Jump to content

oh my.


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

it just hit  the happy birthday thread  ,,,,   can someone make this person stop ,,, 

They wont, there is such a huge language barrier and cultural barrier here with them, that they do not understand and wont listen to any logic, I gave up trying to help them with the platform, It got me to that point.  I hardly ever give up trying to help.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Kristi Linden : 2 cent contribution. 

Why can't there be an implemention to prevent creating accountnames with wildcards ? Shouldn't it have been obvious from the spammer's conduct that new account creations ending with *poitre should be blocked ? Word repetition ?

Also : even if it has been suggested vehemently that a 'Hug' - button is wished for , I see more immediate need to an 'Ignore User' - BUTTON directly placed over the userinfo in threads. Now I need to block the awful content sprouted in here within my own preferences and look that up each single instance of a spammer.

 

 

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

  I've already reported the abuse in SL,  I've reported it here.  

quite useless during evenings/nights and weekends friday till monday, those posters seem to know that. And AR inworld will take weeks...

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

quite useless during evenings/nights and weekends friday till monday, those posters seem to know that.

Certainly seems so lately. 

Oh aren't those spammers 'clever'.

And the thing is, if they really genuinely have a grudge against a certain person/people in Second Life, and want us to join forces with them to get rid of the person/people they so obviously dislike, they aren't exactly going the right way about it. 

If, however, if their intention is to irritate people, job done!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

If, however, if their intention is to irritate people, job done

What strikes me most is the futility of it all. What a waste of everyone's time.. spammer included.  :|

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TDD123 said:

What strikes me most is the futility of it all. What a waste of everyone's time.. spammer included.  :|

 

Maybe spammer gets some weird s e x u al thrill over what he does - like those blokes who used to do the heavy breathing down the phone to intimidate women in old movies!

It's a theory.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:

 - like those blokes who used to do the heavy breathing down the phone to intimidate women in old movies!

I was not intimidating !! I just came home missing the bus and called them I missed the appointment, but could not speak before catching my breath !

Besides .. nobody remembers those movies but a few .... :D

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some say we SL addicts should get a life.

Well I look down on spammers, who truly need to find something productive to do. I've heard pottery classes are engaging.

Spamming is like soiling the office toilet. I worked for a while in a decent office with secure access. Every so often, a cubicle would be covered in excrement. The sh*t spammer was never identified.

Same thinking. Like when a burglar sh*ts in your bed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BelindaN said:

Some say we SL addicts should get a life.

Well I look down on spammers, who truly need to find something productive to do. I've heard pottery classes are engaging.

Spamming is like soiling the office toilet. I worked for a while in a decent office with secure access. Every so often, a cubicle would be covered in excrement. The sh*t spammer was never identified.

Same thinking. Like when a burglar sh*ts in your bed.

There isn't an appropriate emoji so I liked your post. 

Nowadays they could probably DNA the sh1t and identify the culprit.  We used to have the same thing going on in an office where I worked - but it was bogies (boogers?) smeared on the back of the door of the same cubicle. I think they thought the cleaners never cleaned the backs of the toilet doors. They didn't. Apparently. :/ 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TDD123 said:

I see more immediate need to an 'Ignore User' - BUTTON directly placed over the userinfo in threads. Now I need to block the awful content sprouted in here within my own preferences and look that up each single instance of a spammer.

 

If I'm understanding what your want, I think it is already there.  Hover your mouse over anyone's name in this thread and you'll find the 'Ignore User' option. When you click it, you'll get the ability to ignore the user's posts, messages, etc....

image.png.08b7368e8c8a002132ce6aadf56420ce.png

image.png.33b37c4a773ec879cc91e04c9dd157a0.png

 

From that point on, you won't see their posts (assuming you click the 'Posts' box for blocking) unless someone quotes them.  Note however, that their posts will still show in Notifications for any threads and sub-forums that you get notifications for.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

If I'm understanding what your want, I think it is already there.  Hover your mouse over anyone's name in this thread and you'll find the 'Ignore User' option. When you click it, you'll get the ability to ignore the user's posts, messages, etc....

image.png.08b7368e8c8a002132ce6aadf56420ce.png

image.png.33b37c4a773ec879cc91e04c9dd157a0.png

 

From that point on, you won't see their posts (assuming you click the 'Posts' box for blocking) unless someone quotes them.  Note however, that their posts will still show in Notifications for any threads and sub-forums that you get notifications for.

