♥ Just for fun! Waht does your RL zodiac sign say about your favourite home themes? ♥

Chloe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here is a just for fun piece of fluff for a Sunday....

I am a water sign in RL I need the water in my linden home parcels. The houseboats being my favourite where I feel most at ease / free. 

I am looking forward to the stilt homes on water but I still think I will prefer the boats. 

I tend to associate Traditionals and Log homes with earth signs. Campers with air signs possibly because of the more temporary nature and Victorians possibly with fire signs. 

How about you?

• Like 1

I come back to the forums after a break, and here's this great thread; thanks for bringing this up Chloe, really a cool topic!

To me, campers are definitely an air theme (flowing through life), boats to water, but I would associate Log cabin to fire (passionate, wild, free will sign), and Victorian and Traditionals to earth sign (a more stablished and traditional theme)

Having said that, and being a fire sign, I am feeling more and more drawn to campers, they have a more forest/woody feeling to me than cabins themselves.

• Like 2

One thing is horoscope in terrible magazines and newspapers (not to mention those late night TV shows...) and another thing is your zodiac sign and astrology, which is a much deeper and serious natural science.

Also, keep in mind it is your rising sign what is marking your personality,  not your actual zodiac sign (marking your attitude in life); not sure if I am explaining myself.

I think it was you Marianne the one who mentioned that, apart from the theme itself, an ideal home had to do much more with location, and I agree. My risign sign is a dark introspective one, and I am always looking for isolated plots, not because I don't like people, but because I am always looking to protect myself from the outside world.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

serious natural science.

Where is the connection to serious, real science? All zodiacs are completely made up by humanity. Its not like, for example, gravity, which is there, no matter if a human believes in it or not. It is not messureable, can't be proven false. I see zodiac signs and astrology on an equal level to religion. Made in a time, when people had limited abilities to explain what was around them and with each culture coming up with their own variation over time. The chinese zodiac gives you an animal and an element and thats also supposed to mean something. So who got it right?

Combine that with humans tendencies to see patterns in anything and wanting to believe and -boom- you "see" yourself in a zodiac.

• Like 4

Hm, the Virgo Ascendant does not fit me much... only some of the weaknesses. So you can say I "see myself" in 10-20% of it,  and I am sure every ascendant would have at least 10% I think fits my personality. So I take the Zodiac signs in good humor, but not so serious.

I always want water by my plot, of course it is because I am a Cancer, she said with a wink. 🏊‍♀️ 🌍 👙

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

So I take the Zodiac signs in good humor, but not so serious.

Total point of the thread ♥ some people are very into it others not. From a point of view of the elements of earth, air, fire and water I wondered what element people fell under and how that fit their home prefs

• Like 4

Well i used to be a Cancer... years passed and somebody told me that actually i was a Gemini Cancer cusp... more years passed and somebody else told me the zodiac maps were incorrect and obsolete according to real star locations on the day i was born and fact is they were and i am a Gemini!

My whole world collapsed, i was raised to be the man that i never was.

Anyway back to the topic i prefer houses close to water because i can raise the price a bit when i put them for rent.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well, I'm a Leo but I don't know what my rising sign is. I never felt attuned to my supposed brash and dramatic personality. I'm from the Great Lakes State, so water is what draws me. I'm more in touch with the moon than sun. I only burn and don't tan. I bounce between houseboats, Trads, and campers. As much as I want to like the log homes and Victorians, I can't stick with them.

• Like 2

Well, I am Gemini, split personality, so..............must be why I like GOH so much!   I am more drawn towards having a nice open space  with water.  I find I get the best results with houseboats and traditionals.   So.........part of me wants a traditional house and the other personality wants a houseboat.  So....I have both :D

• Like 2

I'm a water sign - Pisces which consciously or not i am drawn to water more or less every home i've had in Bellisseria has had water view or been very near to a water feature. Pisces love water and nature so Log Cabins and Caravans should be perfect and i am enjoying my Log home for now. Definitely looking forward to the new stilt homes would love one on a pier i think i am more drawn to the water than the nature side. If i go by my rezz date i'm Aries which makes me a fire sign 

• Like 3

I'm Taurus with Capricorn rising and a Cancer moon, all of which combine to make me somewhat change-averse. Apart from a couple of insta-throwbacks, the shortest time I've spent in a home was the month in a camper. I'm drawn to water, especially the sea,  but the last time I caught a houseboat I couldn't face the prospect of being without a garden again. On balance, the Vics are my favourites because they feel the most substantial of the house types, and the landscaping saves me having to expend too many of my own prims on trees and flowers. (Earth signs are frugal, as a rule. This is also why most of my furniture comes courtesy of 50L Friday.)

• Like 3

RL Taurus with Leo ascending (yea, ok, I "USED" to be into this stuff when I was a teenager). One would think I'd like the earthy regions, campers and log homes most.

Nope. I like homes directly on water. Give me an ocean view any day. So that blows  astrological theories to bits and pieces :D 

Oh wait. My Venus is in Cancer. The crab. Ok, maybe not so blown up LOL

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.