Curious about how people use Linden Homes

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just out of curiosity...

If you have a Linden Home, is it your only home, or do you have other land elsewhere, either mainland or rental?

If you have other places, which one is your primary home?

I have mainland as well, though I've tiered down to 1024m on that, and my LH is now my primary home. The mainland is used primarily for my alts. I also rent a boat slip on the Blake Sea.

• Like 7

I have one Bellisseria home and one home in the Realm of Rosehaven (which is also home to my sky store). The Rosehaven place is the primary one I like to experience the seasons and the fantasy of the community plus I am able to flit between whatever build I want.  I love the Linden Home regions mainly for exploring and driving trains.

• Like 7

I live in Bellisseria, but I currently have three parcels in Bay City (two restaurants and a "YMCA"). I also have a small sunset beach parcel in a pretty neighborhood on Mainland, on the Corsica continent.

I've lived all over Mainland and on many private estates, but Bellisseria has really held my interest from its inception. :) 

• Like 7

My LH is not my main home. Simply too small and not enough LI, but it's nice to have a second place.

My main home is a rental parcel on a private estate where I can live out my green tropical dreams. I don't intend on this changing for as long as I can help it.

I use Bellisseria often times for horse riding, however as of late that's nearly impossible with how laggy and unloading everything is.

• Like 7

I have a mainland plot, supported by tier donations from myself and one alt - and I also pay LL $4.00/month on that.  My other alts own a Houseboat and 2 Traditionals, though one of those will get released once I decide which location I prefer -- I just picked up the second one last week.

Since the alts own the Linden Homes, and any one of those might get randomly released if another alt happens upon a better location, the mainland plot is where Lil's home is set to - as well as any alt that doesn't currently own a Linden Home.

• Like 7

My primary place to log in is a skybox that welcomes breedables. I got hooked on Amaretto horses when they first came out 10 (!) years ago. I still check on my horses first thing. I have an equal passion for home hopping. Until Bellisseria was created, I used to rent on private estates and would hop from parcel to parcel when I would get bored. The Moles and Lindens have created some very unique spots within its ever-expanding borders. I love exploring and feeling the peace of its waterways. 

• Like 9

i only have a linden homes for short times, from a minute ( with a standard location) till some weeks at the more special locations.
Till recently a frequent GOH player, but slowly getting down in premiums, most expire in december, and won't renew except one.
In general only keeping one home at a time, rarely when getting a super location keep the other one a little longer too, but mostly releasing fast.

The LH isn't my main home, just a little retreat.
For my decorating and landscape try outs i use my mainland parcel, to prevent, most, rebuilding disasters at my homestead.

• Like 8

My camper in Bellisseria is my 'home'. It's been my dream location since I saw it being posted here in the forum, and I was lucky to finally get it thanks to a super kind resident. With the extra tier, I got a small plot in Mainland that I use basically to build, decorate, and play around.

I also have a Victorian, open to the public. I just keep it because I'm in love with the Doyle model, and I dont have to heart to let it go, so I'm sharing the place with SL. 

• Like 9

My main home is a rental on a private estate that I share with my husband. 

Both of us have homes in Bellisseria also. I don't know if I'd call any of them "home" per se. I like them for playing decorator/landscaper. It's a hobby although I certainly enjoy the neighborhoods and ambiance of these homes. I tend not to stay in one Bellisarian home for too long - I decorate, memorialize it in pix and move on to something better. 

I have held on to my houseboat longer than any other because I like having sailable waters. The one log home I have is on an awesome lot and I can't bare to let go of it. I have a couple of trads and Vic in really wonderful locations too that I enjoy time at since most are water based. I like water :D

• Like 7

My Beli home is now my current main home after flipflopping around mainland. I like that I don't have to worry about the actual house part in my decorating.

I don't have allot of spare cash, so it's just this for now and a very cheap rp aparment in a sim I go to.

As for what I use it for. Mainly destressing, decoration experiments and casual alone time. Or chill with my partners.

Nowif onlytherewas a fairy/fantasy theme. 👀

Edited by Robin Kiyori
  • Like 6

My Linden Home is my only home. I have a Trad, but I am not particularly in love with it and I'm planning to try for a log cabin once the Stilts are released and more people abandon. I'm not particularly moved by the Stilts but I am looking forward to the German Chalets. I really want one of those.

This time next year, I guess?

• Like 5

My only home is a Linden home, though I may have anywhere from 1 to 4 at any given time.  My partner does the same, as we both enjoy building and decorating, though we spend time together at all of them. 

