SECOND LIFE COMMUNITY WITH A FACEBOOK FACE TO US.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Transform the Second Life community page into a more pleasant and interactive social network, so that all of us in SL can interact without the need for "Facebook".
Just like IMVU, which doesn't depend on "Facebook".
May we share our photos, videos and ideas, coming from outside or inside SL

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Bellatezzudea said:

Transform the Second Life community page into a more pleasant and interactive social network, so that all of us in SL can interact without the need for "Facebook".

The forum is fine how it is,  the forum works for people like myself and others,  we're old.  we're cranky and we dont like changes  (I'm not that old, I'm being silly)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bellatezzudea said:

I'm confused on what you are really asking for.  I have no problems with forum interaction or sharing of my Flickr photos - and I do not have a FB account.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Bellatezzudea said:

We do all that here.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm confused on what you are really asking for.  I have no problems with forum interaction or sharing of my Flickr photos - and I do not have a FB account.

No FB here either. Wish it would implode.  But there is another social network known as MeWe and unlike FB you can make accounts with your avi's name and stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Isn't there some issue with facebook insisting on a real identity? SL has a very comfortable level of anonymity that Facebook might breach if an SL name were then linked to an FB account?

you can use a alias, but the sign up should be your real data.

thousends of SL accounts were deleted past years. Mostly not by active searching, but reporting.

2 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Isn't there some issue with facebook insisting on a real identity? 

In theory, yes.  In practice, no.  I have had a FB account under a few of my alts.  The biggest difficulty I've encountered is that FB typically wants a unique phone number associated with accounts.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bellatezzudea said:

my.secondlife.com could be modified for that and look/work similar to facebook, also have a web instant messenger plugin to talk with friends without the need for someone to use client software but i don't think that's going to happen. 

Just now, RowanMinx said:

What is TikTock? 😁

Isn't that another version of that thing people did like those 30 second videos ,but you'd get a whole chain of them in one video.. Veens or something like that..Veen Vimes,...Umm,what the heck was that called?

........<These dots are me actually tapping a key  trying to remember that name............. Got it!!  VINES!!!  That's it, Vines!! \o/

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.