oh my.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

We literally just had to report him to the mods every time it happened and wait it out.

Fridayevenings @ Moderation team : 

"Aaaahh .. TGIF. Now how do we keep these people busy in General Discussion all weekend ? "

"Pull a straw."

/pulls straw.

"Congrats. You can log in now from a seleciton of *poitre-s. Enjoy your weekend. See you on monday."

"NOOOOOOOoooooooo !!!!"

Edited by TDD123

29 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I just don't worry about it. If someone has me on ignore, why would I care? It doesn't affect my use of the forum one bit. :) 

Normally that is true for me as well. :) In fact, it probably makes our lives easier that they do, eh? My recent annoyances have been with the inability to contact people OFF forums, as we are encouraged to do for things not forum related, and due to knee-jerk (I assume) reactions on their part, perhaps things that could have been addressed, can't be. Meh. I tried. Also, there are always alts to get around that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

I solemny swear these boxes stay checked .. ;)

check.thumb.png.190b544aadc097cd2037c2f72c90ccca.png

Admitted, the wthite noise is still there .. but far less. Perhaps ignore some more of fervent requoters of those previously ignored  for complete silence.

Reposted, with the quote, because I forget that this one does sneaky edits. So my original remark above (which I bleeped out) was:

Well, that was classy.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TDD123 said:

I solemny swear these boxes stay checked .. ;)

check.thumb.png.190b544aadc097cd2037c2f72c90ccca.png

Admitted, the wthite noise is still there .. but far less. Perhaps ignore some more of fervent requoters of those previously ignored  for complete silence.

Wow - Really?

I've got about a dozen people that I have blocked Messages from, because they were relentless.  Otherwise, all of my People "Post" blocks are short term -- they last long enough to let me get out of my argumentative mode.  I primarily only do those blocks to keep me from getting into trouble in the forums.  I've never found anyone that was horrid enough that scrolling past wasn't good enough -- even AV.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Yarly.

You totally have the right, TDD, to ignore anyone you want. I don't use it all myself, but I get why people do, whether it's to avoid annoyance, or because someone is trolling them.

What I don't understand, honestly, is why you'd see fit to post a screenshot showing the people you've blocked here. It certainly makes it clear whom you most dislike . . . why was it necessary to publish that? To rub their faces in it?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

. . . why was it necessary to publish that? To rub their faces in it?

Yes. Because her attacks are relentless, her aggression uncontrolled and her poison was directed at a good friend of mine as well.

You bet I'm rubbing it in. And thank you for the given opportunity to let her now her alts are blocked both here and inworld as well. Messages are trashed unread.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What I don't understand, honestly, is why you'd see fit to post a screenshot showing the people you've blocked here. It certainly makes it clear whom you most dislike . . . why was it necessary to publish that? To rub their faces in it?

^^ This. 

It actually just seems like an attempt to troll the people, assuming they don't also have TDD blocked.

• Like 10

Um. Yes, to a lot of what you are saying. For as long as I have been on this Forum I have had... let me count here... exactly ... oh. Zero blocked. Pretty sure that was true in the old forum, too. I 've stated why several times in the past, but basically it is something someone said a long time ago: I'd rather know what the idiots are saying.

Also it breaks up the continuity of the thread. I like continuity and context.

I realize it is a personal choice, and as Sylvia said, it doesn't really affect my Forum participation one little bit.

As for the "attacks keep coming" that's a load of rubbish, a scan of the threads will show that. I have, yep, responded to some snotty comments and photos. And for the record, this whole thing is because I paid someone a frikkin compliment on the photo thread (and that person and I are just fine, tyvm... we ♥ each other over on Flickr now :) ). As for the friend, a quick perusal of the peeves thread shows my interaction... and to both who are so, so quick to block people, it prevents stuff from being discussed quietly, respectfully and like adults in PMs like is advised to do in the community guidelines and common sense.

As for rubbing my nose in it (and I'm suspecting that it is true for at least one other person on the classy posted list) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah. No. Not in the least. Especially as this keeps going. I tried to take the high road several times with this, and well... consider my nose unrubbed. :)

The scroll wheel works and is a great little hand exercise.

ffs

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Good grief.

I don't block anyone.  If I did, how would I know what's going on??

I guarantee that the person bragging here about who he's blocked still sees all the posts. That type wouldn't be able to resist peeking, so the "block" is just a futile bit of pettiness (or, the bragging about it is, at any rate).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Yes. Because her attacks are relentless, her aggression uncontrolled and her poison was directed at a good friend of mine as well.

You bet I'm rubbing it in. And thank you for the given opportunity to let her now her alts are blocked both here and inworld as well. Messages are trashed unread.

I'm sorry, TDD, but this is just appalling and nasty, as well as being completely high school.

Apart from being unnecessarily cruel, this also makes the forum a kind of unpleasant place for everyone else. Please do your brawling elsewhere, where the rest of us don't have to watch.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

More "for the record" stuff: I agree with Scylla that this makes things stupid/uncomfortable for the rest of the Forum. I *did* contact said parties via PM, using my adorable kitty alt. I specifically asked TDD to relent "for the sake of the Forum".... and you can see what he thought of that idea.

I took the high road, imo. I did in the peeve thread as well, fwiw. Now as I said, typing fingers set to ignore. (I always think of one or two other little things before being able to STFU.)

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.