Curious about how people use Linden Homes

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

For a bit of a different answer. My husband and I have 3 Bellisseria homes. 2 Traditionals and 1 Houseboat.  Our two traditions are used as public places and our houseboat is our private home.  We gave up our mainland homes when we discovered Bellisseria 1 1/2 years ago.

Of the 2 Traditional homes.  One is the Bellis Blues Cafe, our little public spot to host DJ parties and invite the community in to dance and party together.

Bellis Blues Cafe advert pic

I love your Bellis Blues Cafe. Thank you so much.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I have only my home in Belli.  It's where I live and love.  I met my bf in Belli and cannot imagine living anywhere else. He also has a home and we spend time between both of our homes. We currently live in log houses but I think he wants to get a stilt when they are released.  That way, we will have two different homes to live in.

Edited by Littlemouse Topaz
  • Like 1

I have my main home I rent from an estate, and 1 Belliseria home. I have the main one because I LOVE lots of snow in the winter & the linden homes aren't seasonal. Also, because I have a lot of stuff i'd like to have out but not enough space and LI to do so, and like the privacy and security and freedom to have the house I want etc. (I play a combat game, so security is a must). I love the Belli home as I enjoy decorating and having somewhere to escape to that only I know of (friends all visit at the main home), and because Belli is a great community and beautiful!

• Like 2

I have eight alts and five homes and I use them alternately, using it as homepoint and feeling it to be HOME to the alt that owns it (and one of his homeless sisters that are waiting for the stilts). I used to have an additional rented home, a cosy cottage in the "Ville de Coeur" which I planned to keep to enjoy the seasons there, paying for it easily with the stipends my premium alts earn, but I forgot to pay the rent in time and so I lost it.

• Sad 2

I currently have an embarrasing amount of land.

My main home is the only rental of the bunch, a full homestead in the private community of Templeton Cove. My oldest mainland is a bit over 4000 square meters by the Nailsworth bridge, and then I also have a 1024 in Bay City across from the Crystal Blue Pool I snagged recently and a 512 in Shermerville I'm probably going to sell. I have a couple thousand left in my tier so I'm keeping an eye out for something nice but priced under market in another cool place, maybe Nautilus City or Horizons (suggestions welcome for other interesting and/or aesthetically pleasing mainland spots!)

And now that I discovered Belli I have acquired a Victorian on my main, a houseboat and log home on two alts, and a trad via my fiance's account.

... I'm a little addicted to land. All kinds of land, as long as it is pretty. Send help.

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

I currently have an embarrasing amount of land.

My main home is the only rental of the bunch, a full homestead in the private community of Templeton Cove. My oldest mainland is a bit over 5000 square meters by the Nailsworth bridge, and then I also have a 1024 in Bay City across from the Crystal Blue Pool I snagged recently and a 512 in Shermerville I'm probably going to sell. I have a couple thousand left in my tier so I'm keeping an eye out for something nice but priced under market in another cool place, maybe Nautilus City or Horizons (suggestions welcome for other interesting and/or aesthetically pleasing mainland spots!)

And now that I discovered Belli I have acquired a Victorian on my main, a houseboat and log home on two alts, and a trad via my fiance's account.

... I'm a little addicted to land. All kinds of land, as long as it is pretty. Send help.

I feel your pain as I too am addicted to land. I got into the habit when I ran a mainland rentals business but even then despite having nice mainland waterfront parcels by Linden land I still loved the getting away from it all in a Linden Home. Today I just sail my boats and explore all over, no more business, but I still love both land and the Linden homes. I have a 1/4 region in Magenta near the ANWR channel and 6 houseboats. You are a little addicted, I think I'm addicted a lot....!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lloyd Overland said:

I feel your pain as I too am addicted to land. I got into the habit when I ran a mainland rentals business but even then despite having nice mainland waterfront parcels by Linden land I still loved the getting away from it all in a Linden Home. Today I just sail my boats and explore all over, no more business, but I still love both land and the Linden homes. I have a 1/4 region in Magenta near the ANWR channel and 6 houseboats. You are a little addicted, I think I'm addicted a lot....!

Buying land is always a huge temptation for me. Always has been. I spend at least a few hours a week looking over available parcels of mainland and checking in on the auctions. Mostly a lot of window shopping and "what ifs" but that streak of being sensible broke when I finally toured Belli and then again when I found a Bay City parcel for sale I instantly fell in love with this past week.

A dream of mine would be to win the lottery and then invest in full mainland sims to landscape beautifully and rent parcels on. Partly because I'd have fun with it, also partly to try to embark on a mainland beautification project. Would it count as philanthropy to somehow snag sims with lots of water parcels and return all the water to empty and fully sailable? Ahahaha, I think it would.