I currently have "home" set to my houseboat on Hardtack, across from the Trafalgar lighthouse.  I also have a log home on Brichester, on the shores of Big Bird Lake.  The houseboat is a keeper.  I may or may not move the log home to one of the SE coastal regions once they are released, but who knows if I will still want to do that when it comes time.  I'm planning to grab a stilt home for a new building and decorating experience, but until I spend time in one, I don't know if I will keep it.  I'm not likely to grab a chalet, but I look forward to future themes, ever hopeful for something with a southwestern US influence, Mediterranean, or Euro-modern.  

I like to keep one alt account open for GoH, but haven't been doing so much of that lately.  That may pick up once the stilts are released and we see an increase in abandons.   

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Karly Kiyori said:

I am looking forward to the German Chalets. I really want one of those.

This time next year, I guess?

Based on how long it took them to do other releases after the reveal (not counting Stilts because of region shortage & cloud issues), my guess is that the Chalets will be released sometime around Feb-Mar next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a Log Home that sits on a lot with water views on two sides.  It sits off the road and there is no clear cut walk to it.  I love that.  It's about as perfect as one can get in my view and I have no intention of letting it go.  I haven't completed the decorating yet and not in any hurry to do so.  For years I have leased a full region, upgrading it to 30K LI about 2 1/2 years back.  This is where I can dig in pixel dirt to my heart's content.  It is usually open to the public, but is undergoing a complete renovation right now.  This time I partitioned a portion of the land for my main residence.  Once I reopen the region it will be open as well for a short time for people to tour, then it will go private.  I use the Linden Homes more or less as vacation areas.  Looking forward to grabbing a stilt home for the tropical vibe as my region is situated in the mountains and hope one day LL will release an updated Meadowbrook, which is my all time favorite, as it was my first home in Second Life.  What can I say, I love to decorate in my own good time.

• Like 6

I have 2 mainland homes, one on the beach with sea access and one in adult land and I have a few small plots here and there that I rent out and build stuff on.  I also have a Linden cabin that I use for my quiet times.  In fact, I just landed a nice little log cabin on a lake that I'm looking forward to decorating.  

• Like 1

I have a Linden Home and a Mainland parcel. The mainland is rented and my primary home. My Linden home i have just because of Bellisseria i did have an older home briefly many years back but it wasn't exciting enough to keep me interested in staying premium. I've cleared out my log in preparation for the stilts but being in Bellisseria is like having a bolt hole somewhere you can escape too for a change of scenery. on mainland i have a store build on the ground so probably have half or less the amount of prims to play with for my sky home and i have to factor in the Li of the building i want to use. in Bellisseria i can be a bit more frivolous 

• Like 2

I own a houseboat which is an absolute keeper, and two alts have a Vic and a Trad. But since my main hobby in SL is taking pics and decorating scenes for those pics, a Linden home does not provide me with enough prims. So my main home is a 4096 lot which I rented from a private estate. 

I love sailable waters, so when the stilts come out, both of my alts will for sure go for them. The 3 Linden homes are also the place where I might invite people whom I do not know very well. My rented land is often too messy because like I said....... I am steadily building new scenes. One day it's "Oh, I am in the mood for taking SciFi pics" and a few days later I might feel like "X-mas is coming...... I should build a nice scene, take pics and use it for virtual Season greetings". :) Whereas the Linden homes are "what stays"........ a reliable furnished place to say hi to people and for the rare times I feel like "socializing time now!" and not "hermit time".

• Like 4

For a bit of a different answer. My husband and I have 3 Bellisseria homes. 2 Traditionals and 1 Houseboat.  Our two traditions are used as public places and our houseboat is our private home.  We gave up our mainland homes when we discovered Bellisseria 1 1/2 years ago.

Ships Go East Houseboat, Cobbs Region

Of the 2 Traditional homes.  One is the Bellis Blues Cafe, our little public spot to host DJ parties and invite the community in to dance and party together.

Bellis Blues Cafe advert pic. dancing the blues .

Our other Traditional home is currently the Bellisseria Group Consociate building that host Bellisseria group boards of the top 25 groups in Bellisseria, along with a board for the BBB and Jon Ree's Bellisseria Landmarks and the Parade of Homes & Resident Owned Places of Interest listings.

Bellisseria Group Consociate Building

We've made our dwellings in Second Life fully supportive of the Bellisseria community and enjoy our time we spend in Second Life these days.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.