Make Us Laugh!

I was digging in the MySQL reference manual trying to find the specifics on a parameter when I stumbled upon this (it made me laugh but also made my day, so I suppose it could also be a 'pet delight'):

Option:  --i-am-a-dummy
"If this option is enabled, UPDATE and DELETE statements that do not use a key in the WHERE clause or a LIMIT clause produce an error." 
(there is a politically correct version of the option "--safe-updates", but I like the above version better)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was digging in the MySQL reference manual trying to find the specifics on a parameter when I stumbled upon this (it made me laugh but also made my day, so I suppose it could also be a 'pet delight'):

Option:  --i-am-a-dummy
"If this option is enabled, UPDATE and DELETE statements that do not use a key in the WHERE clause or a LIMIT clause produce an error." 
(there is a politically correct version of the option "--safe-updates", but I like the above version better)

I like this. I preferred when it was "normal" to specify an index in MS SQL, instead of "trusting" it.

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Yikes, poor baby!!  But we know he survived............ 🐕

With nary a scratch.

Found the pics..

(This is when I still had counters, shelves, and a couch, and the table, and that room wasn't full of music gear..)

Turbo on Counter.jpg

Turbo on Table.jpg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

With nary a scratch.

Found the pics..

(This is when I still had counters, shelves, and a couch, and the table, and that room wasn't full of music gear..)

Turbo on Counter.jpg

Turbo on Table.jpg

I guess I'm lucky my husky never did this. My wolf-husky seemed to think it was ok to eat food off the kitchen table as long as she had all 4 paws on the ground. My housemate's chow-retriever grabbed whatever she could get, including a baked chicken off the stove top and then running outside with it. I wasn't going to let her get away with that, so I chased her down and pried her jaws open to get it out of her mouth. 🤣

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I guess I'm lucky my husky never did this. My wolf-husky seemed to think it was ok to eat food off the kitchen table as long as she had all 4 paws on the ground. My housemate's chow-retriever grabbed whatever she could get, including a baked chicken off the stove top and then running outside with it. I wasn't going to let her get away with that, so I chased her down and pried her jaws open to get it out off her mouth. 🤣

Ditto - my huskies never even attempted to get onto the table or counters.  However, they would definitely nab anything left on the table or counter that was within read of their head, while still keeping all feet on the ground. 

They also never tried to climb or jump over the fence, which I heard some huskies do.  One of them did dig under our chain-link fence into the neighbor's back yard once.

The only other aggravating thing they did was lead us on a merry chase whenever they managed to get loose.  Dancing in place as we crept closer to them and then taking off again when we got within a foot of them.  They definitely viewed it as a game.  That was in their early days, before we finished all of the doggy school to train them to come and stay on command.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2