The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

4 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

At Dreamland Designs various bits and pieces of the Erin bedroom set are on sale. The 8 LI bed (PG or A) is $99, and the price includes the 1 LI lamp (which provides a gentle lighting effect) and 2 LI bedside table. Ottoman and wall decor sold separately.

Got this, need to revamp my mainland bedroom. The ottoman includes the rug and decor (all unlinked). The ottoman is 3 LI, books 2LI, the plant is 5 LI (a bit too much, but it is lovely). The rug is 3 LI but if you unlink the tassels is only 1 and can be stretched a bit remainning that. 

ottoman_001.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Grab your wallet and head over to Bee Designs for lots of attractive and attractively-priced sets. Just two of the many on offer that particularly caught my eye: the Batik Hideout totals 38 LI - but the linked group of 3 palm trees is only 3 LI, with tremendous LODs and the bed itself is 14 LI. The gazebo itself accounts for the remaining 21 LI. All this, PG or A, for $60. (Usual price $299/349). I also liked the look of the InkMe Shay Hanging Bench - which includes the grouping of trees (9 LI) and side table with flower pots. Once again, great LODs, and all for $60, PG or A. If I get another log home sometime in the future, this'll be found outside for sure.

bee1.jpg

bee2.jpg

bee3.jpg

• Like 8

@Trinity Blakewellposted about the kitchenette from last week's offer toTrompe Loeil superfans group.

The house, Trompe Loeil - Kierna Ranch PG, is still on sale as I type this. Trompe Loeil houses are interesting because they often come with lamps. It is worth buying the house just for lamps and kitchens. Each of those are 1 Li each, and as you can see, the size is huge. No need to stretching them, rather the opposite. One for the wall, one to hang from the roof. 

Edit: If you have bough previous houses from Trompe Loeil, you might have the lamps. They are named "Marceline". I found out that I had unlinked and saved them already. ;)

lamps_001.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5

I am so late with my weekend shopping. Some stores keep the item up a bit longer. Not possible to know if I am lucky and can buy them, of course. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Atelier/67/70/21

But the Pitaya set that's named "Urban spa" has some offers. Check land impact. It is a plant there that will make you gasp.

I got myself the fountain from that set, 75 L and it is 3 Li. I could stretch it to a little over 4 m, and still 3 Li. I set land impact to 2 and zoomed out. This must be good LOD.

lamps_002.png

lamps_003.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Atelier/67/70/21

2 more parts I bought from the Urban spa: Massage table, 75 L, buy PG or adult, same price for each. I have some massage tables, but they start to look a bit old, and this has a new modern look. The matching trolley comes with towels and towel basket, also 75 L.

Massage table: 5 Li, trolley 2 Li.

Now the interesting part of the trolley is that you can unlink the towels and towel basket, and it is no ugly shadow left on the wood. I tinted the towels light blue, and moved them up so you can see. Indiviual parts are 0.5 land impact. Shadow prim is separate on trolley and table. The pillow and throw on the table can also be tinted, and you can unlink the pillow if it is in the way for your head. The pillow leaves no shadow behind either! The rolled up towels have a pale, almost unnoticeable shadow if you move them, the throw a dark shadow. It is best to leave that on.

All textures comes in white, I only tinted the throw blue too. The mattress is not easy to tint, since you tint the wood top with it.

The massage table stay 5 Li, no matter if you make it smaller. You can stretch it a bit before Li goes up. Same for the trolley.

lamps_004.png

• Like 11

Has anyone ever tried decorating an entire Linden Home with dollarbies and Freebies?  I think it would be a fun challenge to have ♥ but I'm not sure if I should make a new topic for such a thing?

Oh... and it seems that Gyazo photo links are now expiring ;-(  So I guess we may have to start saving them somewhere from now on.  Pity about all the older links suddenly going missing. 😭😿😢

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BJoyful said:

Oh... and it seems that Gyazo photo links are now expiring ;-(  So I guess we may have to start saving them somewhere from now on.  Pity about all the older links suddenly going missing. 😭😿😢

I just clip and paste directly into the thread.  No file saving, Gyazo, or internet hosting needed.  
case in point:
image.png.1636512e7f38c308c43f0dcb7d6c09a9.png

Granted, that doesn't help with expired Gyazo links.

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I just clip and paste directly into the thread.  No file saving, Gyazo, or internet hosting needed.  

^^ That's what I normally do also... but since Gyazo updated recently I noticed this is happening: 

5764afa03def83222b2e0a7c10de9a94.gif

• Sad 1

I went to get that green Dreamland set - love the palette - but didn't care for the LODs.  But I did pick up the daybed next to it for $LL99.  Few things about it: it's 13LI at the store, but here it is at 11.  Litta is 6.9 ft in Appearance. In order to resize it, you have to make the invisible root prim near Litta's shins taller.  Then you may need to adjust anims.  This is one of the male anims.  Also, if you're using the single poses, SWAP moves you to the other side of the bed, which is kinda cool.  Maybe that's always the case, gonna have to try it on some other furniture.

Also, this model has a bazillion faces.   Of course it is not original mesh; it's one of Jolee Tee's (originally full perm) pieces.  I like her full perm models, but they're pricey and I can't be bothered to texture them lol.

Daybed.thumb.JPG.e88e843b05399c55bc8db6c12f9e6026.JPG

• Like 7