• Like 4

I used to own mainland parcel in Clyde when it was a wooded forest and lovely.  I stayed for a while and loved the history of it being one of the original Secondlife regions.  Over time a land baron bought up all the plots around mine.  The renters filled their parcels with breedables and ugly random retail stores.  The renters came and went, but I never got back the feel of it being home while surrounded by ugly and lag.  I considered buying a parcel in a community like Bay City, but it was just too expensive even for tiny spots.  I tried the old Linden homes, but I was always alone in my region and it just felt cramped.  So now all 4 of my accounts has a different home in Bellisseria.  Each has a home to suit them which I thoroughly enjoy decorating in their styles, so whoever I log in has something just for them.  I have one hopper who is always looking for perfection.  By my own personal code I do not own any more than 1 of the house styles.  I force myself to choose.  So each home I have in Belli is home base to the account that lives there.

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...

I find myself curious about the Bellisseria Linden Home community. How soon after Bellisseria become available did the various homeowner groups start coming together and how did word of them get around? I just purchased a Linden Home in Greyfriar and I've long thought it would be great for the owners/residents in the different Linden Home communities could have a group (or groups) to communicate in, as well as a group (or groups) for the greater community of Linden Homeowners. I just think it would be wonderful to have communities interact with each other on a regular/daily basis and maybe even grow to be an actual community with different events and gatherings. I am really interested in learning why you think Bellisseria, or any other specific Linden Home neighborhood, is so special. 

• Like 1

My Linden home was a Victorian, which I turned into an opium den. I was inspired by Rudyard Kipling's "Gate of 100 Sorrows" which was the title of the lot, and I even had the book out for you to read. You can very easily kit out an opium den in SL, as Post and noctis and others have everything from the opium beds and lamps to the pipes.

However, this was actually only a cover for a nest of British spies who were launching some sort of op against Russians whom they thought were going to invade India. The Great Game and all. And here I could get Nomad's number stations and an old Soviet radio that some guy put on the MP and so on. If you decide to have an opium den which is really a cover for a British spy station that in fact is infiltrated by Russians, Belli is your place.

I worked this story for awhile, for no one in particular (it was a side story of a story begun in a design contest) and then I folded it because I kept coming there, and finding everything was disappeared. I thought perhaps the Lindens had seized the opium den. Or the temp-on-rez secret radio station in the skybox. Because I couldn't see them. But after relogging and coming another day they were all there. This problem of things disappearing plagues certain sims, I see it now and then but this sim in Belli had an acute case of it. Plus, once I had the decorating done and the story sort of hashed out and photographed, I was ready to move on. So it's gone now because I didn't have another story right away, so why not let someone else take it.

I had a silk worm farm in my camper. Let's see. Another camper has a collection of every known enamel mug in Second Life, so all the prims are used up.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dulcinea Andretti said:

I find myself curious about the Bellisseria Linden Home community. How soon after Bellisseria become available did the various homeowner groups start coming together and how did word of them get around? I just purchased a Linden Home in Greyfriar and I've long thought it would be great for the owners/residents in the different Linden Home communities could have a group (or groups) to communicate in, as well as a group (or groups) for the greater community of Linden Homeowners. I just think it would be wonderful to have communities interact with each other on a regular/daily basis and maybe even grow to be an actual community with different events and gatherings. I am really interested in learning why you think Bellisseria, or any other specific Linden Home neighborhood, is so special. 

Every day I see those people in "Bellisseria Parade" meeting and parading around in boats. So there's that, if you like that sort of thing. I can't stick with sailing because I keep falling out of the boat when I want to look at something. So I tend to just take solo train rides or solo rides on my megapuss. There are various groups and a museum and such and I'm sure you'll find other people to have a barbecue with or some sort of activity. Some times you have to start it yourself to find other like-minded.

13 hours ago, Dulcinea Andretti said:

Groups for people who live or are interested in Bellisseria began being formed as soon as the new areas were known.  There are dozens of Bellisseria specific groups pertaining to most interests, almost all of which of full of nice and helpful residents.  The search feature is useful for finding groups that appeal to you.  Of course, if you don't see one that suits your interests, you can always start your own.  Happy grouping!

image.thumb.png.79cbe609e6222eedc6440017544937a7.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well it appears my living situation has changed from what I wrote already.

Ghosty decided that he's going to take an extended (possibly permanent) break from SL. So, letting our private estate land go. 

Looks like I'm now a full time Belli resident. I have several homes already on nice water parcels due to having quite a few alts (except a camper, just could not get into them no matter how hard I tried) so my intention is to use them depending on my mood. Right now, my favorite is my on-land stilt which by chance is one which has it's back stilts in the water so I have a great sea view from the back and not too shabby on each side either. I've already finished decorating and it's exactly what I wish I had in RL LOL.

I am trying to let go of one traditional but it's difficult because the 2 I have are both pretty fabulous water locations and both quite private.

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 6

I have a substantial amount of mainland which is my main home, but my other premium account has recently picked up a Linden Home (mainly because I was curious about the Stilts - its the only type so far that has really caught my attention).

I really like it, so I'm keeping it, though the mainland remains our "main" home. The Stilt is kind of like a holiday home, I guess. It's set to the same land group as my mainland, so all my alts can use it.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.