The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

44 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

You've totally ruined it for me 🤣🤣🤣  I got it for my Mediterranean home,  and narrowed the headboard, but now I can just picture a grave...🤣

I got it too, it is a nice bed, but I'm seeing graves too 😁.

But still like it, graves never bothered me, 

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Elena Core said:

You've totally ruined it for me 🤣🤣🤣  I got it for my Mediterranean home,  and narrowed the headboard, but now I can just picture a grave...🤣

Think of it this way: I've saved you from making a grave mistake! 🪦😊

• Haha 5

On 2/3/2023 at 12:37 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

Attention kitchen collectors! Brocante is selling what I think is a new kitchen at Fameshed. It is available in white or black (with color HUD for the stove, fridge, countertops, ovenhood and backsplash) for $1000 per color or $1500 for both. All the outlined items in the first photo are linked for a total of 14 LI. No animations in the demo model at Fameshed or Floorplan and no indication that there are any :( but if you've got a small space and need a corner kitchen...

Also at Fameshed, and next to Brocante, Dust Bunny is selling these fuzzy 3 LI chairs for $150 PG or $250 A.

There's lots more furniture and decor to see at Fameshed, but it'll be around for most of this month, so on to the weekend sales!

EDIT: Just to confirm - there are no animations in the kitchen, but it is easy to re-color parts of the white version beyond what you can do with the hub.

floorplan1.jpg

floorplan2.jpg

kitchen.jpg

I really really want to get the kitchen, but I'm afraid the LI will go up if I stretch it bigger to fit my avie. Am I supposed to be taller the the fridge?  #TallAvatarProblems 🤣

tallavieproblems_001.thumb.jpg.7b5da7b893ecdb1ff361f1279e2431d0.jpg

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I really really want to get the kitchen, but I'm afraid the LI will go up if I stretch it bigger to fit my avie. Am I supposed to be taller the the fridge?  #TallAvatarProblems 🤣

tallavieproblems_001.thumb.jpg.7b5da7b893ecdb1ff361f1279e2431d0.jpg

Here in the UK many of us still have fridges that fit under our kitchen counters! (Including the freezer!)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I brought the Brocante kitchen anyway. I can report that the LI does increase when resized. Greg may not be able to use it, but Eddy can.

eddynewkitchen_001.thumb.jpg.9a9f365c70313aba0b883e597f6f4a46.jpg

Brocante should release it as a modular kitchen. I will not pay so much for a kitchen that can't be altered. Is it even a mirror version included?

It was disappointing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

At Kazza the blocky 'By-the-Sea armchair 5' is $60, but it's 8 LI; the palmpot to the left is 6 LI, $£60; the 3 LI  'straw chandelier' is also $60. The bed is also $60 (but as shown with the linked stool and rug) it is 25 LI.

kazza.jpg

kazza2.jpg

So high Li. I bet it isn't even color change in the chair and bed. The persistent use of green annoys me a bit, was it light grey or creme it could be tinted at least... I have bought Kazza almost every weekend, but now I want to stop when I see that color. I don't use it anyway, a waste of money.

And the pink bed, nice for a special occasion, but I don't like pink so much either. And that Li, it is ughhhh. I bet the chair and carpet isn't more than 1-2 Li each. If I am really unlucky, the shadow is baked on the rug, so it has to be used as it is set up...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

So high Li. I bet it isn't even color change in the chair and bed. The persistent use of green annoys me a bit, was it light grey or creme it could be tinted at least... I have bought Kazza almost every weekend, but now I want to stop when I see that color. I don't use it anyway, a waste of money.

And the pink bed, nice for a special occasion, but I don't like pink so much either. And that Li, it is ughhhh. I bet the chair and carpet isn't more than 1-2 Li each. If I am really unlucky, the shadow is baked on the rug, so it has to be used as it is set up...

EDIT: I didn’t buy any of the Kazza pieces so can’t answer for sure about color-change options, but the curtains are advertised as having pink/gray-green options and that worked on the demo model; I can see in the photo that that must be true for the bed as well, though I didn’t test it as I didn’t notice the squares at the time. Kazza’s done several beds that are less than half that LI, so it was disappointing to see how high the LI was in this case.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Brocante should release it as a modular kitchen. I will not pay so much for a kitchen that can't be altered. Is it even a mirror version included?

It was disappointing.

Frigga already said there's no mirror versions. I tried pulling it apart to see if any individual pieces could be repurposed. The refrigerator has shadows drawn in. The sink and baskets maybe, imaginably, possibly slim chance, could be salvageable, but I don't have high hopes for a small percentage of the kitchen hacked up for other uses.

wouldnotwork.thumb.jpg.383614dfd11313935f80d198417f91db.jpg

9 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:
13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

EDIT: I didn’t buy any of the Kazza pieces so can’t answer for sure about color-change options, but the curtains are advertised as having pink/gray-green options and that worked on the demo model; I can see in the photo that that must be true for the bed as well, though I didn’t test it as I didn’t notice the squares at the time. Kazza’s done several beds that are less than half that LI, so it was disappointing to see how high the LI was in this case.

LandImpactis2DamnHigh.png.6d4a62d980023466da0a78476db02660.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Frigga, colors and style might not be to everyone's liking (personally, I love that green), and LI too high, but it is nice of you sharing all this info every weekend. 

