" laptop. He said "Are you sure?" and then said he'd check with IT. Then he rang  back to say "We only had 13" and 15" laptops, you definitely asked for a 13" so that's what we sent." I said, "Oh, this can't be 13"...I have a 13" personal laptop and it's much bigger than this one!" 

Anyway, today I learned that you measure laptop screens diagonally, not horizontally :/  My personal one is actually 15.6". I just hope there's a lockdown until 2023 because I can't bear the thought of going back to work after this :$ Someone has already emailed and asked if I want a small 13" pizza 😠

Please share any embarrassing, stupid things you've done recently so I don't feel so bad.

Laugh at yourself, shake it off and move on...  Learning moments happen all our lives.  This was one for you.  Now, the issue I would have is your boss discussing the situation with someone who though they might give you grief over it.... that was not cool.

My most recent was trying to remove my nose hoop ring for an MRI scan of my head and slipping my hand (with the tool) and ripping it out (ended up to be just a scratch took  a few hours to stop bleeding) but still.. it hurt like a m..  At least my mask covered it for the procedure...... Now, as I have been trying for a week to get a post back in I am to chicken to put it back and only get halfway through... (apparently healing is faster inside your nose) I might have to go to the shop and have my tattoo guy redo it.. I just cant bring myself to pop it through.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Laugh at yourself, shake it off and move on...  Learning moments happen all our lives.  This was one for you.  Now, the issue I would have is your boss discussing the situation with someone who though they might give you grief over it.... that was not cool

Oh don't worry lol, it's not real grief. It's to be expected I guess...I don't think it was meant in a malicious way :) But still makes me feel like hiding indoors forever...!

2 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

My most recent was trying to remove my nose hoop ring for an MRI scan of my head and slipping my hand (with the tool) and ripping it out (ended up to be just a scratch took  a few hours to stop bleeding) but still.. it hurt like a m..  At least my mask covered it for the procedure...... Now, as I have been trying for a week to get a post back in I am to chicken to put it back and only get halfway through... (apparently healing is faster inside your nose) I might have to go to the shop and have my tattoo guy redo it.. I just cant bring myself to pop it through.

Oww! Sorry to hear that. Yeah, please get the shop to do it, you don't want to risk it going septic or getting badly scarred. Hope you can sort it out soon! ❤️

• Like 1

Aaah x3 don't worry.

Today at work, I had a presentation and asked infront of 13 people, where my glasses went all of a sudden...of course ...classic... they were on my head xD

And just later down that day in the tea kitchen... I asked if anyone would knew where I parked my cup...while holding it haha it's just some days are cursed🤣

I was glad that the husband and I had the same way home today...you know just so I was sure I am not forgetting what train to take 🤣

So don't worry it happens to all of us in some ways ☺️ and your colleagues poking fun at you is probably just playful and will be over as soon as something other funny comes along ☺️🥰

• Like 3

Once, in the very sleep deprived land of early parenthood, I cracked an egg, dropped the contents into the composter and the shell into the batter. And it wasn't until I switched on the mixer and heard a weird noise that I realised. And even then it took a good five seconds or so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Once, in the very sleep deprived land of early parenthood, I cracked an egg, dropped the contents into the composter and the shell into the batter. And it wasn't until I switched on the mixer and heard a weird noise that I realised. And even then it took a good five seconds or so.

I know this oh to well haha 💕

We have 3 kids ...eldest girl almost 18, middle boy almost 10 and now the baby girl born this year in April.

So in the mornings, it's teenage girly problems, dinosaur and robot questions, baby cuddles and feedings and preparing stuff for the husband and me for work xD I already left the house in my house shoes and just noticed it at the train station 😅😅

We mostly do home office this year but it's still insane Sometimes 😂

• Like 3

I know of someone who was in America for business and was invited to a fancy dress party. He wanted to show he was game for the company culture so he hired some huge clown or monkey suit or something. 

Americans, we call that dress code "black tie"...

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh...I used to have a gym bag with a lot of meshing over it. One morning after a very enjoyable night before, I set out to the gym with the bag on my back. It was a 20-minute walk and I passed several people, including a small crowd in the gym reception area (those were the days, right?). Got into the changing room, took off bag, saw pair of very skimpy pants hanging off the mesh, on the side so I knew they had been completely visible the entire time.

Like I said, I USED to have a gym bag with a lot of meshing over it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I know of someone who was in America for business and was invited to a fancy dress party. He wanted to show he was game for the company culture so he hired some huge clown or monkey suit or something. 

Americans, we call that dress code "black tie"...

That's brilliant, would love to have been there xD

• Like 1

Oh, another baby one. Feeding child, postman knocks, answered door and forgot to put boob away first. As it happens, once you've experienced labour (or at least a labour like mine), you're supremely unbothered by stuff like that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Oh, another baby one. Feeding child, postman knocks, answered door and forgot to put boob away first. As it happens, once you've experienced labour (or at least a labour like mine), you're supremely unbothered by stuff like that. 

Do women defecate while giving birth? *Edit* Heard about that years ago.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Do women defecate while giving birth? *Edit* Heard about that years ago.

Can do, you're pushing after all. It's the same action. It's pretty common.

I didn't, as it happened, but by the time I was well in there, I wouldn't have cared if I had. I'd have given birth in the fruit aisle at Tesco if it had made it end quicker.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How did that work in olden times, when CRT's were round? Better dig up Philo T. Farnsworth and ask him!

Still diagonally across the viewing area :)  Unless you mean those TVs I occasionally see in a film where the viewing part really was round, in which case, it would have been any direction, including diagonally with respect to the floor :)

One of my peeves is creators who do not put vendor pictures in with their items - poses, hair, houses, etc.  So I spend a lot of time tracking these down in Flickr or on blogs and then upload them.

Where my cringe comes in is here - I have just spent 30 minutes looking on Facebook for a picture I KNOW I saw there and it was driving me crazy.  I finally gave up and TP'd to the store thinking I'll just do a snap of it and use that instead.  Then I checked the group notices...AND FOUND IT WAS IN THERE!!!!

This is not the first time I have done this.  

There is a backdrops store that doesn't often put the vendor pics in with the items, so I have spent mucho time and lindens tracking them down and uploading them...only to find the pics have been in the group notices THE WHOLE TIME!!!!  

I always have group notices and group chats disabled, so never noticed this was happening.  I'm in groups for discounts and gifties, not notices and inane chatter.

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.