 

You will also still see the names of the topics they start in the list of topics on the Forum page, until the topics are deleted by a mod. (If you click on the topic names, though, the post themselves are hidden.)

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.092fea50ad62482c3d773f569cf88ea6.png

Ahahahaha, Lil! I think you've landed on a great new "thing"! This is a great way to let people know you've blocked them. Yes, yes, I joke, I know this was done as an example shot, but still... wouldn't it be funny? All those people out there who stomp around and swear "I'm blocking half the forum!" could do this. :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

image.png.092fea50ad62482c3d773f569cf88ea6.png

Ahahahaha, Lil! I think you've landed on a great new "thing"! This is a great way to let people know you've blocked them. Yes, yes, I joke, I know this was done as an example shot, but still... wouldn't it be funny? All those people out there who stomp around and swear "I'm blocking half the forum!" could do this. :)

Yeah, but then they can go back and uncheck the boxes after they have posted their "proof". 😛 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Some say we SL addicts should get a life.

Well I look down on spammers, who truly need to find something productive to do. I've heard pottery classes are engaging.

Spamming is like soiling the office toilet. I worked for a while in a decent office with secure access. Every so often, a cubicle would be covered in excrement. The sh*t spammer was never identified.

Same thinking. Like when a burglar sh*ts in your bed.

 

I was with you, all the way up to "Like when a burglar sh*ts in your bed." Cuz covering toilets in excrement, that's a thing I've actually heard of in RL. A burglar sh*tting in your bed, however, not so much. 😋 And should it ever happen, there won't be enough volt in the world to electroshock me back into coherency! 🥴

Edited by kiramanell
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yeah, but then they can go back and uncheck the boxes after they have posted their "proof". 😛 

True, true. It is really difficult keeping track of who is blocking whom. Meh. I get why people block some people, like the troll that is the subject of this thread. Nothing like coming to the Forum and seeing a long line of one person's IDs. But as of late I'm running into what I think are unintended consequences of blocking people, and it is annoying. Go figger, some people actually block me. Me! Me??? :)Also, I can't figure out how people can read a thread if half of it is blocked, nor why they'd want to, and why can't people scrolllllllllll? :::whine::::

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

True, true. It is really difficult keeping track of who is blocking whom. Meh. I get why people block some people, like the troll that is the subject of this thread. Nothing like coming to the Forum and seeing a long line of one person's IDs. But as of late I'm running into what I think are unintended consequences of blocking people, and it is annoying. Go figger, some people actually block me. Me! Me??? :)Also, I can't figure out how people can read a thread if half of it is blocked, nor why they'd want to, and why can't people scrolllllllllll? :::whine::::

I just don't worry about it. If someone has me on ignore, why would I care? It doesn't affect my use of the forum one bit. :) 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know of only one person who has blocked me (obviously there could well be many others, I'm very annoying, this is just the only one I know about). When he revealed he had blocked me and a couple of other recalcitrant women, I was just surprised because I couldn't remember ever seeing or speaking to the guy. He clearly made quite the impression.

It was fun, though. I could quote some of his posts with photos like this one.

underwater-fish-photobomb-animal-photobombs.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yeah, but then they can go back and uncheck the boxes after they have posted their "proof". 😛 

I solemny swear these boxes stay checked .. ;)

check.thumb.png.190b544aadc097cd2037c2f72c90ccca.png

Admitted, the wthite noise is still there .. but far less. Perhaps ignore some more of fervent requoters of those previously ignored  for complete silence.

Edited by TDD123
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With regards to the spammer, that plank is so similar to another pillock I used to know on another forum that I honestly would not be surprised if it's the same person. There was absolutely no response that would stop that guy, even ignoring him entirely. We literally just had to report him to the mods every time it happened and wait it out. It got less frequent as time went on. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...