Edited by Elena Core
Grammar, what else...
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Frigga, colors and style might not be to everyone's liking (personally, I love that green), and LI too high, but it is nice of you sharing all this info every weekend. 

I agree.

I just vented a bit because I had so much Kazza I don't use. I have to learn not to buy everything "just in case" I am going to need it. Done for now. 😉

I resisted the temptation, and didn't buy this weekend! I am learning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Frigga already said there's no mirror versions. I tried pulling it apart to see if any individual pieces could be repurposed. The refrigerator has shadows drawn in. The sink and baskets maybe, imaginably, possibly slim chance, could be salvageable, but I don't have high hopes for a small percentage of the kitchen hacked up for other uses.

I wait for a modular kitchen... 🍷

I have so many kitchens, but I can't get enough of them.

• Like 2

Since we are discussing kitchens and I got inspired by Theresa Firelight's wonderful new article on kitchens in her blog, here are a few of my go-to kitchens that I posted over there in a comment.  Note that  these are (as far as I know) not currently sale items but are not exorbitently priced either:

Here is one kitchen that I used a LOT: Chez Moi's Quinn kitchen https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CHEZ-MOI-Quinn-Kitchen-PG/20912184 (18 LI as shown, with color options, but no fridge)

Also, Chez Moi's Bellshire Kitchen, which I do not own as yet, looks good with similar LI and features:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CHEZ-MOI-Bellshire-Kitchen-Sink-PG/22159316

Since fridges seem to be omitted so often (NO idea why), my frequent flyer fridge is the BAZAR retro fridge, 4 LI, fully loaded with food and very easy to recolor: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BAZAR-Retro-fridge/5514890  (that is Trompe's Finley kitchen partially shown in the background, not tremendously low in LI but I like it.)  😄

image.thumb.jpeg.ac9eeeb8c724597d162fd7d7e212903f.jpeg

Edited by Leora Greenwood
Doofus, doofus!!!
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Since we are discussing kitchens and I got inspired by Theresa Firelight's wonderful new article on kitchens in her blog, here are a few of my go-to kitchens that I posted over there in a comment.  Note that  these are (as far as I know) not currently sale items but are not exorbitently priced either:

Here is one kitchen that I used a LOT: Chez Moi's Quinn kitchen https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CHEZ-MOI-Quinn-Kitchen-PG/20912184 (18 LI as shown, with color options, but no fridge)

Also, Chez Moi's Bellshire Kitchen, which I do not own as yet, looks good with similar LI and features:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CHEZ-MOI-Bellshire-Kitchen-Sink-PG/22159316

Since fridges seem to be omitted so often (NO idea why), my frequent flyer fridge is the BAZAR retro fridge, 4 LI, fully loaded with food and very easy to recolor: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BAZAR-Retro-fridge/5514890  (that is Trompe's Aveline kitchen partially shown in the background, not tremendously low in LI but I like it.)  😄

image.thumb.jpeg.ac9eeeb8c724597d162fd7d7e212903f.jpeg

Your picture shows some really nice upper cabinets loaded with glasses and dishes and such. Are those part of the Quinn kitchen? If not, what are they from?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Your picture shows some really nice upper cabinets loaded with glasses and dishes and such. Are those part of the Quinn kitchen? If not, what are they from?

Thanks

That is part of Trompe's Finley kitchen:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Trompe-Loeil-Finley-Kitchenette-PG-V11-mesh/8438099  I use it fairly often but it is not as low in LI as the kitchens we have been looking at (the MP ad says 37 LI) and it has seven color options.

Edited by Leora Greenwood
I am a doofus; it was the Finley kitchen, just the hanging pot rack was from the Aveline kitchen, both from Trompe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Elena Core said:

I Agree and its Good that we can talk about it and maybee even avoid some stuff. Keep it coming @Frigga! Hugs 🤗 

• Like 6

Again, I am not sure where to post this so here goes.  I have been using some lovely decking for ages on the half region I rent.  I have loved it for a long time but the LODs are terrible, especially noticeable on a large piece of land and it does not seem to have been updated.  I replaced some yesterday with pieces from another vendor and the LODs are much better though the LI is a bit higher.  (The older decking is from Goose, the newer from Virtual Nature.)  In the photos below the old decking on the left is 8 LI linked while the new version on the right is 12 LI.  Any suggestions for other makers of mesh decking pieces?  Thanks!

237038476_FairgroundsDance_002.jpg.c9916ac7417180957c302b5651403842.jpg

1207145589_FairgroundsDance_003.jpg.24a0a626779879294a3b46e17f3dde47.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Again, I am not sure where to post this so here goes.  I have been using some lovely decking for ages on the half region I rent.  I have loved it for a long time but the LODs are terrible, especially noticeable on a large piece of land and it does not seem to have been updated.  I replaced some yesterday with pieces from another vendor and the LODs are much better though the LI is a bit higher.  (The older decking is from Goose, the newer from Virtual Nature.)  In the photos below the old decking on the left is 8 LI linked while the new version on the right is 12 LI.  Any suggestions for other makers of mesh decking pieces?  Thanks!

LISP has square, straight and curved decking - no stairs, though. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Decking-Wooden-Square-Bergamot-6-texture-options/18052284

I've bought some non-decking items from HeadHunter's Island in the past that had very good LODs: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HeadHunters-Island-Wood-Deck-walkway-creation-kit-modular-MESH/22464942

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1